Best gym to learn to wrestle for MMA in Atlanta?

Having a hard time finding anything for grown adults. USA wrestling's list provided no solutions and The Compound you have to bring your own partner to train with and they no longer do MMA focused wrestling.

I was hoping to get in a room of good or even really good adult wrestlers and step up my game. My MMA gym doesn't offer wrestling classes either anymore.

Anyone have some knowledge about Atlanta's wrestling scene and can help?

Check out the Cooler, Raymond James coaches there and from what I hear, some post colligate guys train there as well. It's mostly kids though.

I'll get you a link tomorrow but it's something like US wrestling club . Com

I live in north Georgia and am an old man at 44 and didn't grow up wrestling. That being said, I enjoy drilling take downs and can usually hang in there for some live goes as well.

I'm at the compound with my kid on occasion, will be there next week actually. I'll roll with ya if we can get there the same day Phone Post 3.0

Also, are you north Atlanta or south? There's a gym in Calhoun GA and me and the coach will wrestle sometimes.

It's called the Grindhouse wrestling club.

Your welcome there if it's not to far of a drive Phone Post 3.0

heres the website for the Cooler:

http://www.uswrestlingclub.com/

this is probably going to be your best bet.  Open mat on Sunday.  

Thanks so much Chip! I'm on the Southside (ugh) but may be moving to Acworth in the next few months. Would love to roll with a UG brethern!

I think Morris Fitness in Alpharetta has old guy wrestling. Phone Post 3.0

NCAA92 - I think Morris Fitness in Alpharetta has old guy wrestling. Phone Post 3.0
Serious? I know a lot of those parents and kids, I'll have to check it out. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Pretty sure guy I coach with wrestled for Cornell he used to go over there once in awhile and roll. I will text Charlie and see if they are still doing it. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome NCAA92, thanks brother

TTT

No idea..

Atlanta? No idea. Georgia? Hardcore gym / Athens MMA Phone Post 3.0

Yeah Hardcore would be good except it's a over 2 hour drive each way :/

Duke power hand, Did you ever find a place? Phone Post 3.0

Chip not really man. I'm living in Griffin now and as you know that's a heck of a commute to even The Cooler. We have Jeff Bedard's Compound in McDonough which is excellent but it's expensive and you often need to bring you're own partner.

I've trained at Independent MMA for years off and on and we have a multiple time state champ, first ever girl GA state champ (Krissa Timbs) who is happy to work with me but she's pregnant...so basically I'm a little stagnated.

My Pops has a few guys he knows plus he wrestled at Appalachian State but it's been pulling teeth to get a steady thing going.

your* own partner

Bedard is not at Compound anymore he took the asst coaching job at UTC just won the SOCON championships. Dosent look like Morris is doing old guy stuff anymore. Phone Post 3.0

Oh yeah I know he's not there but I think it's still his place. BTW Chatt has some really big wins this under him. I thought Compound was still open though, haven't checked so I could be wrong.

Duke Powerhand - Oh yeah I know he's not there but I think it's still his place. BTW Chatt has some really big wins this under him. I thought Compound was still open though, haven't checked so I could be wrong.

Compound is still open, both the south and north locations.

Bedard took the coaching job at UTC and has been doing a fantastic job.

The compound has hired two time all american Peter Yates. Phone Post 3.0

Well that's good, now work has me going to Baton Rouge lol