Bocek: Decent skills and bikini shots = UFC

n3m - 
crazydave - Have not bought a PPV since they put women on. The quality just isn't there yet it still gets rammed down our throats. Phone Post 3.0

Same.

Subpar quality has been rammed down our throats much prior to the girls making the PPVs.

I agree with Bocek. His comments about WMMA are unpalatable to some, but it's the truth.

For WMMA to truly grow, it needs to attract female fans to the sport, not redneck 'just bleed' male fans. Which, to be fair, it seems like Ronda Rousey is doing.

But every gain that a legitimate athlete like Rousey, Holm or McMann makes can be easily undone by putting random hot chicks in against each other.

You may get a short-term boost, but you cheapen your product and hurt in long-term.

I personally am content with Rousey being on a PPV main card, but I don't want to see any other WMMA fight keeping two elite male fighters from the spot.

BirdWatcher - I agree with Marks statement on WMMA. Just look at all the biggest fights so far as far as promoted or hyped and they include Rousey, Tate and Gina. RR and MT was pushed as the biggest rivalry and they were trying to pump up a potential RR and GC fight as Rondas biggest test to date with Gina being gone for 5 years. The majority of the posts that wanted a possible Gina return were basically saying we know she'll get smashed but she's hot so I'll pay. Look at the last Marina story the UG put out and the first thing they mention after her name is that she's friends and roommates with RR then go on about her credentials. I'd prefer if all the women in rhe UFC fought out of invicta until there's a competitive base then consider them branching out if the talent levels out. WMMA can be very exciting but not as a main event, at least I won't puty money there. Phone Post 3.0
The women's episodes of the ultimate fighter were some of the most watched in recent memory. Despite what u guys say, putting wmma on the back burner would be a terrible decision. Phone Post 3.0

wierd i rarely see females fighting in the ufc and when they do its usually on the prelims, not sure what hes talking about, to me its always a bonus having females on the card and always wish there was more

I sympathize with what Bocek's saying, but as far as WMMA goes, the talent level would have never improved if the promoters didn't create the professional opportunities first. This is a necessary phase.

The way the UFC spams the audience with no-name fighters makes it impossible for anyone below the level of champion or top contender to become a star and negotiate for higher pay. If a guy hits the peak of his career and is making $23k/$23k, it's not surprising that he'd just walk away.

I'm sorry to break the news but not every fighter make or female will be a star!
The world doesn't work that way, no matter how many children think that's the way it should be.

Male*

Some people want to paint pictures all day or play music, but if no one wants their product that's life.
Grow up!

Another guy who is retired talking crap Phone Post 3.0

I think Mark is jealous they didn't like the bikini shots he sent the ufc.

He also speaks the truth Phone Post 3.0

man meets tate -
Juggernautt - He was on the mma hour

Came off super bitter and hateful

Sorry bro you never got a title shot, instead of wine and complain, worry about yourself

He was mad that some women were Co main eventing and main eventing who only trained a few years (he was referring to liz carmouche)

He was saying how some guys who have trained their whole lifes are behind on the card is despicable

It doesn't matter how long you've trained, if you're good enough in your division then you are

Wasn't Jones only in mma for 3 or 4 years before being champ?

He also complains how grapplers don't get promoted and the ufc only cares about strikers

Yet his longtime teammate gsp was a grappler, Brock was a grappler, ronda is. Grappler, half the Champions are Grapplers

Bocek was talking out of his Ass in my opinion Phone Post 3.0

excellent post

hopefully they will stop giving him platform in the media soon enough so we can be spared his illogical ramblings

If I met you in real life, I'd punch you in the throat.

Unless you're a woman. I'm not War Machine, ffs. Phone Post 3.0

CRE - It's a money making sports entertainment business and not a real sports league.

When the UFC passed on Ben Askren it became abundantly clear that the competition aspect is secondary to the entertainment aspect.

The reality is that the best WW is not fighting in the UFC.
Spot on! Phone Post 3.0

I would not be surprised that after saying Olympic female wrestlers felt like 12 year old boys they may have not renewed his contract or something.

Blaming women. Who have put on 30 fights in 18 months and have only taken 5 ppv places in that time. Blaming these women for your own short comings. Well it's truly pathetic. Phone Post 3.0

I wish Zuffa would produce a sitcom starring Dana White with Joe Rogan, Goldie, Lorenzo and a few of the ring girls all living together under the same roof. Just imagine it! I think I'd rather watch something like that than the fights they've been putting on lately. The cage fighting format seemed to have run out of steam; time to cash in on Dana's celebrity and go the sitcom route. A perfect vehicle for Spike tv.

Wouldn't it be cool if Zuffa rolled the dice on a self produced sitcom utilizing it's familiar faces in a classic domestic 'odd couple' or 'fish out of water' formula? Who knows, just when it looks like the mma company is dead there could be a rebirth as a tv production company; Lord knows the in house talent is there (Dana and Joe) to make it fly. Move over Quinn Martin!

FadeToBlack - I thought Bocek trained Dana and Lorenzo and got them into the sport? Now he's shitting all over their operation, and frankly, I'm glad to see he is. Dana and Lorenzo are running a dogshit promotion that is getting worse every year with their diluted, shitty cards.

Speaking of the name Dana, why couldn't he just drop the second "a" and go by "Dan" and quit parading that girly name. You're no Dana Carvey, you're BLAF. Have a man's name.
Disagree with business moves.

But, don't be a fuckin cock. Phone Post 3.0

"It doesn't matter how long you've trained, if you're good enough in your division then you are"

what about if your division is shit (Rousey)?  or with the recent rumors of the Bayzler v Correia co main event?  These girls are 'good enough' for their 'division', but the division is shit and this fight has no business being on a main event card whatsoever.  

Bocek was right

as Jimmy from Palentine records says, "cream always rises to the top"

time traveling 12er -
BirdWatcher - 
CindyO -
AustintheWolfe - Wait a second.... are you telling me that sex sells?
Exactly! Lol Really weird interview.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Obviously but that doesn't have to be the entire reason to tune into WMMA, sex appeal should only make a good product better in the sports market IMO. If not then don't repeatedly tell your customers how elite all these women are and how RR is going to have her biggest challenge to date from Gina when we all know otherwise. Its not exactly hard for anybody to watch hot chicks do any act you prefer over the internet or on tv weather its fighting or not. Load up Invicta, copromote cards from time to time and when WMMA can survive on its own without a RR type alone then consider the move back. Phone Post 3.0

Who said gina was her biggest challenge to date other than some click bait MMA blogs?
Ronda said that herself last week Phone Post 3.0

Let's be serious for a min though, the Womans divisions aren't any good. The skill levels are in general extremely low and hard to watch. I find myself cringing most of the time i watch them but to each their own. Some people obviously like watching that sloppy garbage or else Dana wouldn't be trying to shove it down our throats. I sympathise with Bocek. If i'm someone like Scott Jorgenson or Danny Castillo and i see Shayna Bazler and Bethe being billed over me i'd feel extremely insulted.

There have been only a handful of actually good women's fights in the UFC's. Hopefully the 115 will be better than 135.