black belt? vs. blue belt? - guess who wins?

markus -
Zenoplata - 
markus - the east coast is know for fraudulent belts.

rename this...blue belt dojo storms fake black belt....

Yeah... all those frauds like Renzo Gracie and Ricardo Almeida. Who gave THOSE guys BBs? Amirite?

no...i mean...dave vannest, dave lang, dave hartsook, lonnie phillips, and scott shields.

Hi, no idea who you are, but I was lurking on the thread about a blue belt vs a black belt and took note that you called my instructor David Vannest a fake black belt.

Despite giving the community the proverbial middle finger years ago when he wasn't a part of the Bjj ranking system, Dave went back and humbly put on a blue belt and worked his way up to black belt legitly since despite being skilled, he was not officially ranked before then in Bjj.

Dave just last year won a black belt super fight despite being 40 yrs old at the time down in Tennessee.

I've been training with Dave for 13 years and everything he taught me stood up to the test vs any other legitly ranked guys my students have competed against using the same system Dave taught me before he even bothered to get legit ranking.

Respected people who have nothing to do with our lineage or ranks have come forward to attest to the fact that Dave is legitly skilled.

I just thought this warrented my time to stop a write this message, since you're throwing his name out there. Phone Post

poober - Nobody is trolling. I'm sure if you got the BB on here after he watched the video he'd say the same thing. He didn't look at all like a black belt.

That being said, yeah he could have been dead tired and that's why he looked so bad. I've been there in a competition and hope the video never surfaces!

No, I don't think anybody was trolling, but perhaps this says something about how easy it is to misjudge someone based on watching one video (especially in one where the black belt loses to a lower belt) and how it might be best to hold back claims of fraudulence until there is more evidence.

poober - Nobody is trolling. I'm sure if you got the BB on here after he watched the video he'd say the same thing. He didn't look at all like a black belt.

That being said, yeah he could have been dead tired and that's why he looked so bad. I've been there in a competition and hope the video never surfaces!

No, I don't think anybody was trolling, but perhaps this says something about how easy it is to misjudge someone based on watching one video (especially in one where the black belt loses to a lower belt) and how it might be best to hold back claims of fraudulence until there is more evidence.