Bobby Lashley to fight Ron Waterman Next

Sigh........anyway guess thats his next fight.He turned down the Fedor fight for H2o....lol.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/lashleys-next-mma-opponent-matt-hardy-ring-return-update-82555

"The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the rumored opponent for Bobby Lashley's upcoming MMA fight in Denver on October 3rd is Ron Waterman. According to Sherdog.com, Waterman has an overall MMA record of 16-6-2 and is 43 years old. In addition to being an MMA fighter, he was also a pro wrestler for several years wrestling in promotions including WWE, New Japan, and others. We reported a week ago that TNA has no plans to utilize Lashley in the ring until after this bout to prevent him from sustaining any injuries which could prevent him from fighting." 

wow can lashley fight someone who will actually give him some trouble? If he ever gets a shot in the UFC he'll fold so quickly if the fight doesnt go his way right off the bat.

I guess Andre Roberts wasn't available.

Ultimate Chaos Weigh In Pics

ttt

good step up for Lashley.

Lashley has been fighting MMA for under a year.  The guy is a phenom and a walking advertisement for pro wrestling's legitimacy.

It's a really nice fight for the fans in Colorado (since Waterman/Lashley both have roots there).

lilmanster - wow can lashley fight someone who will actually give him some trouble? If he ever gets a shot in the UFC he'll fold so quickly if the fight doesnt go his way right off the bat.

WTF are you talking about? The dude has only had 4 fights and has barely been training MMA for 1 year. Waterman is a completely logical next opponent for him right now.

I think it's a decent match-up for Lashley.  The guy is still new to the sport and is taking it slowley.  I thoought it was smart to avoid the Fedor fight.  Fighting Fedor so early in your career might make someone never want to fight MMA again.

Squared Circle -  Lashley has been fighting MMA for under a year.  The guy is a phenom and a walking advertisement for pro wrestling's legitimacy.

Some would say he's been "fighting" MMA less than a day.

GladiatorGannon -

Some would say he's been "fighting" MMA less than a day.

Waterman by keylock.

Tomato Can - 
lilmanster - wow can lashley fight someone who will actually give him some trouble? If he ever gets a shot in the UFC he'll fold so quickly if the fight doesnt go his way right off the bat.

WTF are you talking about? The dude has only had 4 fights and has barely been training MMA for 1 year. Waterman is a completely logical next opponent for him right now.

Ron waterman is so old school its not even funny. He was never great to begin with, just a big strong guy. Hes not going to do anything to lashley. You only see it as a logical step because of his name from older UFC's. I see it as skill/athleticism vs skill/athleticism and Bobby Lashley is a way better wrestler and is way bigger and stronger. Basically everything Ron Waterman has going for him Lashley has x10.

That's fine though. It's only Lashley's 5th fight, and he's jumping into MMA very quickly. Waterman may be old and mediocre but he's won 3 of his last 4 and is a perfectly reasonable next step for a newcomer like Lashley. If he's still fighting guys like Waterman a year from now, then you can complain.

I think that Ron takes this if he don`t gas out.Waterman by boring decision.

Good move for Lashley. H2Oman has some skills.

DROC

i can get him bobby hoffman. badd seed will smash him. told me today he wants lesner!

Hate420 - Sigh........anyway guess thats his next fight.He turned down the Fedor fight for H2o....lol.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/lashleys-next-mma-opponent-matt-hardy-ring-return-update-82555

"The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the rumored opponent for Bobby Lashley's upcoming MMA fight in Denver on October 3rd is Ron Waterman. According to Sherdog.com, Waterman has an overall MMA record of 16-6-2 and is 43 years old. In addition to being an MMA fighter, he was also a pro wrestler for several years wrestling in promotions including WWE, New Japan, and others. We reported a week ago that TNA has no plans to utilize Lashley in the ring until after this bout to prevent him from sustaining any injuries which could prevent him from fighting." 

How courageous of him.

ttt