ATTN Gary Hughes

"I have never seen or heard of any pure kenpo guys having any success at all in mma." They don't train for mma... What pure styles besides BJJ consistantly do well in MMA..? Kenpo is for self defense against typical attackers... Sam Pai has already said that his style sparred full contact..? I don't see any problems...

Dougie...OK wise guy, then where did you say you saw Mr. Dimmick again? That's what I thought, now shut up or you lose your rank of Cream Puff.

Gary Hughes

Entry Team....I am not pure Kenpo, but also train in BJJ. Nobody said anything about pure Kenpo. There are also many, many different types of Kenpo and Kempo. Some of them are very good and some are very bad. I guess you didn't chose the right school.

I was very lucky to find my teacher, but later on, I did a lot of research. Sam Pai Kenpo is very good, not well know, but very effective.

BTW, I'm not a MMA fighter, I train for self defense. I think Sam Pai Kenpo would work very well in MMA along with BJJ, but you would have train differently.

Gary Hughes

HonkeyStyle....good to have a Ninja on my side for a change.

Gary Hughes

lol @ Gary Hughes bashing Chris Brennan

Subject: Can mma.tv get any lower

Todd Atkins (TM)
MMA Media

Date: 2004-01-08 12:12:50 It is a sad state of affair when an NHB forum is discussing who would win between Chris Brennan and Rickson Gracie to the tune of almost 100 posts. There are more worthy NHB subjects to discuss. That one is just plain silly IMO.

Sam Pai Kenpo
Registered Member

Date: 2004-01-08 15:55:25 My postal connections tell me Todd Atkins (TM) is correct.

Gary Hughes

Kenpo is not a bad art. I see it as an entry art for people. Kinda like getting a big wheel when you are a kid before you get your first bicycle. MMA is like a motorcycyle though.

Dougie
Cream Puff Rank in Gary Hughes Strikefat System

AdrenalineJunkie....please explain how that is bashing Chris Brennan, you little stalker you? I just feel it's a joke, because Rickson will not fight Chris. If Rickson fights, it will be by someone who the Japanese market will pay big bucks to see, and that won't be Brennan. Of course Brennan would fight Rickson in a heartbeat. Even if he lost, and he would, it would be good for him. If he won, he would have some big paydays.

I respect the fact that Brennan fights and puts in on the line.

To believe that Brennan would beat Rickson, you have to believe the fight would never go to the ground. As soon as it hit the ground, Rickson would dominate, IMO.

Gary Hughes

Doug...I'm sorry, I'm having trouble calling a man Dougie, even if you are a Cream Puff. MMA isn't a style, but a sport. If you have Kenpo striking and BJJ submissions, it would be MMA and it could be very effective. Not for you of course, but for fighters.

I would put more emphasis on knees and elbows, because they are very effecive in MMA. I have always liked elbow and knees strikes and put a lot of them into my STRIKEBACK Self Defense Sytstem. It's a pretty good way to finish someone off when you are in close.

Where did you say it was you saw Mr. Dimmick again? You didn't think you'd just dazzle me with your post and I'd forget did you?

Gary Hughes

MMA is it's own style now imho.

I actually never did say where I saw Joe Dimmick in any of my posts now did I?

I bet that's tearing you up inside.
=)

Dougie posted the following quotes regarding Mr. Dimmick making me believe he had seen him in action:

"Dave Hebler was easily at Dimmick's level for example."

"I know who Dimmick is. deserving of what he is but not that impressive. Just my 2 cents."

"Not saying he wasn't deserving of a 5th. Just that he wasn't all you hype him to be. No biggie. I saw a lot of guys work."

"I'm no more impressed by Dimmick than any other Kenpo guy."

Dougie, you are busted either way. You are trolling and therefore lost all credibility.

I win, you lose.

Gary Hughes

How do you figure? Yes I posted that stuff. It's true what I said. So what? You're just poopy and whiney because I won't tell you something you want to know. Keep trying Gary.

Jeff Rogers....that's interesting. What kind of strike was it or was it a pressure point touch?

Gary Hughes

mikedudikoff....please refer to the thread entitled "Who all can hit harder than Tyson?" for your answer.

Gary Hughes

Anybody heard of Dennis Nackord in Philly? I think he was pretty tight with Joe Lewis, I actually went to a seminar with joe that was pretty good. Dennis sponsored the event.

When Kenpo Strikes it must strike many times 'cause no Kenpo punches have any power!

Bwahaha

standupguy...You must have never felt the "sting of Chinese fists".

Gary Hughes

That's my point! Just sting no power