Belfort: TRT makes it a fair match for me

Why don't you have normal levels Vitor? Phone Post 3.0

In any other sport if a past it athlete took PEDs to remain competitive because he no longer could compete with younger guys naturally he would rightly be considered a cheat.

Its ludicrous then when that athlete's body is past it because of years of prior steroid abuse

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - As always, the assumption that Vitor is cheating and jacking his levels up higher than normal makes no sense in light of the fact that someone who wanted to cheat would be WAY better off avoiding the whole TRT TUE process, since then they wouldn't ever have to take a blood test.

Even IF he is onpy bringing his "levels" to "normal" (bullshit term) there are many who feel that is cheating when talking about known steroid abusers.

Lets not pretend Vitor is you average middle aged man who is suffering from NATURAL testosterone loss. Phone Post

Doing something legal now doesn't make you a cheater just because you cheated in the past.

Vitor is older than many of the other guys on TRT who don't get any shit over it like Rampage and Mir. If they are "suffering from NATURAL testosterone loss" then it's entirely possible he is as well, and there is no way of knowing if that's the case or if it was his past steroid use that caused it.

Underground Blog -

Belfort: TRT makes it a fair match for me

Vitor Belfort has openly admitted to prescribing to testosterone replacement therapy and the media and fans are split on whether or not it should be allowed. However, Belfort believes it only evens the playing field:

The TRT, the shot just gets you level in the system. So, the bottom line my level is always lower than a regular guy. I never go [over] the limit, the level. So, what I'm trying to do, I'm just trying to be fair in my career against my opponent. The TRT is just something my body cannot produce. I'm doing the treatment with doctors, with bloodwork, so everything's pretty black and white. But, all of guys are out there doing a lot of stuff but they don't get caught because they don't have blood.

transcription by BloodyElbow.com...

<div style="clear: left; line-height: 1px;height: 1px;">&nbsp;</div></blockquote>

He's clearly taking a shot at Leben by saying other fighters don't have blood seeing Leben is the only zombie in the middleweight division 0_o Phone Post

gokudamus stole my name iv - "More people should use steroids IMO."

Don't worry, your favorite fighters most likely do.

What I dont understand is why declining testosterone is seen as a valid excuse for a professional athlete to dope - natural or not.

In every sport in the world, athletes eventually go past their prime in their 30s and can no longer compete at a high level.

Those that decide to take PEDs to stay up there generally get done for cheating.

Maybe a better question is why shouldn't athletes be able to use medically approved TRT to get their testosterone to normal levels just like regular joes can?

Who cares what stone age thinking other sports are wrapped up in?

SKARHEAD - I think Vitor should just stop answering all questions regarding TRT. He's already answered far more than enough questions about it and he has been for awhile now.

Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, and Quinton Jackson, among others, are on TRT and they didn't receive 1/100th of the BS and hate Vitor has....Vitor isn't doing anything wrong, illegal or hidden. He doesn't really owe anybody anything at this point.

And bottom like TRT doesn't win fights. MMA has a looooooong history of fighters here were illegally juicing out of their minds and still losing fights. Shit, Vitor was juicing hard for years and losing fights all the time.

People are just jealous that they aren't born with Vitor's genetics and talent. Most men could walk into the octagon w/ all the world class elite coaching/ training, ten needles hanging out of their ass, and a gun in each hand and Vitor would still kick the ever living sh!t out of them.
This and VTFU! Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus stole my name iv - Maybe a better question is why shouldn't athletes be able to use medically approved TRT to get their testosterone to normal levels just like regular joes can?

Who cares what stone age thinking other sports are wrapped up in?
Probably because regular joes don't make a living off of direct athletic competition with one another. Phone Post 3.0

And? Because they make a living off their physical abilities, they should be required to be at a physical disadvantage to a regular joe?

Athletes with deficiencies in any other area are able to use approved medical treatment to bring them back to normal, why should testosterone be any different?

Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, and Quinton Jackson, among others, are on TRT and they didn't receive 1/100th of the BS and hate Vitor has

Vitor has been busted for straight-up juicing in the past. In light of that, I think it's appropriate for him to be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny.

....Vitor isn't doing anything wrong, illegal or hidden. He doesn't really owe anybody anything at this point.

And bottom like TRT doesn't win fights. MMA has a looooooong history of fighters here were illegally juicing out of their minds and still losing fights. Shit, Vitor was juicing hard for years and losing fights all the time.

Agreed with all of this.

If Vitor is doing legit TRT, then there's no issue. If he's juicing and using TRT to cover it, well...that would be an issue, but that's also what the blood tests are supposed to prevent.

Athletes with deficiencies in any other area are able to use approved medical treatment to bring them back to normal, why should testosterone be any different?

That's really the heart of the issue.

Nobody would tell a diabetic fighter that he's not allowed to stabilize his blood sugar. Nobody would tell a fighter with a blown knee that he can't get it repaired, because it might end up better than a normal knee. And yet, here are a shit-ton of us saying that a fighter in his mid 30s can't fix his too-low-for-a-man-in-his-mid-30s testosterone level.

In Vitor's specific case, I understand why - it's because he juiced before, and it does seem unfair that after breaking his body by cheating, he gets to fix it by doing the same thing that broke it. I get that. It just feels unfair. But if we can think about it rationally and not emotionally, it becomes clear that this is not cheating.

Vitor used to juice - in other words, he used to be a guy with normal test levels who added steroids to his system to get to supraphysiological levels of hormonel.

Doing this broke his body. Now he can't produce test on his own anymore.

TRT is now putting him not at supraphysiological levels, but at (presumably high) normal levels. According to your friendly neighborhood endocrinologist, "normal" covers a range between 300 and 900 mg/dl. Presumably, "normal" for a guy who has always been athletic is going to be close to the top end of this range.

So, when Hendo suffers from low test after a lifetime of head trauma and cutting weight (both things that are hard on your hormone production), nobody minds him being on TRT because his body just wore down in the course of doing his job.

When Vitor does it, we find it objectionable because he broke his body by cheating.

Again, it feels wrong, but really, it's not. The punishment for being caught juicing is a fine and a suspension. The punishment is not "you're not allowed to fix your body".

Maybe one day it will be.

So his opponents wear their bodies and testosterone levels down through training camp by working hard which limits their abilities to sustain a steady high level though out camp and Vitor gets to keep his levels even at a normal level regardless of how hard he is training? How does that sound fair to anybody?

Everyone else has to suffer through testosterone depletion to train hard and this cheat fuck has his regulated at a steady level through out his camp. Means he can train harder longer and without many of the side effects that are associated with doing so.

Dude needs to give his head a shake and anyone that agrees with him can do so also.

gokudamus stole my name iv - As always, the assumption that Vitor is cheating and jacking his levels up higher than normal makes no sense in light of the fact that someone who wanted to cheat would be WAY better off avoiding the whole TRT TUE process, since then they wouldn't ever have to take a blood test.
Wrong Phone Post 3.0

"Again, it feels wrong, but really, it's not. The punishment for being caught juicing is a fine and a suspension. The punishment is not "you're not allowed to fix your body"."

EXACTLY.

"Everyone else has to suffer through testosterone depletion to train hard and this cheat fuck has his regulated at a steady level through out his camp. Means he can train harder longer and without many of the side effects that are associated with doing so."

Do you have any proof that the normal testosterone depletion through a training camp is enough to noticeably affect performance compared to someone who artificially keeps his levels steady?

People keep acting like the difference between 400 and 600 or whatever is some night and day difference in speed and strength and endurance, do you have any evidence of this whatsoever?

Jack Carter - 
Wrong Phone Post 3.0

Please elaborate.

Vitor took steroids. Vitor tested positive in 2006. Vitor's level are off because of his usage in the past. Doctors have since fixed Vitor's T levels and brought them back to what they once were before he started cheating.

How anyone compares this to Randy or any other fighter is beyond me. Phone Post 3.0

" It seems like if they banned TRT completely, it'd serve as a great deterrent to the next generation in regards to PED usage, because they know they will not get a "get out of jail free" card when they're older."

If banning roids in the first place is not a deterrent for people who want to cheat, why would banning TRT be a deterrent?

What is stopping Vitor or anyone else from just continuing to roid as much as they want? A post-fight urine test?

"shouldn't it be that dealing with low T as a result of your past steroid use is the price you pay for it?"

Yes, just like athletes with diabetes resulting from poor dietary habits in the past should not be able to use insulin, and athletes with injuries and issues resulting from overtraining should not be able to have those problems treated.

"Vitor's level are off because of his usage in the past. "

Do you have reason to believe that Vitor's previous steroid use is what is hurting his levels now, as opposed to the normal wear and tear of age and effects of weightcutting and blows to the head as is supposedly the case for the other athletes on TRT? He's older than most of them and has been fighting longer than any of them.

gokudamus stole my name iv - As always, the assumption that Vitor is cheating and jacking his levels up higher than normal makes no sense in light of the fact that someone who wanted to cheat would be WAY better off avoiding the whole TRT TUE process, since then they wouldn't ever have to take a blood test.

Depends on the substance. With testosterone, no way

Its much easier to manipulate blood levels wich arent even that accurate in the first place than to beat the test/epitest ratio or carbon isotope test

Then why does WADA etc use blood tests rather than urine tests?

How is it easier to pass a blood test in camp that actually measures your testosterone than it is to pass a piss test after the fight?