Bisping chose Boetsch to get closer to title

^this is why Silva needs to lose. It'll make the division interesting again.

Should be Bisping fighting Silva in Brazil anyway. Phone Post

2012 is the year of The Count.

War Bisping!! Phone Post

CaptainKirk - Am I the only one that thinks Boetsch is a tougher fight?
No. He's also the tougher fighter. I also believe either boetsch or Omani would beat the monkey spit out of le, and so would bisping. Phone Post

What if Boetsch beats Bisping? He still can't fuck with Silva...

After Bisping beats Boestch we'll still have to hear the "hes never beaten a top 10 opponent" even though Boestch is top 10 after finishing a consensus top 5 guy. Phone Post

Lol @ people hating on Mike for picking Tim instead of Cung Le .

amazing . Phone Post

CaptainKirk - Am I the only one that thinks Boetsch is a tougher fight?

I think you are.

Boetsch has been known to gas in every fight and has trouble making weight. Bisping has awesome cardio and no trouble making weight, he was fat at 205.

Mike is going to dance his way to another point decision, but thats ok. A win is a win

One more time - Bisping is cherrypicking here. Worse, he's being allowed to cherrypick by the UFC bookers. In what alternate universe does beating Boetsch put you closer to a title shot than beating Munoz? Yet he gives interviews dismissing Munoz's talents and bigging up Boetsch's to make it seem like he's being brave.

nightkap - It doesnt matter who Bisping beats. He cannot, would not, beat Andy! I honestly think unless Silva goes to LHW, he will never lose in the UFC.
These MW guys are either gonna have to drop to 170 or go up to LHW. Dont mean to jack the thread, but no....Bisping wont fight Andy anytime soon. Phone Post

True, and I would pay good money to see that level of embarrassment and humbling happen.

BrettAwesome - One more time - Bisping is cherrypicking here. Worse, he's being allowed to cherrypick by the UFC bookers. In what alternate universe does beating Boetsch put you closer to a title shot than beating Munoz? Yet he gives interviews dismissing Munoz's talents and bigging up Boetsch's to make it seem like he's being brave.
In the delusional mind of Bisping living on an island surrounded by yes men and fans telling him he is the greatest MMA fighter that ever lived he feels he must be a top contender. Anything less is mind bottling to him and his fans.

He's never been top ten and never will be. Winning a championship isn't even in the discussion. His fans should just pray that he'll beat a top ten fighter for the first time ever and then finally make it into a proper top ten ranking.

Anyone who thinks Boetsch is an easier fight than Cung Le is a moron.  The biggest win of Cung Le's career is an old and busted Frank Shamrock.  Boetsch has a win over a top five MW and did so in devastating fashion. 

Boetsch is also a top notch wrestler who can put Bisping on the floor and neutralize the Count's jab-and-jog tactics.  He also has solid footwork and cuts off the cage rather than just following his opponent around like a zombie (Chris Leben).  He can and will get Bisping into clinch range and from there he will summon the power of Crom and use his Redneck Judo to dump the Brit on his head.

Meanwhile, Cung is a guy who relies almost exclusively on fighting from kickboxing range, which is right in Bisping's comfort zone.  While Cung might be better at that range than Bisping, he is worse everywhere else.  In boxing range ... his hands are weak, in the clinch ... he only looks to disengage, on the mat ... he has no top game and is a fish on his back.  He will give Bisping a good fight as long as it stays in kickboxing range, but Bisping will destroy him once he closes enough distance to take kicks out of the equation.

No.

ausgepicht -  Since when do fighters determine whether they are in line for a title shot? Just concern yourself with beating a top ten fighter for the first time in your career. If you beat Boetsch you still wouldn't have beaten a top ten fighter and STILL undeserving of a title shot. Phone Post

Please name the ten fighters who are above Tim Boetsch in the MW world rankings....

stonepony - The only guy to challenge Anderson is Chael. Bottom line. The haters can hate, they can whine and cry. They can bitch and moan about Chael talking and talking, but, Chael is the guy. Chael haters are sad for trying to pretend that Anderson should be fighting people who can't compete.

Funny because Sonnen looked TERRIBLE against Bisping and many people thought he lost....yet you claim Bisping "can't compete". ;-)

Blazing Knees - 

I think you are.

Boetsch has been known to gas in every fight and has trouble making weight. Bisping has awesome cardio and no trouble making weight, he was fat at 205.

Mike is going to dance his way to another point decision, but thats ok. A win is a win

I think you missed the point. the question is not can Bisping beat Boetsch. The questionis who is a tougher opponent for Bisping, Boetsch of Cung Le.

Anyone who honestly believes Cung Le is a tougher fight is on some shit. Bispings two weaknesses appear to be big KO punches (Wandy/Hendo) and being taken down and controlled (Sonnen). Who can expose those more????

Lovetriscuit - 
Thacommish - 
Lovetriscuit - ie: I have seen Tim Boetsch gas. I'm scared of someone who went toe to toe w/ Silva.

...wtf fights were u watching... boetsch is the one who won in the 3rd round, le was the one that gassed and lost... fuck dude remember?!

Boestch has had problems gassing in the past - Bisping is a cardio machine - I think Bisping sees Boetsch as someone he could tire out - vs being much more afraid of Cung Le's striking.

I think Boestch is the harder fight, but I think Mike thinks Boestch is the easier fight in his eyes since he can outcardio/footwork him - vs Le whom has trickier stand up.

Lovetriscuit -
Thacommish - 
Lovetriscuit - ie: I have seen Tim Boetsch gas. I'm scared of someone who went toe to toe w/ Silva.

...wtf fights were u watching... boetsch is the one who won in the 3rd round, le was the one that gassed and lost... fuck dude remember?!

Boestch has had problems gassing in the past - Bisping is a cardio machine - I think Bisping sees Boetsch as someone he could tire out - vs being much more afraid of Cung Le's striking.

I think Boestch is the harder fight, but I think Mike thinks Boestch is the easier fight in his eyes since he can outcardio/footwork him - vs Le whom has trickier stand up.
This was my first thought. Phone Post

Blazing Knees -

I think you are.

you say that like it actually happens all the time . Bisping is a stoppage machine regardless of what you might think . Phone Post

How does beating Boetsch move you closer to a title shot? Le was a former champ who lost one mma fight qfter a long layoff. It would be a much more exciting fight and a harder fight for bisping and that's why he chose boetsch.

Bisping needs to fight someone like palhares or munoz. If he beats them... give him a shot. Hell, give him a shot now. I'd love to see another highlight reel ko. Phone Post