BloodyElbow: I'm glad Frankie got robbed

Might be the worst piece of "journalism" I have ever seen at this link:

http://mobile.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/12/3237467/ufc-150-results-im-glad-frankie-edgar-got-robbed

Here's a small piece:

"Heed the call Frankie, move on down to Featherweight where maybe you'll have the heft and muscle to force a stoppage on opponents instead of sending it to the judges.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Ben Henderson defend his title against Nate Diaz. I'm even happier that I don't have to worry about whatever skilled, subtle and nuanced approach Frankie Edgar would take to sucking all the fun out of Diaz' Stockton Brawl style and making sure the judges have a hard decision to render.

Good luck at Featherweight Frankie, fans of the Lightweight division won't miss you."

It really sucks because I know Crook does amazing interviews for that site, but after such an unprofessional pile of garbage article like that I will never read their site again. Great job, Nate Wilcox. Phone Post

Bad piece but I agree he needs to go down to FW I dont enjoy watching him at LW anymore. Phone Post

Ben Henderson is one of the biggest LWs in the sport, why has he so far been 100% unable to "force a stoppage" in the UFC, including against a guy Frankie stopped in the first round?

Is it a surprise that BloodyVagina published a shitty article?

Haole - thats an editorial broham, its not reporting or 'journalism'

That's a good point, but it's from someone who fancies the self a journalist and is a regular contributor on that site. It wasn't a guest piece. Phone Post

I agree with the article. i hate Edgar's style. It's made for confusing decisions. That's why he has so many rematches.

kinkle - Is it a surprise that BloodyVagina published a shitty article?

. Phone Post

I don't think Nate Wilcox is even with Bloodyelbow anymore, he just writes the occasional piece for them I think. A lot of times they get editorial garbage like this (I'm assuming, I haven't read the article), but they also have Dallas' breakdowns, Crooklyn's interviews, the judo chops, Jack Slack's stuff, and the Staff Predictions before the major cards. Overall I think Bloodyelbow is a good MMA site and has come a long way since the Shane Carwin beef. Phone Post

Aldo vs Edgar

Bendo vs Nate

Bendo vs Pettis

The fans win!

How dare this guy fight smart?

How dare he face and beat bigger opposition?!

Shame on him.

nyhcloyalty - Might be the worst piece of "journalism" I have ever seen at this link:

http://mobile.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/12/3237467/ufc-150-results-im-glad-frankie-edgar-got-robbed

Here's a small piece:

"Heed the call Frankie, move on down to Featherweight where maybe you'll have the heft and muscle to force a stoppage on opponents instead of sending it to the judges.

I'm so looking forward to seeing Ben Henderson defend his title against Nate Diaz. I'm even happier that I don't have to worry about whatever skilled, subtle and nuanced approach Frankie Edgar would take to sucking all the fun out of Diaz' Stockton Brawl style and making sure the judges have a hard decision to render.

Good luck at Featherweight Frankie, fans of the Lightweight division won't miss you."

It really sucks because I know Crook does amazing interviews for that site, but after such an unprofessional pile of garbage article like that I will never read their site again. Great job, Nate Wilcox. Phone Post

Not going to lie. Bad choice. Phone Post

SMH

OriginalTUFer -
orcus - Ben Henderson is one of the biggest LWs in the sport, why has he so far been 100% unable to "force a stoppage" in the UFC, including against a guy Frankie stopped in the first round?

Man, you are really upset about this. I'm sorry, man; I know how much it sucks when the fighter you support loses a decision you thought he won. Phone Post

Put him on suicide watch Phone Post

Nub - 
OriginalTUFer -
orcus - Ben Henderson is one of the biggest LWs in the sport, why has he so far been 100% unable to "force a stoppage" in the UFC, including against a guy Frankie stopped in the first round?
Man, you are really upset about this. I'm sorry, man; I know how much it sucks when the fighter you support loses a decision you thought he won. Phone Post
Put him on suicide watch Phone Post

I thought he won, but I didn't think we needed a rematch in the first place, so that's not a big deal.

"  there's a reason the fights are always close and he's spent more time in the octagon than other fighters. "

BJ Penn twice (never finished by anyone at LW, ever; only stopped twice in his career at any weight)

Sean Sherk (only been finished at LW by BJ Penn, only other finish at any weight was by GSP)

Gray Maynard 3x (Edgar is the only one to finish him, ever)

Ben Henderson 2x (only finished once ever, in his third fight)

Gee, you think maybe his competition has something to do with why his fights are going the distance? Which of your favorite "exciting" fighters would get more finish WINS against that lineup?

I agree, but not exactly on everything .... I Don't want them to fight eachother again. That's it..

Frankie belongs at 145.

People read BloodySnatch?

Why waste your time?

Kid Nate is terrible, how can anyone stand that guy?

BE site overall puts out some good shit, the scouting report is like the best thing any site does and they dont even have Leland anymore, smh. The guy Dallas has good pieces, Crookyn's interviews are good but they also put out some shit.

and they just had an article from Castillo which was really good, he basically took Nate out in the backyard and beat him with a stick until Nate's ass was bloody.

bloody elbow and mma mania are the two most comprehensive technical sites i can find. They have something extra that the casual fan would not understand.

Pretty douchey piece, imo