BB in 3 yrs with privates???

^^^ What??? ^^^

It is clearly documented that he trained bot with Carlos and Helio and has been awarded the 8th degree.

Chango

that was a joke.

How did he get to be 8th Degree???

Someone (Carlos,Helio,Carlson, etc.) Had to approve that!

you don't just tie on(and have recognized)8th degree without ALOT of public outrage, which there doesn't seem to be.

I've been involved in BJJ for about 3 years. I've gone to seminars and follow grappling and mma competitions. I NEVER heard of Reylson until a few weeks ago when a friend mentioned/asked about him.

If he is a pariah, scammer, schemer and hated by all Gracies and illegitemate, wouldn't there be alot more out there on him ala Simco??? Wouldn't BJJ.org (or OTM, or whatever they are now) remove him from the 8th Degree list???

Chango

^ Unlike Simco, Reylson is an "insider". He is blood realtives to the many of the world's most famous BJJ players. My guess would be most of the other Gracies don't want to openly "slam" him for that very reason.

From what I understand, Reylson IS "legit" as far as his knowledge. (I'm not sure the exact criteria for an 8th degree BB, but it doesn't sound unreasonable).He just "sold-out" many years ago.

Reylson, from all reports though, decided he cared ONLY about making money from BJJ & nothing else. He doesn't care about producing "good" BJJ players or passing on the best of his family's tradition.

So he is not exactly in the same category as someone who ties on a Black Belt with little or no knowledge of BJJ.He just decided to "pawn" his reputation for whatever cash he could get for it, which in turn has ruined his reputation & legacy.

I trained with a Reylson brown and black belt in Charleston once. I thought they were both pretty legit and they were both nice. Had a good time there.

For those of you who havent seen the letter, it can be found here:

http://tribes.tribe.net/badmartialartsschools/thread/0e109c76-c56e-4634-bfa5-6a03bf9a75bf

Reylson Gracie webpage: http://www.reylsongracie.com/

Maybe they were "Relson". I don't remember but those Charleston cats are cool.

CJJScout - Maybe they were "Relson".

My thoughts exactly.