Bisping: DC will retire this year

You weren't supposed to say that Mike.

*"source" uum his latest podcast

i think he said maybe. i dont think he was spilling the beans

DC: “Bisping will not fight a top ten opponent this year, like he does every year. It’ll just be retirees, over 40 fighters, fighters not ranked in the top ten or past their prime.”

Not an outlandish statement. He’s not getting any younger and he has a tough time making 205. Unless he wants to have a money fight at HW the 205 division doesn’t have a lot left to offer him.

TheRealJoker - 

Not an outlandish statement. He’s not getting any younger and he has a tough time making 205. Unless he wants to have a money fight at HW the 205 division doesn’t have a lot left to offer him.

He has a tough time making 205 because he’s fat and doesn’t have the discipline to stop eating fried chicken and donuts while training and cutting weight. Same problem he had in the Olympics.

ausgepicht - DC: "Bisping will not fight a top ten opponent this year, like he does every year. It'll just be retirees, over 40 fighters, fighters not ranked in the top ten or past their prime."
Outside of Rockhold, Bisping has made a career outta gimmes while continuously getting smashed by the upper echelon of fighters. Also, a lot of gifted decisions.
FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

He has a tough time making 205 because he’s fat and doesn’t have the discipline to stop eating fried chicken and donuts while training and cutting weight. Same problem he had in the Olympics.

Fried chicken and doughnuts are good as fuck though

DisIsDeRiddumOfDeNite - 
FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

Fried chicken and doughnuts are good as fuck though

You don’t have to tell me that

ausgepicht - DC: "Bisping will not fight a top ten opponent this year, like he does every year. It'll just be retirees, over 40 fighters, fighters not ranked in the top ten or past their prime."

Bisping has earnt his stripes IMO

if he has been clever crafting the longevity of his career then good for him

He's doing movies, getting gigs on Fox and folks will flock to any gym or seminar he establishes or holds 

Rabid Bunyip - 

He's doing movies, getting gigs on Fox and folks will flock to any gym or seminar he establishes or holds 

And that’s great. Good for him. I was a huge fan (and still am) and was so happy he KO’d Rockhold. However what he did after that will always have him go down as the most pathetic champ in UFC history. Hopefully he made his money and doesn’t care but that’s his champ legacy now.

Is there any other champ in the history of the UFC who defended twice, and both defenses were guys not ranked in the top 10? I’m not even going to get into one of them being a retired guy new to the division.

1/20/2018 to be exact. In no time.

FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

That seems like a bit of an over reaction for a guy that reliably makes 205, don’t you think?

I'd like to see him at HW again, too... if that's what you meant.

jgiveshead - 
FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

That seems like a bit of an over reaction for a guy that reliably makes 205, don’t you think?

Reliably? He nearly died because he was overweight and tried to cut too much back in 2008. He missed the Olympics and was out of competition for a year.

He then was seen by every MMA fan cheating to make weight versus Rumble by pushing down on the towel.

In neither case was he ripped with low body fat. He’s overweight because of his poor diet. Watch the video of his Olympic buddies in the van. They are making fun of him for hit awful diet.

Funny Bisping seems to be talking about himself.

FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

Thought it was cake and chicken. That video haunts me.

FrontBroRian -
jgiveshead - 
FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

Reliably? He nearly died because he was overweight and tried to cut too much back in 2008. He missed the Olympics and was out of competition for a year.

He then was seen by every MMA fan cheating to make weight versus Rumble by pushing down on the towel.

In neither case was he ripped with low body fat. He’s overweight because of his poor diet. Watch the video of his Olympic buddies in the van. They are making fun of him for hit awful diet.

I hear ya dude about the Olympics.  In 2008.  Ten years ago.

I think he should have been punished for towelgate... like, stripped of the title.  But aside from that, that's the only time he's nearly missed weight in his whole MMA career.  As in, he's never officially missed weight his whole career.  Statistically speaking, everyone has a near-miss with weight in MMA at some point in their career... it's just the nature of the business.  I sort of feel like you're unfairly singling him out.  The guy's never actually missed weight in MMA.  Ten years!  Let the man eat whatever the fuck he wants until then. 

I just think there's all kinds of habitual weight missers, let's use our pitchforks and torches on them. 

Rabid Bunyip - 

I’m glad for the guy _ I hope his success continues and he makes even more money.

But it doesn’t change what he REALLY is to true MMA fans that know better. He was crafted for one thing and BLAF knew it and he knew it. They made a LOT of money together.

That’s because most people are stupid and gullible. I don’t feel any sympathy for those punters being separated from their money.

There are those, however, that are not gullible and vastly more intelligent who see through nonsense and bullshit. Sometimes it’s hard to be in a society with so many stupid, gullible people. It’s a struggle.

jgiveshead - 
FrontBroRian -
jgiveshead - 
FrontBroRian -
TheRealJoker - 

I hear ya dude about the Olympics.  In 2008.  Ten years ago.

I think he should have been punished for towelgate... like, stripped of the title.  But aside from that, that's the only time he's nearly missed weight in his whole MMA career.  As in, he's never officially missed weight his whole career.  Statistically speaking, everyone has a near-miss with weight in MMA at some point in their career... it's just the nature of the business.  I sort of feel like you're unfairly singling him out.  The guy's never actually missed weight in MMA.  Ten years!  Let the man eat whatever the fuck he wants until then. 

I just think there's all kinds of habitual weight missers, let's use our pitchforks and torches on them. 

He missed weight for that fight. i agree with you he should have been stripped.

Can you name another UFC champ, in it’s 20+ year history, that missed weight or cheated to make weight? I can think of Fihlo in the WEC, but no one from the UFC, ever.

And regarding his 10 year MMA career (it’s actually only been 8), only 3.5 years have been at LWH with a total of 7 fights. So he’s missed weight/cheated 1/7 times. Those aren’t great odds.

DC has to be held at the same standards as everyone else, DC can get as fat as he wants tho… Jones’s shadow will always cover him no matter what.