Big UFC 61 news from Dana's mouth

HBO should not happen.

They are trying to get UFC out to the masses, this means free TV. Anything else is not sticking to the MO.

I agree with the above guy :
"it will be awesome to go from watching UFN for free to having to pay for a premium cable channel to watch it!"

--Not only that but I will have to pay my cable company more $ per month for digital cable so I can have the option of paying them even more $ per month for HBO.

I cannot see this as a 'smart move' for creating new fans....

Yeah, the HBO thing would be a double edged sword for sure. No commercials but pay TV instead. Being an HBO subscriber, I have no problem with it, but it would cramp the style of some of my UG brothers.

PS Mavryk, no one cares about this stupid "passing it off as your own"crap. Grow up.

Yes, HBO has a very limited audience.  Most everyone I know talks about MXC and Pros vs. Joes every week.  But who has heard of the Sopranos?  What is that show, about opera singers?

For the general population, HBO would lend infinitely more credibility than SPIKE.  They may have to actually start accurately reporting for once.  No commercials would be a blessing too.  

"Man thank God the UFC is on the cutting edge of finding ways for me to spend my money, it was burning a hole through my pocket"
"Now if they would go to PPVs twice a month that would definitely solve my excess cash problem, but I'm not holding my breath"
Great quotes!

CrazyJoeDavola, I don't think anyone would dispute your points as advantageous, it's the added cost for non-premium cable subscribers. Of course the audience would grow, HBO demands a certain level of production values that would only make the UFC look sharper.

Watch for the return of the ramps! j/k

Is it getting cold in here?(Please No!)