Attn: Oscar De La Hoya

"Maybe DLH and PBF should hang out with Gatti and Mickey Ward a little bit."

Oscar "hung" out with Gatti for 5 rounds while PBF "hung" out with Gatti for 6 rounds. Gatti didn't like it very much.

Rastus -

Great post, I couldn't help but think this very thing while watching the fight. Oh, and I paid $55 to watch too.

Why blame Oscar? Mayweather is the one who talks so much and he didn't do shit iether. If you ignore that compubox bullshit, it was pretty even and both did very little.

DLH is not a brawler. He has been criticized for not standing toe-to-toe. He doesn't believe that he ought to have brain damage to make spectators happy. I don't blame him. I like the brawling style but there's nothing greater than a technical fighter. Hence, the sweet "science."

Neither have the heart of a Duran or Hearns. They were fighters who boxed. Floyd and DLH didn't fight....they boxed.

To not be giving it their all and go for the finish the whole time,they didn't earn their money,and should have been penalized. In any ppv boxing fight,they should use the Pride yellow card system, dock them 10% of their pay every time they deserve it,I bet that would make them fight!!!!!

I paid for the PPV this past saturday and i can say that i will never pay to see either of those men fight again. Ricky Hatton will always get my money though, he is what boxers should epitomize. Guys that fight their ass off for 12 rounds and work every minute of every round in an effort to work towards a finish.

Charlie

Watching boxing with pops is one of my maybe four earliest memories and so to borrow from Fokai I have been a huge fan since ever since, but I kinda have to agree with the post.

Not a boxing fan and don't care either way, but I don't think its fair to put much blame on DLH for the match.

He stalked PBF the entire fight.
What was he supposed to do, put his hands at his waist and close his eyes to try and get Floyd to actually fight ?

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF MMA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS HOW IT WILL BE FROM HERE ON IN!

GET USED TO IT!!!!!

PDF/DLH = Diego/Kos

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Get used to it.

Fighters like Hagler and Hearns still have to fight because they had and have no money. They were fighters first, business men second.

DLH and Mayweather aren't stupid, giving one another brain damage to appease a few people makes zero sense when the two guys are basically their own business.

The fight kept my attention. It wasn't a war but nobody said a good matching match had to be a bloody fight with endless knockdowns, multiple concussions, and broken noses.

So you're saying don't fight intelligently? Just eat the punches and luanch your own, disregard defensive skill? And the reward, well you probaly won't get any more money but you can look to brain damage and possible parkinsons. Sounds sweet to me.

I agree that PBF's style makes for boring fights for the most part. I liek guys liek Ward, Gatti, and even Pacquiao who go after their opponents trying to get a KO. Makes for very exciting fights even if they are getting beaten up liek Gatti vs PBF. But sadly they aren't making the millions they should due to their style, just too many risks involved.

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

All that build up and we got what?

The Calf Cruncher

Although I sympathize with arguments on both sides, not all (or enough) was put on the line by either fighter IMO. Good fight, but unfulfilling

they eliminated each otehrs strenths by neither of them doing shit...

Hearns, Hagler, Duran...hardly able to form sentences (assuming Duran is still alive or ever could...in english)

titties,

"Why blame Oscar? Mayweather is the one who talks so much and he didn't do shit iether. If you ignore that compubox bullshit, it was pretty even and both did very little."

I'll tell you why I blame Oscar. He was too cautious to risk going out, even if it would mean going out like a warrior. PBF also was willing to play it safe for a points win.

I also blame Oscar for not caring enough about the fans to ensure there was a FULL UNDERCARD OF KICK-ASS FIGHTS. That is inexcusable for the money we paid. Golden Boy Promotions and ODLH, in particular, is directly to blame for the abysmal quality of the final product. He was so god damned absorbed with his own image and mystique that he forgot about bringing the fans a quality event.

"Actually everyone but the whiny MMA bitches and people on this board seemed to enjoy it."

Wrong. Damn near every boxing fan I know considered THE WHOLE EVENT to be limp and disappointing.

"Sorry you don't understand technical boxing."

Anyone who's familiar with me on the UG knows that's not even close to being true.

alphabeta,

DLH is not a brawler. He has been criticized for not standing toe-to-toe. He doesn't believe that he ought to have brain damage to make spectators happy. I don't blame him. I like the brawling style but there's nothing greater than a technical fighter. Hence, the sweet "science."

Actually, Oscar used to be quite a slugger. Your point is misguided.

Also, can we dispense with the effete lie that "technical boxing" is about poking and running and staying away from danger? That's another lie.

"Maybe DLH and PBF should hang out with Gatti and Mickey Ward a little bit."

The same Gatti that got beat up by both?