Belfort´s sister disapeared...

Some of you guys really need to get some stuff straight. Who cares about the fight when this stuff's going on? Vitor has bigger things than Randy to worry about.

Some of you guys need to get your priorities straight. No way does fighting come before the well-being of his sister.

I really hope this is bullshit.

His sister is the only important thing right now, Fuck the fight fights can be rescheduled. A fight does not compare to the well being of a loved one and anyone who thinks differently is a complete asshole

wow, that is very unfortunate... but at the sametime, i am sure his sister would want him to fullfill his goals... he should use that and jesus for extra power against randy......

remember arnold in pumping iron... when his mom called and told him his father died.... and he still had his competition....???

he said "there's nothing I can do for him right now...." he still competed and won.....

with that said... my prayers go out for him and his family....

and i speak like this, not because i purchased my plane ticket, and ufc ticket, and am staying at the mandalay bay.....

but.... he needs to keep training.. and stay focused.. and conquer his goals... and not take any backsteps...

He doesn't need to do anything you say. Family first, PERIOD. Money isn't important right now, all that is important is his sister's well being. Kidnappings usually have a poor outcome if the person is not found quickly. You don't just carry on your day to day activities when your sister has been kidnapped. Some people on here are just retarded. Who cares what Arnold did in Pumping Iron. What a joke. AND A DEATH IS SO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN A KIDNAPPING.
Vitor needs to focus on finding his sister right now, and aiding the police and whoever else in WHATEVER way possible. Randy is probably the last thing on his mind.

God bless and we pray for her safe return.

Damn this sucks.. Hope she comes home safe.

"Some of you guys really need to get some stuff straight. Who cares about the fight when this stuff's going on? Vitor has bigger things than Randy to worry about"

Why are you suggesting that we are demanding that Vitor not worry about this and fight to please us? Its entirely possible that Vitor will decide to fight for his own reasons. Ian Freeman chose to fight Mir instead of being with his terminally ill father, just for instance. If Vitor can't personally do anything to locate her, then he might as well train. It will keep him from brooding about it

Let's let Vitor decide what is best for Vitor.

Some of you are retarded (those who want him to fight with this up in the air). Vitor has a lot of police contacts (his new gym is at a Sao Paulo Police station/academy). I wouldn't be surprised if Vitor isn't rolling with some friends armed to the tilt chasing down leads. I'll bet Coture is praying for her safe return. Those of you worrying about the fight are what give this sport and our human race a bad name.

All MMA fans in Brasil should be doing anything possible to locate her. If a pick could be put on this site for people to keep their eyes open.

"but.... he needs to keep training.. and stay focused.. and conquer his goals... and not take any backsteps"

LMAO. What a stupid statement. I dont know about you but if my sister disappeared I would only be "focused" on one thing and my only goal would be finding her.

"Those of you worrying about the fight are what give this sport and our human race a bad name."

I have no doubt everyone hopes his sister turns up safe and sound. But this is an MMA forum and people here want to talk about MMA, and want to see MMA. While obviously no one would be so callous as to, say, go up to him and ask him if he could please just put this out of his head and go on with the fight, we all were dying to see him fight Randy at the next UFC and it's only natural to be (selfishly) disappointed at this turn of events.

"remember arnold in pumping iron... when his mom called and told him his father died.... and he still had his competition....???

he said "there's nothing I can do for him right now...." he still competed and won....."

Just to clear this up, Arnold admitted on the 25th anniversary DVD of Pumping Iron that that story he told was complete bullshit. He heard somebody else use that story years prior and was just trying to make himself seem immortal.

hope she is found safe

If it is true, I pray for her safe return

Am I the only person who thinks this has happened because Vitor is fighting? I know it's not boxing but there can still be big money riding on something like this.

This is a terrible thing to happen to anybody, I hope she returns safely soon.

I hope she gets back home! :(

How old is she?

****Has anyone checked any news websites from Brazil? I checked a couple while searching for "Vitor Belfort" and "Belfort" and found nothing, and this was supposed to have happened a day ago?? hmmm... ****
http://exclusivo.terra.com.br/interna/0,,OI250870-EI1118,00.html

Whoever did this should be putting in the cage with Vitor without a ref.