Barnett: 'Strikeforce has a better heavyweight div

dbl

nobones, you lost when you started crowing about Cain beating Nog.    I stopped reading at that point.

BABY TITTIES

It's hard to say. Strikeforce has the more established Hw's while the UFC has a lot of Hw's brimming with potential.

SF: Barnett, Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Bigfoot, Arlovski

UFC: Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, Nog, Cain, JDS

Fights between the two that have happened: 

Strikeforce > UFC : Barnett def Nog, Fedor def Nog (x2)

UFC > Strikeforce: Nog def Barnett, JDS def Werdum

Strikeforce vs Stikefore: Werdum def Fedor, Bigfoot def Arlovski, Arlovski def Werdum

UFC vs UFC: Lesnar def Carwin and Mir, Carwin def Mir, Mir def Lesnar, Cain def Nog

It's really a toss up. They both have deep and interesting divisions, HW MMA is full steam right now! 

Darup - Myabe Strikeforce would have the better heavies if it was 2006, but in 2010 the SF HWT division looks like a senior circuit. UFC has guys that were good in 2006 also like Nog and Cro Cop and they get beat up in the UFC.

lol I think you are largely correct. There might be an exception or two, but....

nobones - 
rockwell - 
nobones - 
rockwell - Hahaha he's made himself look like a right plum.

"right the plum"? Something tells me you aren't from the US? In the US we do try and READ posts before howling with laughter.

Of course liquidrob is the exception. He never quite learned how to read.

Yeah righto mate whatever you say. In the US the level of literacy is the same as the UK so apparently in the US you don't read any better than us Brits. Never mind I'm not gonna argue against a whole and diverse nation just because of one fuckwit (that's you in case you didn't understand).

So how are they LEGIT top 20 HW (as you wrote) except from 3 of them aren't as that would make it a top 23?

Oh and since you are now adding Barnett as a top 20 HW that makes 24 so 4 of your original LEGIT top 20 HW fighters aren't on the list now.

You are weak as piss bro.

You still can't read I can see. I had three lists idiot, fighters in the UFC that could claim to be top ten or top twenty fighters, fighters in SF that could make the same claims. There were only 8 fighters on SF's WHOLE ROSTER that could claim to be a top 10 or top 20 fighter that was the point idiot. If SF HW roster was stronger than the UFC HW roster they should have had more fighters than the UFC that could claim to be top 10 or top 20. The max would be 40 fighters total if both rosters were fully stacked and equally strong.

Then I made another list of top twenty but I just broke them up into two groups, top 10 and top 20 instead of trying to rank each individual fighter which is impossible to do with any degree of objectivity.

Nice dicktuck idiot. There is no way you can have 23 LEGIT fighters for a top 20 you fucking mong. Seriously grow a braincell.

If you've got 23 then clearly 3 of them aren't legit are they you fucking wingnut.

"Hey guys of got 3 pints of beer and I'm gonna pour it ALL into this 2 pint glass"
"That's not possible it won't fit"
"Yes it will you idiot learn to read"

Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, Cain, Brock, Werdum. That's my standing if there was a SF V UFC HW.

I also disagree RE, UFC is better off due to greater No. of mid tier HW's...SF has 5 or 6 top level fighters in the HW division and that is enough to create amazing match-ups of a high calibre.

The UFC's HW division is based on hype. It is one giant gas bubble of hypeness that will burst.

Dennis Schurg -  It's hard to say. Strikeforce has the more established Hw's while the UFC has a lot of Hw's brimming with potential.

SF: Barnett, Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Bigfoot, Arlovski

UFC: Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, Nog, Cain, JDS

Fights between the two that have happened: 

Strikeforce > UFC : Barnett def Nog, Fedor def Nog (x2)

UFC > Strikeforce: Nog def Barnett, JDS def Werdum

Strikeforce vs Stikefore: Werdum def Fedor, Bigfoot def Arlovski, Arlovski def Werdum

UFC vs UFC: Lesnar def Carwin and Mir, Carwin def Mir, Mir def Lesnar, Cain def Nog

It's really a toss up. They both have deep and interesting divisions, HW MMA is full steam right now! 

In your Strikeforce>UFC list you forgot:

Arlovski beating
Nelson (who he KO'd better than JDS could do),
Rothwell

So, im reading through all these posts and inclusions of Roy Nelson made me rewatch his dos santos fight. Maybe I'm wrong, but both of them sort of looked like crap. Carwin Brock...was also sort of crap. Carwin gassed in a round and Brock turtled for a round, not exactly impressive....

Overeem dismantled Rogers...but that was rogers.

Werdum beats Fedor in a way that was either a demonstration of suprising tactical skill, or Fedor being dumb and Werdum identifying an oppurtunity and taking it.

Mir has looked like shit for months.

I think if you threw some combination of those guys into a round robin you'd end up with a pretty random bunch of wins and losses. Any given day i think most of them have a shot...
except rogers and mir. or crocop or arlovski or nog, because there past prime and tons of fun to watch NOT fight for the title.

I just want to see Fedor & Overeem in the UFC!

And I think Overeem could do pretty well.

I'm not to sure about how Fedor would do.

WALES1 - I just want to see Fedor & Overeem in the UFC!

I want to see guys like Brock, Cain, JDS and Carwin outside the UFC.

That way we can see them fight against guys who haven't  been brought up through the ranks of an isolated promotion. Then we can see how they do against guys without artificially inflated records.

Why would they want to fight outside the biggest company in the world?

The biggest fights are in the UFC. Based on their record, you could say 4 of the top 5 HWs are are Brock, JDS, Cain and Carwin.

Fedor would never of left PRIDE if it was still around and he fought a number of cans while he was there.

And I don't buy that they "artificially inflated records"

JDS made him name by KO the guy who just beat Fedor.

PRIDE had the best HWs in the world when he was there.

Does DREAM have that now? No.

WALES1 - Why would they want to fight outside the biggest company in the world?

The biggest fights are in the UFC. Based on their record, you could say 4 of the top 5 HWs are are Brock, JDS, Cain and Carwin.

Fedor would never of left PRIDE if it was still around and he fought a number of cans while he was there.
They could fight the guys who Zuffa refuses to acknowledge that why.

All Strikeforce fighters can fight anywhere.

No UFC fighters can fight ANYWHERE ELSE.

And no one who is not under UFC contract can fight in the UFC.

Dana tried to do this shit with Pride and then his poster boy got KTFO.

So Dana prefers HIS fighters to fight in his organisation only so he can control who gets the hype and try to discredit any of the top guys who aren't under his control.

I respect Fedor more for not being a Zuffa puppet. Maybe Dana would be open to the idea of letting Fedor fight Brock WITHOUT the Championship clause.......? NOT A FUCKING CHANCE IN HELL!

WALES1 - And I don't buy that they "artificially inflated records"

JDS made him name by KO the guy who just beat Fedor.

Cain Velasquez

2-0 pre-Ufc

6-0 UFC

JDS

6-1 pre-UFC

6-0 UFC

What does this information tell you?

That neither of the so called young guns of the UFC have performed any worse since entering the so called "big leagues" and fighting the so called "elite level" of fighters that you UFC fanboys claim exists.

In fact JDS has a BETTER record against these "top level fighters".

So basically either the UFC is not some mystical higher level of MMA OR these guys have artificially inflated records (ie. Zuffa sells lesser fighters than their so called "Elite" to pad records and create hype trains)

WALES1 - PRIDE had the best HWs in the world when he was there.

Does DREAM have that now? No.

Dream can use any heavyweight they want (except UFC Heavies with their binding exclusive contracts) as long as they can afford them.

rockwell - 
WALES1 - I just want to see Fedor & Overeem in the UFC!

I want to see guys like Brock, Cain, JDS and Carwin outside the UFC.

That way we can see them fight against guys who haven't  been brought up through the ranks of an isolated promotion. Then we can see how they do against guys without artificially inflated records.

yes because JOsh Barnett, Fedor, and Overeem have faced top of the line competition in the past year.

I'll give the UFC the edge as their top heavyweights actually fight eachother.

rockwell - 
WALES1 - Why would they want to fight outside the biggest company in the world?

They could fight the guys who Zuffa refuses to acknowledge that why.
All Strikeforce fighters can fight anywhere.
No UFC fighters can fight ANYWHERE ELSE.
And no one who is not under UFC contract can fight in the UFC.

Dana tried to do this shit with Pride and then his poster boy got KTFO.
So Dana prefers HIS fighters to fight in his organisation only so he can control who gets the hype and try to discredit any of the top guys who aren't under his control.

I respect Fedor more for not being a Zuffa puppet. Maybe Dana would be open to the idea of letting Fedor fight Brock WITHOUT the Championship clause.......? NOT A FUCKING CHANCE IN HELL!

Chuck didn't get KTFO.......

Dana did try to talent trade with PRIDE - PRIDE double crossed the UFC.

And who are the top rated talent that Fedor, Overeem and Barnett have faced in the last year?