Bigest guy in your school

why is it that little guys, who may happen to lift alot of weights, still think they can go strength for strength with people nearly twice their size?"

Because someone hasnt informed them that thats a stupid idea.

I never try to out muscle the big boy I out move them try to keep them on their backs.

I did tap a 6'1" 260 pound very strong guy with the side control crush.

I had the pleasure,if you can call it that, of rolling with Dave Anderton last Saturday. Anderton is a 2X All American Wrestler (D1) and the only guy I know of who pinned Brock Lesnar (druing Lesnar's collegiate career). The guy is an absolute Gorilla and he's started training BJJ with Roberto Mori (BTT black belt). He came to our gyms open mat and I'm hoping he comes back again because I NEVER get to roll with guys who even come close to my size/strength and the experience was absolutely awesome for me. I learned that my positioning and transitions are better than I thought they were and that I have a VERY long ways to go with my sweeps. There's a HUGE difference between working your sweeps on a little 220-240 pounder and attempting them on a 320 pound world class wrestler. AWESOME experience. I can't wait to go with the guy again.

If ANY of you are ever in Utah you've got to come check us out http://www.slcbjj.com.

There's a sub-tourney on the 9th of next month (09/09/2006) that is posting a $2500 purse for the absolute and Frank Mir has signed to do a superfight against Anderton. He(Mir) is also reportedly going to do the absolute tourney. Check out the details at http://www.americangrapplinggames.com

"...on a little 220-240 pounder"

LOL at little 220-240 pounder I must be a flea to you.

Gumby,

You left out part where Rob suplexed Roger :) Too bad it was out of bounds.

There was a guy, Andre, (I think), that was bigger than Rob. He didn't last too long.

We are no longer in the country, so someone else will have to take the honors of being the new 'big guy'.

My No Gi grappling match a few years back with Dave Anderton.  Its difficult to tell people what it's like to train against someone who is 300 lbs. and is very strong.  You just have to feel it.  

Yes, I got submitted and wish I would have done better, but it was fun and I was honored to have gone against someone of Anderton's caliber. 

Dave Anderton, Mark Schultz and Tim Catalfo were some of the strongest guys I have trained against.   

Im so bad against guys that have 100 pounds plus on me.