BJJ @ MSU_Lansing

Torres is in jail.

Sam is still around!

MSU Judo has come a LONG way forward ever since Joern Dittmann arrived, who is the man. Arrived from Berlin last year, great instructor and great fighter.

The problem with getting it done on campus is as follows:

One, the judo room will be extremely difficult because of two reasons; the schedule for that room is jam packed full AND you have to have Mr. Kim's approval to use it, which he won't give.

Two, basement of IM West is tough to get because of karate guys being witness to some thug jiu jitsu punks, who I will not mention, beating the shit out of some completely new guys who didn't know shit. Ever since then, they are very much against having anybody doing any grappling down there.

Three, there isn't really anywhere else with mats and sufficient space.

Now, Paul (awesome guard) is running some jiu jitsu (gi and no gi) at the Judo school on Grand River, next to Subway. I'm not sure how its going for him, last I heard he was only running classes on Fridays.

Sam Wells, Kyle, and some others are training in Holt at a Korean school (VERY cool head instructor there) but Sam would not be interested in putting the pajamas on.

That's the reality of the situation, I wish you luck though - it would be AWESOME to have an actual jiu jitsu school in EL.

BOBBYDANGER,

Who are you? I was at the club during that time.

Hey Pat, where is Sam's school in Holt?

It's on Cedar and Willoughby (or something like that).

Behind the Krogers. I think it says Korean karate or something.

Cool, that is a lot closer for me than going up to dewitt to the kickboxing place.

Do you know when they train?

I moved to Detroit so I'm not sure what the schedule is now.

You can email Sam:

sam.wells@eds.com

TTT for CLINT AND TEAM JORGE GURGEL @ MSU

up top

ttt....

Bounce.

I think some of you on this thread are being rude and disrespectful, Clint Crabtree and TEAM JORGE GURGEL are trying to get some quality BJJ on the MSU campus, and instead of telling us all the reasons it will never happen how about showing some support for the team and the sport. Clint has rolled on everything from bare floors , to carpet, to top of the line mats. I am sure they will be able to find a place to train, and get this club up and running.
I think it is rude to mention other instructors like What about.. so and so and where are so and so.. this thread is about CLINT CRABTREE and TEAM JORGE GURGEL starting a BJJ club at MSU.
so TTT

LMAO

No one is telling Clint reasons it will never happen.

I'm trying to give him fair warning of the problems he might encounter ON CAMPUS, since I have direct experience with this.

I actually hope he's able to pull it through and get an awesome club started.

It is most definitely NOT rude to mention other people in the area who would be interested in joining Clint's club. In fact, it is vital to mention people who are already into jiu jitsu or grappling in general, they may be able to help.

TTT

tttttt

Here we go!!!!

Great news...I just received word that we have been accepted by the University as an offical club on MSU campus...we should know Monday days, times and location of the training...

Clint

Yea!! Way to go boys!.....Is it time to make shirts?? :)

Let's make those suckers!!!!!!!

I call dibs on being the first official member of the club!!!!1