Bellator. Fedor + former fighters had a vibe from "The Wrestler " How much were the bloated former fighters paid to attend?

How much were these guys paid to show up and come into the cage ?

Dude, I disagree. Maybe not perfect, but the vibe was right. It definitely felt meaningful and sincere to me.

4 Likes

Me too.

Ok truly glad to hear this, maybe from that point of view I should consider that possibly I was distracted.

Also I feel like we have seen this all before or been hearing about his last fight for years.

The Coleman moments warmed me up a bit and almost sold me.

Royce (and I was not even sure who he was) looked out of place like a guy paid to show up for an autograph signing or a celebrity special guest.

But no good to hear that maybe some of it was me also working on other things while it was going on.

It went like I expected. I just shook my head . The other champions entering the cage was pretty cool but didn’t make the fight any better .

Herve Villechaize did when he retired

Probably more than the UFC paid their prelim guys

2 Likes

It crossed my mind what an indicator of UFC conditions as an organization that so many of these guys are spending time around Bellator events, including picking up a little work.

Frankly I find most of MMA a joke when it comes to pay rates especially the UFC.

1 Like

hey clown…a bunch of legends
said bye to a fellow legend

its called respect

learn what it means

2 Likes

Clearly you have low standards.

Society needs low brow people as well.

Carry on tiger.

Lol you don’t believe in showing much due respect to someone who has always shown ultimate respect to his opponents? Nah I’ll give respect when respect is due.

Not sure if asking me or not.

I am saying I felt it could have been done in a better way.

Also would like to know how many of those legends showing respect were just showing up for a payday.

On another thread it stated Fedor received $100,000 for this fight.

If that is true I guess I can end this thread and discussion here because that is what the event looked like. If that is all the money Fedor gets then he should have said farewell many years ago.

1 Like

I thought it was awesome. Boxing, for all its many flaws, does a great job of honoring its former champions and legends. MMA as a whole needs to be better now that we are officially past generation 1. Coker does a good job of this. The UFC HOF is a joke.

3 Likes

Another vote or mention that my impression could be wrong.

I want to be wrong on this subject.

Many of those bloated bastards that climbed into that cage did more than entertain me for many years but also kept the imagination flowing.

I do think there was a definite bittersweet sadness to it. It was the end of an era for sure. These former bamfs definitely looked a little worse than my minds eye wanted to believe. It would have been better to put them in suits or something but when is the last time you saw Henderson in a suit and tie? Didn’t really seem to match the atmosphere.

How do you feel about the way UFC handled Shoguns retirement in comparison to Fedor?

We’re you expecting Fedor to be carried out like Rudy and fireworks? He got a farewell from some of the biggest legends and pioneers of the sport. One of the best fighters of all time got to go out on his shield. It was probably a more memorable night for him than some of his biggest wins

1 Like

What a dimwitted asshole. Points made = 0, no matter how terrible they were/are.

1 Like

What a terrible, cringe thread

You would expect better from a so called older account

2 Likes