BJ: "GSP doesn't want to fight A Silva. Why?"

Penn dominated Florian....to my surprise

GSPisGOD - I don't know what fight you were all watching. BJ looked lost for the first three rounds. Kenny was elusive and had a good game plan, and BJ was probably feeling all the Big Macs he was eating instead of training. Penn got lucky, if it would have went to decision, KFlo would have won that belt.

It takes a special brand of stupidity to be a BJ Penn fan.

It's one thing to be a fan and it's another thing to be a fanatic who's opinion can't be taking seriously. BJ destroyed Kenflo. It was lopsided.

inf0 - I'm a fan of both and I love hearing BJ say this because I've spent the last little while saying the exact same shit. Sure, GSP fans are quick to point out how badly BJ lost that fight.. but do they realize how badly GSP would lose to Anderson Silva... or Dan Henderson??? Jesus. He would get fucking annihilated. If the fight ever happens against either Dan or Anderson, look out...

I will love to see the GSP fanboys try and criticize BJ's performances a weight class up afterwards.

BJ is a 155lber who fought the absolute BEST a weightclass up..... and lasted longer than some 170lb top contenders... that is no small accomplishment in my books. Just the balls alone it takes to try something like that.. enormous stones.

I think it's hilarious how underestimated BJ Penn is around here. Hell, half of this place was picking Kenny Florian to beat him for fuck sakes!?

Sherk should be the litmus test of 155lbs. If you can't beat him, you'll never be champion. If you beat him, you MIGHT have a shot.

everything this good man just stated

inf0 - 
GSPisGOD - That's why it took BJ three rounds to gain any advantage on him.

BJ gonna lose against Sanchez friends, and lose big.

You have to be kidding.

BJ was seeing what Kenny had in his bag of tricks.. when he realized all Kenny brought to the ring was a bicycle, he just pushed him off and went for a joyride around the block... right after slapping a playing card in the spokes and rollin no fuckin hands..

Haha well put! And yeah, anyone who actually thinks that fight was close is delusional. Kenny didn't succeed with a single thing in that fight, while BJ pretty much succeeded with everything.

Aoki!

bj penn is obsessed with GSP

"GSP doesn't want to fight A Silva. Why?"

Because he is smart.

Gullivers Travels - BJ just can't accept the fact that GSP beat him and will do it again simply because he's a better fighter. BJ wants GSP to move up and lose to Anderson since he can't beat him Georges himself. Though, I think GSP could beat Silva.

Not only are you a GSP nuthugger, You haven't even read the article

daba - 
GSPisGOD - I don't know what fight you were all watching. BJ looked lost for the first three rounds. Kenny was elusive and had a good game plan, and BJ was probably feeling all the Big Macs he was eating instead of training. Penn got lucky, if it would have went to decision, KFlo would have won that belt.

It takes a special brand of stupidity to be a BJ Penn fan.

It's one thing to be a fan and it's another thing to be a fanatic who's opinion can't be taking seriously. BJ destroyed Kenflo. It was lopsided.
Oh the ironing!

Let's be honest: if gsp were truly interested in challenging himself, he probably wouldn't have gyno. He probably wouldn't have been accused by basically everyone he's fought in the ufc of greasing, etc.

Neither gsp nor anderson is much of a draw, so he'd rather make the same money beating swick or hardy in a min or two rather than getting raped up by silva in the same amount of time. Can't say that I blame him.

Deus ex Machida - Let's be honest: if gsp were truly interested in challenging himself, he probably wouldn't have gyno. He probably wouldn't have been accused by basically everyone he's fought in the ufc of greasing, etc.

Neither gsp nor anderson is much of a draw, so he'd rather make the same money beating swick or hardy in a min or two rather than getting raped up by silva in the same amount of time. Can't say that I blame him.
VTFD

------------------------------------

Close

Your vote has been cast.

BJ is a lightweight who has fought the current ww and lhw champions. I have no doubt he'd fight Brock and Silva if given the chance.

MolsonMuscles - Why is BJ Penn STILL talking about GSP?

he's got the riddum in his head!

Has BJ fought Kenny twice? Because it must be the fight I didn't see where BJ struggled.

LilBrockonmychest -  Out of the current title holders, BJ has fought up, Anderson has fought up, Lyoto wants to fight up (Sherdog front page today).  Looks like a trend of competitive  athletes that want to test themselves.

And some of you are butthurt that BJ answered a question when asked and said he was surprised GSP hasn't done it yet/ asked for it.  If anything GSP is the one who has completely cleared out his division and there is no legit #1 contender.  He should go up too

TTT for a great potential fight

at 155lbs the only person who will beat BJ is BJ---if he is not in the mood to fight he MIGHT lose. He played with Kenny until his corner said---hey, Kenny has been tryinf for 3 rounds to get a takedown---just take him down and finish the fight---and he did

gsp is one of the few guys i see that can beat a.silva at middleweight... but i give that fight to silva at this point.

... i still think a.silva vs. fedor would be an interesting match (would have happened in pride by now i bet).

i see a.silva getting by ANYONE in the LHW division aside from machida with relative ease... which does make a case for a HW bout at some point... but i'd like to see andy gain some weight in muscle for that, nut just basic bodyweight...

fedor by submission (because he would probably get knocked down by andy). but anderson could pull it off if anyone could... aside from super heavys like brock...

GSPisGOD - I hope BJ gets his ass handed to him by Sanchez. After watching him struggle against Florian, it seems more than likely that he'll lose his belt and I will LMFAO at that over-rated, spoiled little sore loser.

hahahahahaha

Kenny tapped. After holding on for dear life the whole fight.

wtf more do you want?

lol

Florian did a lot better that most people suggested he would.