bad feeling about randy-vitor

It's not really fair to get down on Vitor for getting married close to the fight.

During the press confrence after his fight with Eastman, Vitor announced that he was getting married, and that they already had set the date.

This was before he had ANY idea that he would be fighting Coutore for the UFC championship, or when that fight would take place. He just went ahead with his wedding as planned.

The fact that he postponed his honeymoon until after the fight proves he is serious about his training, as I assume his new wife was not exctly happy about it.

Tough fight to call. If Vitor can manage to open Randy up with a knee early, it's over.

I picture Coutore fighting much more defensively this time around. If Randy can keep from being put in a bad position or from really being damaged (cut or rocked), he wins again.

One more thing, I get a different vibe from Vitor now. Back when he fought Chuck, I predicted (as did so many others) that Chuck would win.

But I think if the Vitor who fought Eastman were to fight Chuck right now, Chuck would get beaten, badly.

Vitor seems like a different fighter now. (but then again, so does Chuck)

when chuck/randy was announced i called these next 3 fights.

I said randy would beat chuck and tito and then lose to vitor.

I got 4 predictions in that staement correct so far. Lets see if the last one holds up.

Vitor's wife is very supportive of his fight career, and I am sure she wants to do nothing to damage his chances of winning.

She has a strong tool she can use in his favor.

Deny the man sex and tell him that he gets none until he beats Randy up.

I don't think there are many men in the world who would not be driven like mad to win that fight, especially with that kind of motivation.

It's hard to feel "sure" about most fights picks. Style matchups always have suprises even with the most astute analysis (remember many of us thinking Couture would get hurt by Chuck?). But there are a handful of fighters that I NEVER worry about being prepared, mentally out of sorts, stupid in their tactics, or generally lacking the Eye of the Tiger.

Randy Couture, Floyd Mayweather, Matt Hughes, Evander Holyfield are those guys. And Randy should be ready for Vitor.