Bjj politics

What school in your opinion has the most politics? Also have you ever been threatened by an old instructor about putting you on the blacklist etc....? Phone Post

Alliance. Phone Post 3.0

What school / organization does not have politics? When you put a group of people in any setting, politics sooner or later will come into play. That's just human nature I guess.

I think any place you have a group mentality you have it: Bjj, tkd, churches even or non profits... whatever.

I've heard stuff about most major teams. Most being alliance.

I always take it with a grain of salt Phone Post 3.0

How are the gracie schools? Phone Post

Politics are everything that bjj should not be about, the ego. Phone Post

Look at marcelo, all are welcomed in his gym. Aintnobodygottimefodat. Gif Phone Post

cross3dout - Alliance. Phone Post 3.0

Really? Could you say more Phone Post

Akston - Politics are everything that bjj should not be about, the ego. Phone Post
Well said. Phone Post 3.0

Akston - 

Well said! I haven’t trained at any Gracie Academies. I am curious if the politics are strong at Gracie schools. A lot of the top guys are training with non-affiliates schools. Take Miyao brothers training at Mendes bros (ATOS). This is a great topic that doesn’t talk about much.

Goonies Top Team - 
Akston - 

Well said! I haven’t trained at any Gracie Academies. I am curious if the politics are strong at Gracie schools. A lot of the top guys are training with non-affiliates schools. Take Miyao brothers training at Mendes bros (ATOS). This is a great topic that doesn’t talk about much.

Wasn't there the rumor with that though that Galvao made a stink about that?

Does anyone have any personal experiences? I would like to know cause I hear alot about it but I dont have this problem where I train. Phone Post

joe_mama -
Goonies Top Team - 
Akston - 

Yup Andre was pissed didn't want them there, Rafa told him tough they're staying. Phone Post 3.0

yea, alliance - brasa - checkmat. hard to believe that started 10 years ago,

cross3dout -
joe_mama -
Goonies Top Team - 
Akston -  Politics are everything that bjj should not be about, the ego. Phone Post

Yup Andre was pissed didn't want them there, Rafa told him tough they're staying. Phone Post 3.0

Who wouldnt be pissed if they have to go against their students from the same school. They didnt even join the team Phone Post

What's the deal with Miyao Bros-Galvao-Mendes Bros? Phone Post 3.0

GayGuardMooseSaucy - What's the deal with Miyao Bros-Galvao-Mendes Bros? Phone Post 3.0
Miyaos are from Cisero-Costa (sp) they went to AOJ in perpetration for the Pans and worlds (similar style and size to the Mendes bros). Andre was not happy, Keenan had recently joined the school and they had a fierce rivalry and were likely to meet in the worlds ( we all know how that went). Andre told the Mendes bros to tell then to go, the Bros said no. According to one source I spoke with it got so bad at one point that AOJ almost broke away from Atos. Things seem ok now, Rafa just faced Paulo in ADCC and defeated him 2-0. Phone Post 3.0

cross3dout -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - What's the deal with Miyao Bros-Galvao-Mendes Bros? Phone Post 3.0
Miyaos are from Cisero-Costa (sp) they went to AOJ in perpetration for the Pans and worlds (similar style and size to the Mendes bros). Andre was not happy, Keenan had recently joined the school and they had a fierce rivalry and were likely to meet in the worlds ( we all know how that went). Andre told the Mendes bros to tell then to go, the Bros said no. According to one source I spoke with it got so bad at one point that AOJ almost broke away from Atos. Things seem ok now, Rafa just faced Paulo in ADCC and defeated him 2-0. Phone Post 3.0
VU. I thought the Miyaos trained at AOJ on the regular. Who are they under? I'm not sure I understand why Galvao was even upset, Keenan had defeated them multiple times and was new to Galvao's team. If his training is done at Atos and the Miyaos wanted to prepare at AOJ, would they even cross paths? Seems silly Phone Post 3.0

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
cross3dout -
VU. I thought the Miyaos trained at AOJ on the regular. Who are they under? I'm not sure I understand why Galvao was even upset, Keenan had defeated them multiple times and was new to Galvao's team. If his training is done at Atos and the Miyaos wanted to prepare at AOJ, would they even cross paths? Seems silly Phone Post 3.0

All politics are silly.

Compared to a decade ago, the BJJ world now is like Disneyland where everyone gets along and its almost ok to visit unaffiliated academies.

We can thank the proliferation of the art outside of Brazil for that.

Atos SD and AOJ crosstrain for tournaments regularly. That was likely why there was an issue. They are all Black Belts now so I guess it doesnt matter at this point. Phone Post