Best strikers to emulate

In your opinion, if you were a fighter, who would you try emulating and why?

Uhtred Ragnarson - 

Bas Rutten

Dougie -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 

Bas Rutten

Why?

Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Dougie -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 

Bas Rutten

Why?

Cause he was a really good striker would be my guess.

Wouldn’t that depend on your body type, athleticism, abilities, reason you’re learning the striking art and skills you already possess?  

If the answer to my question is no, I’d say Dougie.  

King Trav - 

Wouldn’t that depend on your body type, athleticism, abilities, reason you’re learning the striking art and skills you already possess?  

I like to call my style, “Flailing-Muppet.”

It’s…unusual…

King Trav -

King Trav, I respect thee more than any other on the OG, but I hath an intention to start a serious discussion on striking disciplines. 

But for real, I guess separate fighters by body type if need be. Ie stocky short fighters, rangy linger fighters, mid sized fighters, etc.

Jon Jones!!!

He’s An Awesome fighter… yeah yeah… usada…he’s like the Lance Armstrong of MMA… Most of them cheat… he’s the best of them!

Dougie -
King Trav - 

It’s…unusual…

Come on now. Dougie is a Shawn Tompkins guy…their stand up is no joke. 

Uhtred Ragnarson -
King Trav -

King Trav, I respect thee more than any other on the OG, but I hath an intention to start a serious discussion on striking disciplines. 

I like talking about martial arts. There’s way more knowledgeable people on this forum than me though. 

It depends a lot on who your coach is, in addition to your own abilities. But, your coach must be able to provide the appropriate feedback.

I have found that I learned the most and improved my own game the most by watching and emulating Mighty Mouse. But, that’s just me.

wiggum - It depends a lot on who your coach is, in addition to your own abilities. But, your coach must be able to provide the appropriate feedback.

I have found that I learned the most and improved my own game the most by watching and emulating Mighty Mouse. But, that’s just me.

Just for conversation’s sake, what do you like watching Mighty Mouse so much?

Uhtred Ragnarson - 
wiggum - It depends a lot on who your coach is, in addition to your own abilities. But, your coach must be able to provide the appropriate feedback.

Just for conversation’s sake, what do you like watching Mighty Mouse so much?

I’m a flyweight wrestle boxer. Generally, it’s MM’s footwork, control of range, decision making and stance shifting that I most appreciate.

King Trav - 
Dougie -
King Trav - 

It’s…unusual…

Come on now. Dougie is a Shawn Tompkins guy…their stand up is no joke. 

Tompkins trained under Bas Rutten for a long time and they were very close.

Hominick has that liver shot down pat.

Heck, when Stout fought Lauzon, Lauzon said he could hear what Tompkins was calling out for Sam to throw and just couldn’t do anything about it.

All the guys in the gym are based in the Dutch style that Bas Rutten uses.

…except me…

Flailing muppet style all the way, for the win!

i always liked Mark hominick's boxing

barboza's muay thai

used to love Spencer Fisher as well , who combined southpaw boxing with muay thai

Shane Carwin. It’d be nice to hit one hitter quitters all day

I'm with the guys saying it depends on the individual.  reach, speed, reflexes, etc all need to be taken in consideration.  if you strike like frankie edgar but are built like nate diaz dont expect a lot of success

Homeslice -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Dougie -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 

Bas Rutten

Why?

Cause he was a really good striker would be my guess.

Bas had incredible power and he made it work, but he was not the most technical striker.

I always liked Vitor's technique. Igor was like Bas, not the most technical but very sweet striking. But if you truly want to learn striking, I'd look at K-1 and lower weights.

Depends on your build, personality and attributes. Cormier and jones striking are both very effective but very different