Bodybuilders think bodybuilding beats MMA

Bodybuilding is a mental illness just like anorexia is for women.

Bodybuilding also trains muscles to FAIL, you know guys never lifting over 10 reps then doing Failure sets lol!!!

In my experience, most(not all) are strange guys.

powerwarrior - 
Kirik -  Body building as a sport is almost done.

As ridiculous as this thread is (of course a fighter would beat a bodybuilder in a fight...duh) i also find your comment negative and ridiculous Kirik. No reason to rag on bbing.

I don't think he was being negative, just stating an observation. Look at the trend of BB and the general public's interest. It had it peak and has been declining in interest for a long time. Also note that Kirik said "as a sport", not saying GNC is short on supplement customers.

Every time the UFC has a low PPV count, people post about how it is the decline of MMA, but you're going to argue that BB isn't close to dead as a mainstream sport?

ihitpeople - Bodybuilding is a mental illness just like anorexia is for women.

Bodybuilding also trains muscles to FAIL, you know guys never lifting over 10 reps then doing Failure sets lol!!!

Yeah, once you become a full time meathead in the local gym, you suddenly have a new taste in fashion. Every meat head body builders wears:

white 80's high tops
long white socks
Custom cut daisy duke shorts
Custom cut flannel vest
bucket of chalk powder

Also, if you make the right friends, you can ask them to jump on the leg press as extra weight, cause the machine can't hold anymore 45lbers.

Kirik was too kind imo, BB is most def not a sport. Figure skating is more of a sport. Male beauty pageant for sure. MMA'ers train way harder and actually use their bodies to fight instead of standing in a thong.

Laughable.

Caveat: JudOWNED = Not a bodybuilder.

Certainly a trained fighter has the advantage over a guy with no training. Certainly being "big" even when also strong does not make you good at fighting. And certainly skill and training can overcome a size/strength advantage. But lets not go too far here.

Size and strength do still matter. And bodybuilders are not "100% for show." They are not as strong as guys that train specifically for strength, like power and Olympic lifters. But they are still massively strong. I've seen vid of Ronnie Colemann curling 225 for reps. Compared to your "average" BJJ blue belt hobbyist, that is frighteningly strong. So let's not go overboard here. Bodybuilding is not fighting. But being strong certainly helps!

solidsnake - 
ihitpeople - Bodybuilding is a mental illness just like anorexia is for women.

Yeah, once you become a full time meathead in the local gym, you suddenly have a new taste in fashion. Every meat head body builders wears:

white 80's high tops

long white socks

Custom cut daisy duke shorts

Custom cut flannel vest

bucket of chalk powder

Also, if you make the right friends, you can ask them to jump on the leg press as extra weight, cause the machine can't hold anymore 45lbers.

As opposed to:

Flaming Skull Shirt

Tapout Shorts

Fingerless Gloves

Cocked to the side hat

200 patch GI

32 body tats

Brazilian accent

Thinking you can beat EVERYBODY in a fight at bluebelt level

MMA can't play the douche game against ANY other sport, we're inundated with douche.

Body building is training the body to move slow. They also isolate muscles- which is what an athlete doesn't want to do.
In essence - big dumb muscles.
Body builders in general will suck at mist sports because they are training How NOT to be an athlete. Phone Post

That's assuming that it was ever actually a sport. The training comes closer than the competition which is more of a pageant and gay as all hell (not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what you're into).

Contrary to popular opinion, real men do have posedowns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyQFW8at88w&feature=related

Bodybuilders think bodybuilding is a sport too. hahahaha

eh, bodybuilders gonna bodybuild.

ABE FROMAN - 
Laughable.

Arnold has said that it's turned into a freak show and isn't what it was in his time or before. He actuallly said it's like a circus.

It's too much. Too many hard drugs.

I just remembered that Kirik has more to add to this thread. That bodybuilder guy who power-bombed Kirik in a no-gi tourny, how much training did he have? My recollection of the story was that his size/strength were the deciding factors.

Telamon - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Laughable.

Arnold has said that it's turned into a freak show and isn't what it was in his time or before. He actuallly said it's like a circus.

It's too much. Too many hard drugs.
Source? Is this the same Arnold who sponsors a number of competitions and still shows to the big ones on occasion?  It's not going anywhere.

I love how people, like the bodybuilder, always think that a STREETFIGHT being "to the death!" will somehow not benefit the person who actually knows how the heck to fight!

a 350lb bodybuilder could very easily have his back taken and be choked to death by a 125lb top 200 mmaer

2cash2quit - The strongman competition guys are the strongest in the world ( pudz for example, and all those scandanavian dudes ), and even the strongest can't fight.
Yea, compared to BJ Penn. Also, 95% of the people on this board wouldn't be able to do the cardio aspect of the WSM.

I have to laugh at this thread, everybody is so butthurt that one person said a bodybuilder could beat a pro in a streetfight and now every Bluebelt is eyeing Ronnie Coleman and talking about how they can whip his ass. That's pretty much the douchyness of MMA, once you've had some grappling lessons you automagically think everyone else (ESPECIALLY the big guys) can't fight a lick and you start eyeing the guys lifting heavy at your rinkydink gym. Here's some news, if Benji Radach can be KO'd  by a layman for not getting to the punch first then a guy 3 times as big as him can fuck you up worse.

Every year we go through this exercise, first it was Karate doesn't work, now being strong doesn't count. LOL

You don't have to be a pro to know how to KO anybody. Don't get jacked up trying to eye your local beastman.

demandango - a 350lb bodybuilder could very easily have his back taken and be choked to death by a 125lb top 200 mmaer
OR he could get laid on and killed by suffocation. 

ABE FROMAN - 
2cash2quit - The strongman competition guys are the strongest in the world ( pudz for example, and all those scandanavian dudes ), and even the strongest can't fight.
Yea, compared to BJ Penn. Also, 95% of the people on this board wouldn't be able to do the cardio aspect of the WSM.

I have to laugh this thread, everybody is so butthurt that one person said a bodybuilder could beat a pro in a streetfight and now every Bluebelt is eyeing Ronnie Coleman and talking about how they can whip his ass. That's pretty much the douchyness of MMA, once you've had some grappling lessons you automagically think everyone else (ESPECIALLY the big guys) can't fight a lick and you start eyeing the guys lifting heavy at your rinkydink gym. Here's some news, if Benji Radach can be KO'd  by a layman for not getting to the punch first then a guy 3 times as big as him can fuck you up worse.

Every year we go through this exercise, first it was Karate doesn't work, now being strong doesn't count. LOL

You don't have to be a pro to know how to KO anybody. Don't get jacked up trying to eye your local beastman.

I totally agree with this. I respect BJJ but now it's to the same point it was when I was a kid when someone would say "he's got a bb in karate so he would win." I even see it in the attitudes at some of the BJJ gyms; they think that they could beat anyone's ass because they tap people everyday.