Baroni Suspension Reduced

Late last night the Department of Athletics for the Mohegan Sun reduced Phil Baroni's suspension a year to 3 months. Talks are already underway between Baroni and Zuffa to put him on the card for UFC 48.Remember where you heard it first...InsideFighting.comI just spoke to Baroni 10 minutes ago and his reaction to the news will be up on the site shortly.

Good for him, lets feed him Tanner again but this time BJM will do the reffin.

Fucking A Right.

I'll have $30 for the PPV or the money for a plane ticket and a hotel whenever Baroni's fighting.

Congrats Phil!

ttt

He has lots to say. Check back often for Baroni's words on the subject.

Hell yeah thats great news

when baroni & tanner fight again i hope the odds aren't too much in favor of baroni.

im gonna put some money on him & win

So he is 3-3 in the UFC, get suspended for striking a ref, after losing his last fight, and now as soon as he is cleared will be back in UFC 48. I guess his antic really do work.

Great News!!!!!!!!

We love Baroni, here in the Carolinas...........

4 months?!! What a bunch of crap.

Hit a UFC ref = miss two events. That's a stiff penalty. Lol!

I smell a rematch at UFC 48.

"So he is 3-3 in the UFC, get suspended for striking a ref, after losing his last fight, and now as soon as he is cleared will be back in UFC 48. I guess his antic really do work."

Well, Carlos Newton is 3-4 in the UFC, but apparently his "antics" work for him as well.

He was suspended.

In the meantime, Lindland has beaten Baroni twice, and he can't get a deal signed with the UFC.

WTF are they thinking over there?

Did Larry make any statements in favor of Phil during the hearings?
Just curious.

Thanks, Frankie!

There's one name missing from your list...Tito Ortiz. He wants to fight at UFC 48. He talks about it in Part 2 of our interview, which will be up soon.

BTW, Chuck Liddell's training day feature will be up soon too.

"That people might pay to watch Baroni KO people, but won't to watch Lindland leghump them...?"

I thought Zuffa wanted to make this a sport?

In legit sports, winning matters.

Damn Mike , you guys got the scoop on yet another one ! Good job !!!

I think it is pretty pathetic. He probably apologized and bs them and now he is in the clear. What happens the next time he acts like an ass. I agree with Robin Paterson

A fighter punches a referee multiple times and his sentence gets reduced from 12 months to 4 months because he appealled?

This says a lot about the credibility of the Mohegan Sun Athletic Commission, did ZUFFA bring some pretty beads to the appeal with them?

Obviously somebody made them an offer they couldnt refuse.

Condoning violence against referees can only be good for our sport. The mainstream will love this.