Australian crowd the best crowd?

Re-watching the event, and it seems the Australian crowd has everything we like about other crowds all rolled into one:

- the oooohs and ahhhs of the Japanese crowds for position changes and nuances

- the chants of Brazilian crowds

- the energy and excitement for action of the US and Canadian crowds

Agree / disagree?   I say yes, best crowd.  Good on you Austrailia.

The Aussies would probably thank you for thanking them, very friendly bunch of peeps! Phone Post 3.0

As an Aussie I would say yes we are a pretty fucking sweet crowd but the US shouldn't sell themselves short. I reckon if you guys only got 1 or 2 events a year, then the crowd would be filled with hardcore knowledgeable fans that would do the same. As it stands you get a lot more shows than us. Phone Post 3.0

StumblesLamenard - As an Aussie I would say yes we are a pretty fucking sweet crowd but the US shouldn't sell themselves short. I reckon if you guys only got 1 or 2 events a year, then the crowd would be filled with hardcore knowledgeable fans that would do the same. As it stands you get a lot more shows than us. Phone Post 3.0
A second Aussie agrees with this statement Phone Post 3.0

StumblesLamenard - As an Aussie I would say yes we are a pretty fucking sweet crowd but the US shouldn't sell themselves short. I reckon if you guys only got 1 or 2 events a year, then the crowd would be filled with hardcore knowledgeable fans that would do the same. As it stands you get a lot more shows than us. Phone Post 3.0
Very very true. Yall appreciate it more. Not saying we don't, but its hard to deny alot of the people going just because its "cool". Got people booing ground game every 10 seconds, showing off whatever makes up girl they are with at the time, or whatever reason it be.

With 54 events next year, hoping Aussies have a good year Phone Post 3.0

As an Aussie I am very proud of the crowds we have had for UFC events so far. UFC 110 is still by far the best crowd I have ever experienced but the atmosphere for the Hunt vs Bigfoot fight is like nothing I have ever seen before. I can only imagine what it was like at the Rogers Centre for GSP vs Sheilds, but I think we can top it once we finally get the cage legalized in Victoria and put on a show for 56,000 people at Etihad Stadium.

[quote] I can only imagine what it was like at the Rogers Centre for GSP vs Sheilds[/quote]

I was there live, second row for GSP vs Shields.  The crowd was definitely loud at times (prob loudest for GSP entrance).  Was a great memory.  That said, I still feel the full completeness of the crowd personality couldn't match the Bigfoot/Hunt crowd.

OCMikey's Drunken Mistake - 

[quote] I can only imagine what it was like at the Rogers Centre for GSP vs Sheilds[/quote]

I was there live, second row for GSP vs Shields.  The crowd was definitely loud at times (prob loudest for GSP entrance).  Was a great memory.  That said, I still feel the full completeness of the crowd personality couldn't match the Bigfoot/Hunt crowd.

I think the peak of the crowd for Hunt vs Bigfoot was amazing, but overall that crowd can't touch UFC 110, the first event in Australia. That night (day) was special from the first time James Te Huna walked out for the first fight all the way through.

The other thing I find amazing out our Aussie crowds is the fights are on in the morning. There was more people lined up outside at 8am before the doors opened than people that went to the Rampage Bellator fight. To be so loud and invested in these fights at 10am when we had hardly started drinking yet is amazing.

When the realisation set on people that Mark was going to survive the mount at the end of the 4th (I think?), it was serious pandemonium in the stands, never witnessed anything like it Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth -

I think the peak of the crowd for Hunt vs Bigfoot was amazing, but overall that crowd can't touch UFC 110, the first event in Australia. That night (day) was special from the first time James Te Huna walked out for the first fight all the way through.

The other thing I find amazing out our Aussie crowds is the fights are on in the morning. There was more people lined up outside at 8am before the doors opened than people that went to the Rampage Bellator fight. To be so loud and invested in these fights at 10am when we had hardly started drinking yet is amazing.
Wasn't Tehunas first fight at ufc 127? Phone Post 3.0

Good Sir - The Aussies would probably thank you for thanking them, very friendly bunch of peeps! Phone Post 3.0
Its true as an aussie i say thank you!
I was in the front row and still haven't got my voice back...
Great day, great fights, great crowd
Epic experience! Phone Post 3.0

I was one of only 7000 or so at Nottingham. It was a roaring crowd. Really active the whole night but another level for the dan hardy fight Phone Post 3.0

Man this is a nice thread! I completely agree, the crowd was definitely electric! Thanks to the guys giving inside perspective.  You could tell how everytime when it seemed like Hunt might have been ready to go down, he would just start swinging heavy again, the crowd would just erupt!

I definitely agree, to make the night special, the crowd has got to be crazy too. And the Aussie crowd was definitely up there with all the great crowds.

and I also agree that we shouldnt sell ourselves short because we too have some great crowds.

but why  is it that the US has no song?? Every other crowd I can think of has songs. The British have songs and chants. Aussie Aussie Aussie! Brazil invented chants. Why can't the US have one lousy song??

But what a night of incredible fighters.

The UFC would do well to realize that amongst his peers, the rabid fan base is real.

This one is truly exceptional.

I didn't get to attend but wow the crowd was awesome. I love it when the crowd is silent so you can hear when the shots are landing. Felt like the Pride days. Phone Post 3.0

It was great how they cheered the guys going against their own countrymen. Very respectful.

Why was that one ref getting booed nonstop? Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth - As an Aussie I am very proud of the crowds we have had for UFC events so far. UFC 110 is still by far the best crowd I have ever experienced but the atmosphere for the Hunt vs Bigfoot fight is like nothing I have ever seen before. I can only imagine what it was like at the Rogers Centre for GSP vs Sheilds, but I think we can top it once we finally get the cage legalized in Victoria and put on a show for 56,000 people at Etihad Stadium.
Here, here! A stadium event in Melbourne would be awesome. Phone Post 3.0

The crowd during Hunt vs Bigfoot was unlike anything I've been a part of. I literally lost my voice shouting at the too if my lungs during that fight, along with everyone else.

Amazing experience. I won't forget it anytime soon. Phone Post 3.0

It's a shame that the cage is banned and Vic as it would be much bigger and louder there than what it was in Brissy. A UFC event in Melbourne would be HUGE Phone Post 3.0

JBASS - It's a shame that the cage is banned and Vic as it would be much bigger and louder there than what it was in Brissy. A UFC event in Melbourne would be HUGE Phone Post 3.0
Banned in vic** Phone Post 3.0

Snooty - 
UGCTT_Teila_Tuli's_Tooth -

Wasn't Tehunas first fight at ufc 127? Phone Post 3.0

His first fight in the UFC was the opening fight of UFC 110 against Igor Pokrajac. He came from behind to get the KO late in the 3rd round. From the moment of his entrance to the end of the show the crowd was insane.