Bellator Pulls 737k viewers

Bellator pulls 737k viewers and fails to make the top 100 cable programs on thursday night for a third time.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/22/thursday-cable-ratings-swamp-people-wins-night-archer-suits-impractical-jokersking-of-the-nerds-project-runway-more/170463/

This number indicates that so far spike has failed to build any stars.  Mo Lawal pulled baseline numbers... pretty much the same numbers as no names. 

What were the numbers for all the cards on spike so far?

Negative overtone is negative

It depends on what Viacom's end game is. Are they willing to tolerate such low numbers for years before they start developing viable stars? If not, Bellator might just end up like Affliction or the IFL.

Could also be its on too late for a Thursday night. 8-10 would be better. Phone Post

MMALogic is right. Viacom can't be happy Phone Post

(Pancake syrup)

the debut got around 940k,  then dropped to around 820k for the second episode and kept dropping to where it has now settled at around 730k,

last week they saw their lowest target demo ratings.

730k isnt necessarily a game over number... but they are using their best lead in (tna) to get those numbers which are at best just treading water.  if they didnt have the lead in, bellator wouldnt even pull 500k viewers which means spike wouldnt even be able to keep it on primetime.

BRZ - Could also be its on too late for a Thursday night. 8-10 would be better. Phone Post

This, staying up to midnight on a work night is hard (im getting old) Phone Post

I watch the prelims then stream the show. I'm on the westcoast and can't handle not watching it live. Maybe that accounts for something?

BRZ - 

Could also be its on too late for a Thursday night. 8-10 would be better. Phone Post

F*cking this. I need a good reason to stay up to midnight on a weekday just to watch Bellator. I am such a shitty sleeper it would take 2-3 days just to get back to normal for a couple extra hours up. 8-10 is perfect

They need more names/stars. Phone Post

MMALOGIC - 

(Pancake syrup)

the debut got around 940k,  then dropped to around 820k for the second episode and kept dropping to where it has now settled at around 730k,

730k isnt necessarily a game over number... but they are using their best lead in (tna) to get those numbers which are at best just treading water.  if they didnt have the lead in, bellator wouldnt even pull 500k viewers which means spike wouldnt even be able to keep it on primetime.

Time slot and not having huge names for casuals to grab onto isn't helping them. Decent numbers but nothing great

BRZ - Could also be its on too late for a Thursday night. 8-10 would be better. Phone Post

8 would be way better but they would lose TNA lead in Phone Post

I was one of them.

UFC does 800k viewers last seasons TUF = Fox is happy as fuck you guys don't know what ratings mean.

Bellator does 800k viewers = Can't build stars Viacom must quit MMA Phone Post

TheKidAintMine - It depends on what Viacom's end game is. Are they willing to tolerate such low numbers for years before they start developing viable stars? If not, Bellator might just end up like Affliction or the IFL.

i estimated that they would need around a million plus to get the typical demo numbers on an mma product to properly monetize it.

I said if the numbers settle below 800k the tournament format is a failure as it cant build an audience.

they ordered 11 episodes of the reality show... that's all they have now.  if that doesnt move the needle they're gonna get out of the bellator business within 2 years.

isnt that still a lot better than UFC on Fuel?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-fuel-tv-7-bar%C3%A3o-182456497--mma.html

TV Ratings for UFC on Fuel TV Live Events:

UFC on Fuel TV 1: 217,000 (Sanchez vs. Ellenberger)
UFC on Fuel TV 2: 197,000 (Gustafsson vs. Silva)
UFC on Fuel TV 3: 173,000 (Korean Zombie vs. Poirier)
UFC on Fuel TV 4: 211,000 (Munoz vs. Weidman)
UFC on Fuel TV 5: 111,000 (Struve vs. Miocic)
UFC on Fuel TV 6: 88,000 (Franklin vs. Le)
UFC on Fuel TV 7: 195,000 (Barão vs. McDonald)

PrettyBoy - 

UFC does 800k viewers last seasons TUF = Fox is happy as fuck you guys don't know what ratings mean.

Bellator does 800k viewers = Can't build stars Viacom must quit MMA Phone Post

hah yeah and bellator just debuted on spike for barely 2 months.

This season doesn't matter, once the reality show kicks in than they will start caring

Pancake Syrup - 
MMALOGIC - 

(Pancake syrup)

Time slot and not having huge names for casuals to grab onto isn't helping them. Decent numbers but nothing great

timeslot is not the problem... if you take away the TNA lead in, bellator wouldnt even pull 500k viewers.  it's TNA's viewership that bumps their numbers.