Boxing Question from Andre

I fell for it a bit. That is why I posted it here. I thought the UG would appreciate it more.

ttt

I'm really disappointed that you gave up so early.

We could have had fun with this for much longer....

"It was just a bit of fun because it was so ridiculous. The funny part is seeing how ridiculous it can get and still have people arguing it. I dont like mean-spirited trolling, but when youve been on the mma boards for many, many years, you feel youve had every possible conversation, so you come up with some ridiculous ones to keep you entertained. Most people enjoy them, even the ones who were "had"."

All right, Andre, you got me, but in my defense, I have seen so many moronic threads in my day that it is hard to know when someone is just f****** with you. I still think that you would enjoy Randy Roberts's books on Dempsey and Jack Johnson. Also, you'll see in Michael Isenberg's John L. Sullivan and His America that bare knuckle fights under the London Prize Ring Rules involved dirty boxing and throws, which became illegal under the Marquis de Queensbury rules. Back in the day, when they fought on grass, the fighters would wear spikes and use them for better footing and to slice open the legs of their opponent. Nice, eh? And people on this forum cry about Chuck Liddell's using his thumbs...

ron, thanks for being a good sport about it. Also, thanks so much for the recommendation on the books! I will definitely check them out.