BLAF says they spend 20 million a year on fighter safety but

These looked much better on TV. Those look like garbage in the pic.

2 Likes

yeah-im-a-detective-juliet-ohara

1 Like

Maybe he.meant save,not spend.

1 Like

That’s the thing, they look good but they really aren’t anything special

2 Likes

I posted a few more pics

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/ufc-gloves-vs-bellator-eagle-pfl/3731342/3

2 Likes

I don’t care if it’s Trevor’s or whomever, but the UFC needs to improve their gloves and Trevor’s are the best on the market right now.

Doesn’t the UFC have an R&D dept for this?

1 Like

What are the materials and padding like?

If it’s just the same cheap padding that is a problem but it looks like they moved the padding to the knuckles at least and less on the back of the hand down by the wrist.

Do they really? Or what?

What are you basing this on? An old Joe Rogan interview where Trevor hypes his stuff up? Doesnt aeem like Trevor’s gloves are even on the market right now.

For someone stressing that the ufc needs new gloves you sure dont have very much information and askna lot of questions you should already know. Almost seems like you saw $20 million in the article title and just wanted to argue about Dana notnspending enoughbon fighters.

Obviously you did not real the thread or you would have seen the issue the current gloves have and how better design and materials would benefit all.

But that’s ok, you’re just a troll who isn’t a fan of the sport.

5 Likes

The Office Boom GIF

2 Likes

Dana will go down as one of the most successful promoters of all time and it’s because he doesn’t really give a shit about things like safety or pay.

New gloves cost money.
Thats the end of the argument.

2 Likes

You’re acting like eye pokes are a plague that can be solved with special gloves. If you actually check the numbers theyve been way down since the last round of rule changes. Think about the last time Jon Jones eye gouged anyone. Its been a few years.

How often do you hear fighters complain about gloves? Just focus on that before replying.

1 Like

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
I see what you did there

7 Likes

Shhh…im working here. :wink:

2 Likes

You don’t know.

…and yes, that was well done.

1 Like

No, i dont know what you hear which is why i asked. Youre avoiding answering trlls me all i need to know.

1 Like

They are okay. But they are also inconsistent) example 2 large pairs won’t be the exact same size) I really question the quality. Some feel heavier than others

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

Why is this coming up again? Was there a bad eye poke that I missed, or some public comments from Dana that I missed? Or is one of the dudes posting above a guy who sells gloves on the side?

It would cost very little money for the UFC to change gloves. They could take any one of the curved pairs to whomever makes their gloves and say “make us something similar” and it would take no time at all, and wouldn’t cost much more than they pay right now.

Even if they paid $50 per pair of gloves (they won’t) and they have 15 fights this weekend (they always have less) and they give every guy 3 pairs of gloves, we’re talking about $4500 per event. If they’re not changing the gloves, there has to be a reason behind it. Maybe they don’t think eye pokes are that bad, or maybe they’re hearing from guys that those gloves make the grappling so hard that it changes the sport and gives a major advantage to strikers. I have no idea what the right answer is, but the UFC isn’t cheaping out on gloves. If they changed them, it would still be one of their smallest expenses. I doubt the gloves would cost much more than they already pay for gloves, and they could rip off a curved design by the weekend if they wanted to.

1 Like