Big UFC 61 news from Dana's mouth

Dana was interviewed yesterday on a radio show in Sacramento and dropped some big news for both UFC 61 and the future of the UFC. The guy who runs the show posted on Sherdog that he will have the audio up soon on his website
http://www.carmichaeldave.com/

Here are the highlights:

July 8th at Mandalay Bay:

Arlovski vs Sylvia III
Shamrock vs Griffin

Dana felt that Jardine won the fight vs Bonnar

He doesnt know what the deal is with Tito, he pulled out of the Shamrock fight, and his status with the UFC is up in the air. "Typical Tito" was the quote, I believe...

They are planning a lighterweight division in the very near future, with a big name fight to kick it off, for fighters such as Pulver and Faber etc...

Diego contracted some terrible sickness off of sushi, he is recovered now...

He doesnt know if Frank Shamrock will ever fight in the UFC, says they really don't get along either...

UFC will eventually be a part of HBO programming...

there was a ton of other stuff, it was about a 30 minute interview....that's the best i can do for tonight.

HBO?

Kewl.

nice.

wow...HBO will be awesome.

And I hope the thing with Tito will not escalate again.

Nice cut and paste straight from Sherdog.

LOL at you trying to pass it off as your info.

HBOhd Hooolllllaaaaaa!!!

"Nice cut and paste straight from Sherdog.

LOL at you trying to pass it off as your info. "

Uhhh..I mentioned Sherdog in the first post. The post is over 11 pages long on Sherdog and I didn't see it mentioned on MMA.tv so I figured I would spread the word for the UG'ers that don't visit the site. What is your point troll?

did tito pulled out because of his knee?

yeah bry bry...forrest vs griffin....gonna be an amazing matchup.....cant wait......yeah....

Forrest vs. Griffen will be borring because their styles are too similar.

Date: 04/22/06 03:53 PM
481 Total Posts  Ignore User 

From: Mavryk Date: 04/22/06 03:47 PM Nice cut and paste straight from Sherdog.
LOL at you trying to pass it off as your info.

-------------------------------------------------------

Really? I didn't get that from reading the opening remarks:

"Dana was interviewed yesterday on a radio show in Sacramento and dropped some big news for both UFC 61 and the future of the UFC. The guy who runs the show posted on Sherdog that he will have the audio up soon on his website http://www.carmichaeldave.com/"
---------------------------------------------

I said it because he seemed like he was trying to pass it off as his own, particlarly by leaving this statement in from the cut and paste:
"there was a ton of other stuff, it was about a 30 minute interview....that's the best i can do for tonight."

I could troll MUCH better than this.

^^^Well, considering its the middle of the afternoon why would I leave that sentence in there trying to pass it off as my own. Keep it moving

troll imo

Me and my dad were arguing about the Forrest v Griffin fight. He things Forrest will win the stand up game, but i think Griffin has equally good stand up. They are about the same on the ground. This fight is anyones game.

Thanks for info Adam300,who cares where u got it, unless your a journalist.

could u imagine larry merchant doing color on a ufc broadcast :)?

"UFC will eventually be a part of HBO programming... "

Wow... Sounds like an awesome interview.

Forrest vs Griffin is a really close match up. Id say they are dead even.

A 145 lb class will be interesting.

"forrest vs griffin???umm, this fight is dumb..iunderstand they are doing this because of tito backing out but cmon.. "

I CANT WAIT FOR FORREST VS. GRIFFIN!