BJ Penn will train with Jose Aldo for Edgar Fight

NicolasExitBJJ - 
LittleC - I don't think people realize how different the food is in Brazil. 145 might be a hard weight cut in Hawaii, not so much in Rio.

So much fresh fruits and juices, acia, lean meats, not a lot of calories and shit carbs in their food.

Just the temperature in Brazil, training in that hot ass Nova Uniao room he will be sweating more weight off then usual.

Training partners- Could you ask for a better team? Even Alpha does not have two ufc champs, and then there are all the up and comers training out of there as well.

Coaches- Dede already has studied Frankie for the Aldo fight, so I'm sure he will have a great game plan put together for Penn. Imagine that, if BJ comes in with an actual game plan instead of just trying to "be first".

On top of that, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a three rounder. Penn Edgar III isn't something I'd expect to main event something, it would make a solid co main though. If anybody knows better please correct.

People are terribly under estimating Penn from the Diaz and Rory fights. Do you guys remember BJ Penn double legging Fitch two or three times?

healthier food in Rio? you ever heard of churrascaria? brazilians (like all latinos) love eating shit food. not everybody down there is a juice sipping health freak. and I don't think the climate is that much different from hawaii either. other than that, you're right about the coaching and training partners. great choice by BJ.

Yeah bro, but even Churrascarias are healthy compared to his Hawaiin diet, they are just meat. Sure there are a few other things but not many un healthy things to stuff your face. If Beej can avoid the pastries on every corner thoug, lol. But seriously, I was in Rio for two months and there are very few fatties compared to the US.

Maybe it's different for others but I dropped like 7 pounds fairly quick just from the difference in food.

I just got the chills. War Baby J Phone Post 3.0

Sounds motivated....IN!!!! Phone Post 3.0

great move for bj Phone Post

Willin - 
Malvert the Janitor -
Willin - Cool move but let's be honest. They're not going to be able to remake the wheel. BJ hasn't fought in how long? He has to cut how much weight? Plus some people seem to think his arsenal will improve dramatically from this? Doubtful. They'll just be getting him back into decent fighting shape. Phone Post
Lol at the myth of him "cutting" down to 145 from his present weight. He'll diet down to about 160 and cut from there, if not lower.

There's a great YouTube video of BJ training for the Pulver 2 fight when he's down to 162 several weeks out of the fight...he promptly goes to stuff his face with junk food to "stop his metabolism in its tracks." Had he kept training and dieting he would have continued to lose weight.

Here's the mobile URL if anyone cares to find it and embed...can't from my phone.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLk9bRCSNg0 Phone Post 3.0

Regardless he's going to be at Nova for 3 months? Nothing much is going to change. Phone Post

Having coaches that will actually develop a strategy will be a huge difference IMO.

This is a bad fight for Penn. If you look at his career he does better against bigger, slower opponents. Going down in weight he is only going to face faster, more conditioned guys. Edgar wins this one.

I wonder if his ego/legend will allow him to get in a good training camp this time around. Phone Post 3.0

Is this going to be motivated bj? I hope so. Phone Post