Bellator: UFC's garbage collector

gokudamus -
Hate420 - 
Shanebone - I don't give a fuck what anyone says, bellator is entertaining as hell. I enjoy watching it and so do my friends. They're all still martial artists and human beings with amazing sets of skills. If you're as big a fight fan as me, you don't give two shits if it's the top organization or not, you love to watch for the action and not the names.
Amen

i aint got time to watch all ufc events let alone a couple of 40 year olds humping each other
You ever watch alexander schlemenko fight?? If not you're missing out..

Shanebone - 
gokudamus -
Hate420 - 
Shanebone - I don't give a fuck what anyone says, bellator is entertaining as hell. I enjoy watching it and so do my friends. They're all still martial artists and human beings with amazing sets of skills. If you're as big a fight fan as me, you don't give two shits if it's the top organization or not, you love to watch for the action and not the names.
Amen

i aint got time to watch all ufc events let alone a couple of 40 year olds humping each other

is that the one 40 year old tito ortiz destroyed in 2 seconds?no thx

gokudamus -
Shanebone - 
gokudamus -
Hate420 - 
Amen

Got it, you're ufc shill. Bias opinion of a kid I'll take it as. Remember to get up early to watch cartoons tomorrow!

Lurker99 - Bellator's strategy works, that is why.

Perfect example, I watched BNB for the first time this week because someone posted the video of Joe Riggs in it. Up until then, I had no idea bare knuckle boxing had legit events in a ring... I assumed it was all basement/backyard shit like Kimbo's fights.

I watched something I otherwise never have and maybe never would have because I recognized a name of someone I liked in the UFC.

Bellator is under the same concept... if they have an entire card of people unheard of in mainstream MMA, but have 2 or 3 guys that are recognized names... those that might otherwise not watch will tune in. It's a fine balance between ratings and creating talent. You need both to survive as a business, without either, the business fails.

Affliction had all names and no creations... it failed. Local shows have all creations and no names... theres a reason many fail and none are on TV.... no ratings.

Coker knows what he's doing and thats why they hired him and not you.

good post

Shanebone -
gokudamus -
Hate420 - 
Amen

Or Brennan Ward, MVP, Liam McGreary, Emmanuel Newton.......

Lots of exciting fighters over there. I'll take your average Bellator card, over UFC cards riddled with no name TUFers and women fights any day.

Shanebone - 
gokudamus -
Shanebone - 
gokudamus -
Hate420 - 
Amen

Got it, you're ufc shill. Bias opinion of a kid I'll take it as. Remember to get up early to watch cartoons tomorrow!

i loved pride originally. loved strikeforce too.

i like quality product. thats all.

their strategy has always been to try and draw people in with old names and hope they stay for the younger talented guys.

Rory MacDonald isnt exactly garbage, is he?

Tooled current UFC champ.

gokudamus -
Shanebone - 
gokudamus -
Shanebone - 
gokudamus -
Hate420 - 
Amen

i loved pride originally. loved strikeforce too.

i like quality product. thats all.

I agree, pride was amazing and I loved watching strikeforce when nick Diaz was running through people , for whatever reason bellator seems cheesy and cheap

Listen here cuck, Paramount MMA will grow talent using dinosaurs to sell the broadcasts.

gokudamus - It seems that Bellator has made it a key strategy to pick up people that have been rejected/let go by the UFC

Why? I get that these people have name value, but these people were let go by the UFC for a reason....this strategy is not a good look-its like the homeless guy that goes around trash cans looking for recyclables....

bellator should focus on growing their own talent

Coker knows what he's doing.

The UFC bought out Strikeforce because they became legit competition that was at times more entertaining. The most interesting thing happening in MMA at the time was the Strikeforce HW GP.

Bellator w Coker FTW

Bellator w Fedor FTW

Bellator w MacDonald FTW

Bellator x RIZIN partnership FTW

Bellator 1 year from now - probably the only one winning (seriously).

Sometimes Goku makes smart posts and sometimes he shits all over the forum.

I like good fights, don't care who is promoting it.  The more top talent the UFC lets go or loses via being outbid, the better, imo.  I'll watch Paul Daley every time he fights. Same with Rory Mac. Meathead is one of my favorite fighters to watch, you know someone is getting KTFO. Kongo, Pitbull, Bendo, MVP, Chandler... all put on good fights. Now they have Fedor giving it another run. 

With the infrequency we even see the UFC's top fighters, how often would we see them or anyone else if everybody was signed to their roster?  Even less.  That there's another quality promoter out there with REAL $$$ behind it that puts out a quality production yet people actually complain about it.... let's you know you're dealing with MMA fans.  

Lurker99 - Bellator's strategy works, that is why.

Perfect example, I watched BNB for the first time this week because someone posted the video of Joe Riggs in it. Up until then, I had no idea bare knuckle boxing had legit events in a ring... I assumed it was all basement/backyard shit like Kimbo's fights.

I watched something I otherwise never have and maybe never would have because I recognized a name of someone I liked in the UFC.

Bellator is under the same concept... if they have an entire card of people unheard of in mainstream MMA, but have 2 or 3 guys that are recognized names... those that might otherwise not watch will tune in. It's a fine balance between ratings and creating talent. You need both to survive as a business, without either, the business fails.

Affliction had all names and no creations... it failed. Local shows have all creations and no names... theres a reason many fail and none are on TV.... no ratings.

Coker knows what he's doing and thats why they hired him and not you.

Yeah, having a place where fighters still in the top 100, but not top 30 in the world fight is terrible. I've enjoyed the last few Bellator events thoroughly. To me it feels like where UFC was when I started watching, and I kinda like that.

gokudamus -
LittleJoeMama - Rory beat the brakes off Tyron, the current UFC WW champ...he also DESTROYED Nate Diaz, one of the UFC's biggest stars.

hes 3-3 in his last 6 and its quite possible that robbie stole his soul...

Those 3 losses that you mention one was the ko loss to Robbie, the other two were decision losses to Robbie and Wonderboy.  If Lawler had taken his soul he would not have taken the next fight against Stephen, and if he was not still one of the best fighters in the world there is no way he gets to a decision with Stephen.

Last six fights 

Wonderboy

Lawler

Saffiedine

Woodley

Maia

Lawler

Realistically who manages to go 3&3 with that list in that order.

they were let go because WME are incompetents

Cirkunov in a barren wasteland of a LHW division? Larkin after he decimates Top 10 Magny? there's no logic behind this. UFC could be making Bellator's life much harder for themselves.

Shiloh - Sometimes Goku makes smart posts and sometimes he shits all over the forum.

Lmao

Ultimate Cuck -

because 'growing your own talent' doesn't sell tickets or bring in viewers. how don't people understand this. even Holloway and Ferguson aren't draws for the ufc.

if OP was running the show at Bellator it wouldn't last more than a year. 

Huh?

most of the stars from the UFC became stars in the UFC. 

Randy, gsp, chuck, bj, Anderson etc etc. wtf r u talking about. 

Not not saying u have to get guys with 0 record, but taking fighters in the tail end of their career after the UFC decides to let them go and making these guys the stars of your org is blatantly sending a message that your brand is second rate.