Best first move/strike in a fight?

KidJustice, thanks I'll check out Tony's site.

KidJustice...does Tony have pictures of SPEAR on his website?  If he does could you tell me where to find them or explain it in more detail? 

Lots of good information in the archives section of Tony Blauer's site.

Gary Hughes

All I can say is KidJustice is an active fighter. Toughman champion, kickboxing, and MMA. His real world experiences include submitting or containing bad guys at a street law enforcement level, and training the guys who are going to the Middle East to give the terrs an up close and personal, free trip to Allah and paradise. Even if you have different ideas on a streetfight, try to keep an open mind because the Kid has access to some of the best stuff out there, and he has always been willing to share his experiences relevant to the forum.

Overhand right to the jaw. A groin punch is good, but easy to miss the nads and hit the thigh, so you just wasted your 1st shot. Hit him once, with everything, and close the distance and put him on the ground.

I always figured that if it looks like there is going to be a throwdown, hit him first. If you are wrong you can always apologise.

Eyegouging is very effective especially if your like me and you tend to always keep your thumb nails a little long and if your practice finger jabbing for the past 5 years.

Its pretty simple to practice too at my work I have several sprots on the walls that I hit ever so often when I walk by them.

Sam Pai Kempo: Yes there are photo's on Tony's sight I will try to contact him and see if he will visit this thread and add his two cents.

Irishmike, Thank you! You are the reason that all of your fighters are class acts!

TTT this thread it has awesome info all around!

Everybody who is reccomending the the nut shot is in for a big surprise if they ever get into a real fight, when the adrenalin is flowing you can take a kick in the balls and just smile and keep on coming, I reccomend a low kick right to the knee joint of his lead leg, then follow up with punches to the face and possibly a nice headbutt.

I agree with Johnny on the balls front. Hitting people in the nuts in real situation is overated. It just hurts like mad and dosn't shut the guy down. If anything it just really pisses people off making them more determined to rip you a new arse hole.

When people get in my face I always take a back step which is percieved as weakness. The person always follows you in (I guess it's some sort of predatory responce to chase you down)Then I nail them with a hook or straight depending on the space I have. I load up the punch slyly by putting my weight on the backfoot as I step.
If you're really luky the guy will stick his chin out as he steps in toward you to get in your face again.

Johnnypayne, Gazatron: You guys are 100% correct!

Not only is this true for pain response it is also biologically true. During a high stress incident your "manhood" retreats to a safe position. We have a cavity in which our prized possession can flee from turmoil. During a self defense situation you would need to smash the "member" into the pelvic girdle to maximize damage.

If anyone reading this is in the medical field please help me out. I know the concepts, but not the "scientific" explanations

TTT

KidJustice...thanks.  Tony Blauer is a wise man.

Gary Hughes

Sam Pai Kenpo: Tony has created a very good system for Self Defense.

Check out www.modernwarrior.com for more interesting self defense applications. The site features Phil Messina another very innovative self defense guru. I trained with Phil from 1987 to 1990 and then again from 95-97. He is a former NYPD Sgt. and has some good concepts on street awareness.

I would have to say that Tony and Phil are at the head of the pack when it comes to realistic situational training. Tony makes great use of  HIGH GEAR (his protective suits) and scenario training.

Phil has some great Environment training rooms, One of the rooms in Phil's training facility actually produces rain and high wind. It SUCKS to fight in that room, but it is awesome training.

A two-piece followed by either a biscuit ( knee to the body) or a wing (elbow to the head)

ttt

For what it's worth the SPEAR technique looks like it would work really well in an actual street fighting situation. But if this fails, then I would have to go with the "I only fight Naked Defense".

Eye jab, groin kick, run.

TTT

Lead leg front kick to the jewels/Right cross combo or lead round kick to the jewels or inner thigh/ Right combo.

My favs.

punch first, punch hard

Mack truck at 55mph.