BJJ in the Prison...

bLASFAMOUS, not a problem man. I know how crazy some shit sounds. I'm glad whoever it was, looked up and posted that article. Now I dont have to argue about whether or not I made this crazy shit up.

Isn't there some tent city prison in Arizona?

ttt

ChadK,

Thanks for your support and you are correct, safer for the prisoners is safer for those who have to guard and keep watch over them. It would be a win-win situation but as you say, I don't think more money funded to the prison industry for better treatment of both the prisoners and guards etc would ever fly. The general public has an image of the average prisoner as if they are complete toilet scum of the earth who should be forced to live in the most deplorable conditions imaginable to supposedly teach them some virtue of right & wrong. Many times prisoners who were not particularly dangerous or violent when they begin actually become far worse due to the deplorable prison environment, an environment which sucks for them and sucks for you as well. As we know, retributive justice isn't working that well and it is only common sense that angry, hateful prisoners = dangerous prisoners which in turn = dangerous for the officers who need to guard them. It is strange that a society that is so prejudiced against people who are serving time isn't more sympathetic towards the people like yourself who have to guard the extremely dangerous ones. I feel for you, there must be a constant sense of tension and subsequent relief when another work day goes by and you're at home safe and sound.

Take Care

PS I thought the Marvin story was a lie too until I saw a link to it lol... it just seems so unbelievable and shocking/depressing that such a person would continually be able to victimize fellow inmates and also be an extreme danger to the officers as well. The world is full or injustice..

note to self: carefully obey all laws while in colorado.

That guy Marvin should be brutalized by a bigger man and see how that sick bastard likes it. I bet he has never faced anyone that is bigger, stronger, crazier than him, what a reaction he would have. Monsters like that makes me sad for the human race...

chadk: How do you guys keep your sanity working with such scum? I mean some of these guys are downright not human. I mean doesn't it drive you to the point of insanity where u just want to take out your billy club and beat their brains in? A Profession I could never handle thats for sure.

" Gray insists the two were good friends. "I have come to his rescue a few times," he claims. "Mervin has a chip on his shoulder. He's egotistical. I was trying to school him, help him learn right from wrong. His worst enemy is himself. "

LMAO at the MOFO Gayle teaching anybody right from wrong

GrdStorm, you cant take this shit personally or it will eat you up emotionally. I get my bad days occassionally, and have posted about them from time to time, but you learn to detach yourself. You have to.

Subenemsteve, in all honesty, before he decided that he had to kill an officer in order to get the death penalty, Marvin was as respectfull and well behaved in front of us as any inmate could be.

Now having said that, I realize that he was merely trying to manipulate us and the system, but that's normal behavior inside. Nor would I, or anyone else with half a brain, ever turn my back to him. Never!