BJJ in the Prison...

ttt

The guy served 5 years on a 16 year senctance for murder????? Even after he raped a guy in prison??? That is screwed up.

He is the reason prisoners make shivs

TTT

Sam Pie would destroy his groin.

I work at a max. security prison, most inmates have very little combative skill, but rely on swarming (many on to one guy) or surprize attackes with weapons (shanks, shivs, garrots or pipes) to assault their enemies. IMO very cowardly and demonstrates little skill but psychopathic tendencies.

Oyama

Oyama is right. The majority of inmates are straight up punks, with no skills whatsoever. Most fights start within plain view of the Deputies or CO's specifically because they dont really want to fight, but they dont want to look like a punk either.

They figure we'll break things up before either of them gets their ass beat too badly, and they wont come off looking like they were afraid.

I usually let them bang for a minute or so before I call it in, unless one of them is getting absolutely destroyed.

First, it often clears the air and eases the tensions in the tier. Secondly, I figure it's much safer to break up two tired fighters than it is two fresh ones.

Ideally, I'd let them have it out, as long as it was one on one and no weapons were allowed. However, these people aren't like most of us.

We'd likely stop pounding a guy once he stopped fighting back, but some of these guys want to maim you in a fight. If you stop resisting, that just makes it all that much easier to achieve. Impulse control isn't a strong trait behind bars.

Also, these guys are weasels and opportunists. Even if they started the fight, many would sue the shit out of the govt, dept, and you if given the opportunity.

Cant you just hear "My client was mercilessly pummeled into unconsciouness, while Deputy ChadK sat by and watched. We're asking for $100 million in damages."?

phatboy & Dougie...I would show him the sting of Chinese fists and blast him with my Chi. No way would I lose to a big punk like that. What he would do to me if he won the fight, would certainly be extra motivation not to lose.

Since I have no plans on going to jail, it won't happen. How would you deal with him?

Gary Hughes

It's a flaw in the system that your rights are that well protected if you are in the can for rape or murder. I can't think of anything worse then being in, but if a guy tries to rape another guy and he loses a couple of teeth he shouldn't be able to sue.
IMO.

Everyone's basic human rights should be protected, whether they are in prison or not. Not everyone is in prison for rape and premediated murder and that they can be exposed to such brutality and humiliation and be met with a complete lack of sympathy from the public is truly astounding. He should definitely sue the state for those guards who who callously set him up as a lamb to be slaughtered.

No one becomes inhuman once they happen to be in prison and as such they should have the same basic rights as everyone else. I'm not an apologist and everyone who is incarcerated should do their time and serve their debt to society but how the general public can blatantly disregard the humanity of all those who are incarcerated is severe prejudice. I'm not attacking anyone or singling anyone out in general with this post so I hope no one feels that they are attacked but most of us on this forum have done things which *could* potentially land us in the big house, would we want the general public to feel about us as we now feel about prisoners? Of course not.

Not everyone who is in prison for drug dealing, theft, assault and even murder in certain instances, is a horrible person. There is a difference between a vicious predatory monster(as Marvin Gray definitely appears to be) and someone whom lacks impulse control and for that, they happened to get caught.

We have either just been smart enough to not get caught OR lucky enough. Again I'm not saying that there are any murderers, rapists, car thieves etc here but often the differences we feel(that comfort our egos) from those who are incarcerated are illusionary. We just may have had a second longer of impulse control than they. This doesn't make us good guys and it doesn't make them bad.

Kind Regards Everyone.

That guy Marvin Gray looks like a scary mo` fo!

"Kind Regards Everyone."------ Now that is classic pussy.

I won't even go into the rest of it because it is horseshit. I have had close family locked up, in fact my Brother was killed in Jail. Found hung in his cell. Would have been ruled suicide if he had not lived long enough for the story of bruises to tell otherwise. The billy club marks etc. Truth of it all, and he would agree with me, you fuck around and go to jail then you are at risk and your life now sucks. If it was not that way then you would probably fuck around more. Prison is cave man world. You are always on your toes, never able to let your guard down and you did something to deserve being sent there. Seems about right to me.

Jimmy23 = an idiot that wets his pants at the thought looking cool on the internet by calling somebody kkm. Go change your maxipad kid.

ttt for chadk good stories

"you did something to deserve being sent there"

Contrary to popular opinion, there are people who are falsely accused and imprisioned. This is a very small percentage, but there are people tried and convicted by a jury, who are later cleared when further evidence is dug up.

Another! Another!!!

*makes mental note: if attacked in prison, immediately go to guard - preferably chadk or one of his badass colleagues, but any guard will do*

Joe Ray, that is him, but he's since shaved his head and has put on weight. Dont know the Mervin guy, but I deal with lots & lots of people throughout the year. Oh yeah, I dont work in a prison. I am a Deputy Sheriff.

Justice League, well written post man. The funny thing is, that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would like to see safer conditions "inside" than the people who work there. If it's dangerous to the inmates, then it's dangerous to us too.

I am unarmed and greatly outnumbered whenever I am inside the jail. It's even worse for the CO's assigned to the prisons. I have a good portion of those I deal with who are there for "minor" shit, but almost everyone the CO"s deal with are "hardcore" criminals.

Corrections guys deal with more felons everyday, than most cops and deputies do in years. They are a seriously underappreciated profession. I'm fortunate in that even if I have to deal with pyscho's, it's usually short term. CO's deal with them for years and years.

Back to my original point though. CO's in prisons and Deputies in jails all want safer environments. The problem is that there's no public support, nor money allotted towards building these modern, safer facilities.

Most of the facilities are overcrowded (causing tension), poorly constructed (blind spots, etc) and undermanned (hard to find people able and willing to handle the stress of this environment).

Nobody wants their tax dollars going towards building these facilities when schools are bad, roads are shitty, and taxes are already too high.

Nor do most care about the conditions that inmates live in, or realize (or care) that their officers, deputies, and CO's are at greater risk because of the conditions. In fact, women I meet almost all assume that when I come in off the street, I walk right in with my weapon on. They cant believe it when I tell them I have to check it into a locker, before entering.

Know and believe that every cop in a city jail, every deputy at a county jail, and every CO in a prison, would love to have the safest, most modern facility available. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't work out that way.

chadk, my bad i just read that artical and it's still hard to believe. I have never seen or heard any thing like that,And i was locked-up at one of the worst prisons in the state of Texas.

does anyone have any hotsauce my foot is too salty.

Duce to all the ones Tango Blasting- Houstone til i die.