Better résumé: Max Holloway or Khabib?

• Max
  • Khabib
0 voters

Khabib Nurmagomedov Sport GIF by ESPN

ufc 206 holloway GIF

Khabib 29-0. 3 title defenses (finished all 3 opponents). Beat 2 champions.
Max 25-6. 4 title defenses. 4 finishes in title fights. Beat 4 champions

Clearly, Max has The edge when it comes to the championship stuff. But overall record goes to Khabib.
How much weight do you put into the title?

1 Like

Im going of opponents alone, not wins or losses. Max wins by a landslide. Fighting gaethje in a couple weeks, Conor, Dustin 2x, Aldo 2x, Volk 3x, zombie, Allen, cub, Yair, cattar, Edgar, Ortega, pettis, lamas, Stephens, olives, cole miller, fili, and bermudez. This shit is in no way close

12 Likes

Max is one of my favorite fighters but I picked khabib. As of today their only common opponent is Conman McChicken and khabib holds the win

If max were to pull off the upset against Justin I could change my pick possibly

2 Likes

Max

2 Likes

Max has beaten more ranked contenders than the village of Dagestan has had hot meals.

9 Likes

lame ass jack khabib nut hugging post in 3, 2, 1…

3 Likes

Max, without question. It’s not even close

2 Likes

Says my biggest groupie @anon22089824

Resume has become such a popular metric because it only focuses on who you beat, not who pushed your shit in. People don’t want to admit how badly losses affect the overall perception of a fighters dominance. Max lost 3 times to the same guy. He lost to Conor and Dustin.

He’s not as good a fighter as Khabib, who has not been scratched and barely lost a round. It’s not even close.

Many have stuck around a long time and built a nice resume of wins, but it’s the losses that show they are not goats.

1 Like

Example: For all of GSP’s boring decision title defences when Khabib ran over the best in the world, Khabib never folded in his prime getting arm barred or tapping to strikes like GSP… thus Khabib’s sense of invincibility is higher and we could visually see his grappling was much better/more exciting.

1 Like

Hey man don’t be hating on my boy!!

2 Likes

I like Max hope he wins the FW title again but comparing him to Khabib is not going to go favourably.

1 Like

Who knows. He’s done a lot of Khabib hasn’t. Thats why its interesting

3 Likes

Jack voted with all his alts

6 Likes

Lol without Jack and NDA Khabib would be at 12% :rofl:

Coincidence Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Hey man I’m a max fan. But he won the belt against a slightly past prime Aldo

Out boxed Brian oretga who is a BJJ guy

Beat up last prime Edgar

Beat katter and Yair who are just ok imo

The oliveria win was due to injury

Khabib has better wins imo

1 Like

Idk it depends on how you look at it to me. If you combine all the wins together Max still edges him to me. Outside of Khabib 3 big wins his other wins are are very low quality, and I think he lost to Tibau, and I also think Max should have at least 1 win over Volk. It is close though. Now if Max pulls off a miracle and beats Justin at 300 he definitely has a better resume imo

1 Like

Rickson by armbar

Max

Vs

3 Likes