Ben Askren clearly frustrated with Dana still

The guy has an unlikeable personality and fight style and slagged off Dana and the UFC.

He only has himself to blame for not making it to the UFC and upper echelon of MMA.

iEatConorCauk -
sgotwalks - 

He has every right to that opinion of Dana. He has been black balled by the UFC for speaking his mind.

With that said, CRE is going to show in with his cock in his hand any minute now!

Bro, CRE started the thread with his cock in his hand.

Get the fuck out of here, is that CRE? Lol! 

Ben Askrin is just John Fitch in a bad toupe 

Has anyone ever seen the two in the same place at the same time 

GOAT St. Pierre -
keithws2 - Man. One fight is a large sample size.

And let’s talk about that Bellator 97 card. I imagine you did quite a bit of research to make your comparisons and chose to ignore the quality of that card. Do you think the following factors could have contributed to a solid viewer number.

Mo lawal fought for the LH tourney final.

Minakaw fought for the Heavy tourney final.

Chandler was fighting in a light weight championship fight.

Askren vs Koreshkov was not the even the headline fight.

Whether you like it or not, Askren’s wrestling fighting style is the reason standup rules were made. And ask yourself, why would organizations create stand up rules. Was it because fans found it to be exciting? Organizations could profit from wrestling matches?

The proof is in the pudding. Fans do not want to see Askren or he’d be fighting for the UFC or Bellator. Neither organization would turn down a marketable fighter.

Cool meme, though. That capoeira kick was legit. Too bad he never incorporated that type of excitement in his fights!

Again, I definitely agree with Askren being a very good fighter. No disputing that.

Mo Lawal fought on Bellator 96 also

Minakov fought on Bellator 96 as well

Babalu and War Machine were also on Bellator 96 so it’s not a huge difference in name talent.

CRE, is that you?

Did you lose a screen name bet? I’m pretty sure I recall you not being on board with Georges before the fight so that would explain it. It’s funny because while I’ve never had much sway one way or the other with the CRE versions of you, but I have found myself in agreement with several posts I’ve read lately from the GOAT St. Pierre version of you.

Just having some St. Pierre in your name has already made you a better poster, and no doubt a better man! 

Askren only has himself and his mouth to blame. Simultaneously shit talking BOTH the company he worked for and the one he wanted to work for isn’t a good look. His ego cost him his opportunity.

I, like many, would have liked to see where he truly stacked up. The only person I’m pissed at over any of this is Ben himself.

sgotwalks - 
GOAT St. Pierre -
		And let's talk about that Bellator 97 card. I imagine you did quite a bit of research to make your comparisons and chose to ignore the quality of that card. Do you think the following factors could have contributed to a solid viewer number.

Whether you like it or not, Askren's wrestling fighting style is the reason standup rules were made. And ask yourself, why would organizations create stand up rules. Was it because fans found it to be exciting? Organizations could profit from wrestling matches?

The proof is in the pudding. Fans do not want to see Askren or he'd be fighting for the UFC or Bellator. Neither organization would turn down a marketable fighter.

Cool meme, though. That capoeira kick was legit. Too bad he never incorporated that type of excitement in his fights!

Again, I definitely agree with Askren being a very good fighter. No disputing that.</span></span>

&nbsp;</blockquote>

<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">Mo Lawal fought on Bellator 96 also

Babalu and War Machine were also on Bellator 96 so it's not a huge difference in name talent.</span></blockquote>
<p>
	<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">CRE, is that you?</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">Did you lose a screen name bet? I'm pretty sure I recall you not being on board with Georges before the fight so that would explain it. It's funny because while I've never had much sway one way or the other with the CRE versions of you, but I have found myself in agreement with several posts I've read lately from the GOAT St. Pierre version of you.</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">Just having some St. Pierre in your name has already made you a better poster, and no doubt a better man!&nbsp;</span></p>

I lost a SN bet to ShoeMoney. But he tried to big man me and say that I didn't need to change my name. So I changed it anyway.</p>

Georges humbled me, he's very impressive(of course). When GSP endured those cuts/blood from the elbows Bisping landed on bottom that was true grit. 

GOAT St. Pierre -
sgotwalks - 
GOAT St. Pierre -

And let’s talk about that Bellator 97 card. I imagine you did quite a bit of research to make your comparisons and chose to ignore the quality of that card. Do you think the following factors could have contributed to a solid viewer number.

Whether you like it or not, Askren’s wrestling fighting style is the reason standup rules were made. And ask yourself, why would organizations create stand up rules. Was it because fans found it to be exciting? Organizations could profit from wrestling matches?

The proof is in the pudding. Fans do not want to see Askren or he’d be fighting for the UFC or Bellator. Neither organization would turn down a marketable fighter.

Again, I definitely agree with Askren being a very good fighter. No disputing that.

Mo Lawal fought on Bellator 96 also

Babalu and War Machine were also on Bellator 96 so it’s not a huge difference in name talent.

CRE, is that you?

Did you lose a screen name bet? I’m pretty sure I recall you not being on board with Georges before the fight so that would explain it. It’s funny because while I’ve never had much sway one way or the other with the CRE versions of you, but I have found myself in agreement with several posts I’ve read lately from the GOAT St. Pierre version of you.

Just having some St. Pierre in your name has already made you a better poster, and no doubt a better man! 

I lost a SN bet to ShoeMoney. But he tried to big man me and say that I didn’t need to change my name. So I changed it anyway.

Georges humbled me, he’s very impressive(of course). When GSP endured those cuts/blood from the elbows Bisping landed on bottom that was true grit. 

Good man! Have an oh so valuable vote up!

"he tried to big man me" lol!

SinCityHustler - 
luctaro - 
Seats Taken -

He’s making an good amount of loot outside the UFC, and his real bread and butter and his long term impact in the world is his Wrestling Academy. Good on him for doing what he felt was right instead of bowing down like everyone else. The only person that really lost out is the fans. 

The only person that really feels he lost something is Ben Askren, or else he wouldnt still be salty about it as he looks retirement in the face.

He did lose something. We all did as fans as well. He has every right to have the opinion of White that he has. He didn’t say anything we don’t all believe about White. That said, he made a great situation from the hand he was dealt.

He made boatloads of money without having to train hard or take any damage. He beat the shit out of Douglas Lima during his run.

Pretty good career, from a rational perspective.

Dana is the only person who deserves blame for not signing Askren. How Covington can have a job and not Askren is crazy.

luctaro - 
SinCityHustler -
luctaro - 
Seats Taken -

He’s making an good amount of loot outside the UFC, and his real bread and butter and his long term impact in the world is his Wrestling Academy. Good on him for doing what he felt was right instead of bowing down like everyone else. The only person that really lost out is the fans. 

The only person that really feels he lost something is Ben Askren, or else he wouldnt still be salty about it as he looks retirement in the face.

He did lose something. We all did as fans as well. He has every right to have the opinion of White that he has. He didn’t say anything we don’t all believe about White. That said, he made a great situation from the hand he was dealt.

True, but I do believe he carries some blame on his shoulders for the handling of the situation.

His hand was not entirely given by The Fates, he chose to fight in the boringest style ever and antagonize his boss and fans about it, leading to getting tossed out of the promotion he was Champion of, and putting the UFC in the awkward position of considering getting Fitch 2.0 and a competitors reject to boot.

His ease of tongue in talking shit about people also has another name: burning bridges. He and his fans can say "he did it his way" for sure. But in the end we will never know how good or bad he would have done.

Would he have been a Will Brooks or a Luke Rockhold? Would he have lingered with a 60k payout or could he have co-headlined PPVs with Conor Mcgregor and get Tyron Woodley money? Hey guess he said some things he wanted to say, at the moment he wanted to say them. Thats enough.

In his last 10 fights, he had 7 stoppages, 1 NC, and 2 decisions. One of those decisions was against Douglas Lima, an obvious top 10 fighter in the world.

He is not wrong about dana.

I wish he would go to the UFC for himself though and to really find out if he's the best in the world. Like dana said, you don't have to like each other to do business with each other. Dana's worked with plenty of guys he hated and vice versa.

The Immortal One - 

I wish he would go to the UFC for himself though and to really find out if he's the best in the world. Like dana said, you don't have to like each other to do business with each other. Dana's worked with plenty of guys he hated and vice versa.

Exactly.

We honestly don’t know how good he is.

His win over Lima says a lot - but not enough. He retires without us knowing how he would fair against the GSPs, McDonalds, Wonderboys, Maias, Etc.

GOAT St. Pierre - 
sgotwalks - 
GOAT St. Pierre -
		And let's talk about that Bellator 97 card. I imagine you did quite a bit of research to make your comparisons and chose to ignore the quality of that card. Do you think the following factors could have contributed to a solid viewer number.

Whether you like it or not, Askren's wrestling fighting style is the reason standup rules were made. And ask yourself, why would organizations create stand up rules. Was it because fans found it to be exciting? Organizations could profit from wrestling matches?

The proof is in the pudding. Fans do not want to see Askren or he'd be fighting for the UFC or Bellator. Neither organization would turn down a marketable fighter.

Again, I definitely agree with Askren being a very good fighter. No disputing that.</span></span>

&nbsp;</blockquote>

<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">Mo Lawal fought on Bellator 96 also

Babalu and War Machine were also on Bellator 96 so it's not a huge difference in name talent.</span></blockquote>
<p>
	<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">CRE, is that you?</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">Did you lose a screen name bet? I'm pretty sure I recall you not being on board with Georges before the fight so that would explain it. It's funny because while I've never had much sway one way or the other with the CRE versions of you, but I have found myself in agreement with several posts I've read lately from the GOAT St. Pierre version of you.</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-298952" id="userPost61304985">Just having some St. Pierre in your name has already made you a better poster, and no doubt a better man!&nbsp;</span></p>

I lost a SN bet to ShoeMoney. But he tried to big man me and say that I didn't need to change my name. So I changed it anyway.</p>

Georges humbled me, he's very impressive(of course). When GSP endured those cuts/blood from the elbows Bisping landed on bottom that was true grit. 

As soon as the research and memes hit the discussion, I highly suspected it was you, Mr Cre. And of course, it’s Ben Askren we are discussing. lol

Dana dropped the ball with Askren.

so Ben is retired now?

rushinbear - so Ben is retired now?

Yes.</p>

Since the UFC doesn't seem interested I'd like to see him vs. the winner of Rory/Lima.

Ben Undisputed, Undefeated GOAT

Looney Ronulan Paultard - 

Ben Undisputed, Undefeated GOAT

..of bellator...