Big John calls Derrick Lewis a "gate keeper"

Is big John right, or could Lewis win in a rematch if Ngannou retains at UFC 270?

Im kinda hoping Francis beats Gane so we get a rematch with Francis/Lewis. I know they’ll fight better and Lewis has a chance to beat Francis again.

7 Likes

That was the biggest disappointmenting fight ever.

9 Likes

With that type of power, he definitely stands a chance. Might not hold it too long, but can take it on any given night.

8 Likes

I know and they know that too. Lewis has said many times how bad it was and that he will fight different if they fought again.

Matt Sera shocked the world and beat GSP.

Anything is possible

2 Likes

He’s not wrong?

3 Likes

He can say that all he wants. They would both be tentative again. Lewis has more technical skill and punching power and can kick a bit for his size. But he is very much like a less muscular Bob Sapp. His heart isn’t in it.

2 Likes

Blaydes is the HW gatekeeper. He will never beat Ngannou/Lewis/Gane but he’ll beat everyone else

5 Likes

Nah. Watch him mix it up and do like Hendo faking the takedown and landing a big overhand. It’s definitely something he could still incorporate into his game at this point given his skillset.

Ever the asshole.

2 Likes

He wouldn’t be the favorite but the division is weak which means he’ll probably get another title shot before his career is over and anything can happen in the fight.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s a gatekeeper but he’s a damn good one. I said it the other night and got shit for it. It just goes to show how weak the HW division is when the #3 guy is as skilled as a gatekeeper.

2 Likes

Lewis is better than a gatekeeper

7 Likes

You really don’t like him do you. :slight_smile:
I don’t think he’s infallible by any means but by n large I think he dose good work and has reasonable opinions.
That’s not to say I agree with this. But I pretty much never agree with everything anyone says.
What is it ( or some of the things) that turned you off him?

On a totally unrelated subject. I’ve been meaning to ask you if I could start a thread devoted to asking you questions about making knives. I’ve kind of hit a limit on stuff I can gleen from YouTube and could really benefit from some correspondence somehow.
I honestly don’t want to go down some blade forum rabbit hole because I basically don’t trust that the people on there even know what they’re talking about. I might end up taking advice from some idiot that makes knives from re-bar unknowingly.
I definitely would like to take some in person lessons but haven’t found anything in the area I live at this stage that I’m going to get to.
I don’t expect your help for free. I was thinking maybe I could give you a $100 donation via PayPal for helping me .
Moneys always tight over Christmas ( finished up for the year today) and we’re going away. So it’ll be mid January before I get back to making knives. So if you’re OK with it I’d like to kick it off then.
I don’t think I’ll take up to much of your time. I wouldn’t expect essay type responses. I’m sure pretty much every question I have , you will be able to answer within a few sentences. And if your not to familiar with something im asking and aren’t sure. That’s cool too.
I’d appreciate it if you’d be up for it.
Hope you have a merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays.

hes a bigol fat bitch

3 Likes

Pretty much this.

1 Like

And nobody here should question my knowledge of bigol fat bitches.

2 Likes

put a dress on him and floppy’s coming in to work with no sleep.

3 Likes

I was there live for that one. Justified boos especially with 17 dollar beers

1 Like