best speedbag for an apartment?

I live in an apartment and want a really good speedbag, but I'm a little hesitant about getting something that I have to drill stuff in the wall to set up.

does anyone know any good speedbags that you can hookup without mounting to the wall? or at least not doing a lot of damage to the wall if mounted?

I think u have serious problems with your NEIGHBORs and LANDLORD in your near future.

I would think this would work - although it's a little pricy http://www.gncgear.com/pd/cn15162.html

Speed bag in apartment = eviction.

I see what you mean

We can't even grapple in our apartment without causing too much noise. :(

I was also thinking of getting a head bag. the type that attaches from the ceiling to floor. it seems very useful in improving your strikes to a moving head

This is the only place in the world I've heard people actually discourage the use of a speed bag.

They help with endurance in your shoulders, keeping your hands up, and moving your hands in a rapid rhythm. I don't think it's the most vital piece of equipment but it can be useful.

TH

hackett...we all know the obvious benefits of a speed bag...the question was about the noise created in an apartment setting.

Quick, I was responding to the post by "Ipwnyourmammy":

"If I were you I would forget about the speedbag... mainly because it is one of the funniest farces in the combat and boxing world... it does NOTHING to inprove your game at all... nothing more than going out and buying a pair of bongos... speedbags are seriously useless... spend that time on something usefull like shadow boxing, practicing your shots, or conditioning"

It's just up the thread from my post.

TH

then you've been using it wrong.

stephen

I had a heavy bag setup in an apartment once....once.

I had a speed bag in my garage and my neighbours hated it.

Learning how to keep your hands up alone is worth it from the speedbag.

Yeah, it's way too loud for apartment living. It's pretty loud for a house, too.

TH

D'oh! Sorry hackett...I didn't see that.

No problem Quik. I think Stephen missed it, too :)

TH

I heard Bas Rutten's DVD has good shadowbox stuff. just do that.

Even in a house you can not train to late or else the neighbors bitch

Lawdy is correct!!!!

DO NOT GET A SPEEDBAG IN AN APPARTMENT!!! YOU WILL HAVE THE COPS CALLED ON YOU! SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!!

I had to rent a Storage Unit for $24 per month and I put mats down, all my bags up (including a speedbag) and set-up a heater (I'm in Colorado) and I trained in there all the time. It was about 3 blocks from where I lived.

It was only $20 and it worked...and it was WAAAAAy cheaper then the two tickets I had to pay in court.

Lawdy ma is correct. Listen to the voice of reason!