BJJ over 50

When is the tournament and where?

See the thread titled "Smokey Mtn. Grappling Tourney"

ttt

ttt

We need more and more tournaments for people our age....

Ok where are the over 50 guys and gals? Now that is a good question, how many women are there out here who train BJJ that are over 40 or even over 50?

I have been at the Budweiser tournament in NC, pretty good sized tournament and there are only 8 to 10 (180lbs +-) guys rolling at blue belt level over the age of 30. I am 49 now so I was giving up a good 15 years or more to most of them. So there doesn't appear to be a lot of us out there.

"When Pedro Sauer showed this variation to us, he locked his instep and heel on the guys hips while holding sleves to prevent the back out. Then he reacted with an attack depending on how the guy tried to move. I don't have the whole game down. Just thought you might try it out."

Hey, can you give me some examples of what he did from this position? It was one I was working on before I dislocated my shoulder :)

Oh, and here's to another 20 years in the sport for all of you!

It is a shame that we do not have any tournaments for just old geizers.

This thread smells like Ben Gay and mothballs!

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It may smell but we are still training...lol...

I use Bio Freeze... It is the best for sore muscles. It does not smell as
bad... lol

freestyle_judo: He just showed it briefly in response to a question about what position to go to when you know your guard is about to be broken open. He made a comment about working from there. I will see him on the 18th in Knoxville for a seminar and ask for some details then. It's something I'm interested in as well.

ttt

Gaittec, if you will - e-mail me with options from there once you get them - jiudomindtricks@yahoo.com.au.

Many thanks!

will do

ttt

Has anyone that runs a school ever thought of just having a class for just the old guys? I know that 50 and over might not work, but it could be a class for just 40 yr. old and over. I think you might get more of us older guys.

ttt