Bellator Benson 285 Friday

I go from “working” to working when that happens lol

2 Likes

lol

when Dayana got the takedown, why she try to improve position immediately? what happened to viciously grinding your opponent out in hip-ride, like Igor Vov used to?

then go for the submission when they just want to die to make it stop

1 Like

I missed that and most of the fight but VU anyways for any Igor V reference

lol nice one. Vov is a legend.

must admit, an article about alleged cheating in a chess match distracted my attention from the later rounds of this one. chess lol

1 Like

Romero about to bang

shit

didnt realize Mel’s last fight :frowning:

I’m waiting for a full explanation from Magnus on that one too lol

But time for some true Veterans and Warriors in Yoel vs Manhoef!

Huge fan of both but have to root for Melvin being the underdog and he’s a big one at +500… hopefully they both go out looking good somehow

1 Like

mike tyson vs mike tyson
Excited Lets Go GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

2 Likes

why did the commentator say ‘only 15 men have beaten him!!!’ [Melvin]

what kind of fucking sentence is that?

3 Likes

Yeah that stuck out and bothered me too… Like maybe talk about how he has 2 simultaneous careers in MMA and Kickboxing and has KO’d over 50 people himself… but nope dummy says that lol

2 Likes

jesus xD nice kick

stand em up ref, fuck it

2 Likes

romero somehow remembered how to wrestle :smiley:

3 Likes

thank god he didn’t catch the keylock. fuck me that would have been an anticlimax

2 Likes

Not looking good for Melvin… Yoel didn’t even need the takedown to get him down and kicked him off his feet. Then his Base when he uses it is solid as a boulder

2 Likes

Yoels 46 is different than all the other 45+ yr plus old fighters…

Especially a guy like Manhoef who has been Kickboxing and has been on both ends of KO’s for decades whereas Yoel has only been finished once and spent the majority time grappling without strikes.

1 Like

This is about as exciting as Nganou-Lewis was

haha

Melvin appears mind-fucked compared to his confident former self

Yeah both are pretty gun-shy here and aware of the others power making for a slow fight. But Melvin more so

1 Like