Bresler's book gone from amazon. Rorion?

Seems rather like a rorion-esque move, chasing after him waving legal writs " My friend, i'm going to sue the fuck out of you!!"

Or perhaps a more pedestrian explanation?

1 Like

I’m thinking just sold out, just more sales then books printed

It just says “out of print”. So, most likely sold out. But Rorion has been known in the past to report things on ebay from what I’ve heard.

Hadn’t heard about this.

Googled and I assumed you’re taking about ‘Worth Defending’?

What did Rorian consider sue worthy?

no kindle anymore either. That was mainly paul fucking with people reselling their WMA products you're thinking of. Amazon prints on demand kids.

GEE! you reckon they're sold out of the electronic kindle files too?

Maybe he made disparing remarks about transgenderism in his book.

then good, he needs to be cancelled.# fuck'em

Other than the ufc and rewriting bjj history to where helio is somehow the patriarch, rorion has contributed zero substance of worth to the actual art of Brazilian jiu jitsu. 

dude was a dweeb who was smart enough to get more educated than the rest of his cousins and siblings so he had a huge head start promoting and business wise in the states. 

HillboFrateTrane -

Other than the ufc and rewriting bjj history to where helio is somehow the patriarch, rorion has contributed zero substance of worth to the actual art of Brazilian jiu jitsu. 

dude was a dweeb who was smart enough to get more educated than the rest of his cousins and siblings so he had a huge head start promoting and business wise in the states. 

Oh come on. You can’t just gloss over his UFC contribution like it was nothing. That’s like saying: "Besides beating most of his opponents and being the GOAT, what has GSP done for MMA? He’s just some bald, anxiety-ridden frenchman who does too many cartwheels."

Creating the UFC as an informercial for BJJ was a big deal. It inspired legions of practioners who otherwise would never have taken up the art. Those practioners went on to change the art itself.

4 Likes

Ah yes, that minor little thing called the ufc. Have you ever considered chugging a gallon of carbolic acid? It's the "in" thing to do among the contrarian hipster crowd. Use your stimulus money to engage the services of a call girl, the release of your frustration will embiggen your soul and free you from spending all your time posting contrarian bullshit for a sense of personal relevance. While basking in this enlightenment, chug the beverage.

OOPS, THAT WAS FOR HILLBO

1 Like
yusul -

he threatened bresler? that's pretty low if true. 

well, i'm sure it's karmic that his own kids undercut him in business. hopefully they smarten up and don't go too far down his path for screwing other people over. 

I'm speculating, hence the use of the question mark in the thread title. i thought someone here might know the particulars.

joe_mama -
HillboFrateTrane -

Oh come on. You can’t just gloss over his UFC contribution like it was nothing. That’s like saying: "Besides beating most of his opponents and being the GOAT, what has GSP done for MMA? He’s just some bald, anxiety-ridden frenchman who does too many cartwheels."

Creating the UFC as an informercial for BJJ was a big deal. It inspired legions of practioners who otherwise would never have taken up the art. Those practioners went on to change the art itself.

He sold something. That doesn’t move my needle. Salesmen don’t actually do anything but manipulate what was already there. They don’t create. They don’t innovate. They just appeal to our primitive instincts. 

i get what you’re saying, it’s just not something I value.

also, at times, rorion tried to get in the way of jiu jitsu because he wasn’t getting a piece from everyone. No budo. 

yusul - 

well, i'm sure it's karmic that his own kids undercut him in business. hopefully they smarten up and don't go too far down his path for screwing other people over. 

Being out manoeuvred and put out of business by his own sons should be Rorian’s proudest moment as a father.

The students have achieved mastery.

2 Likes

indeed, rorion created a monster, that turned on and devoured its creator. While moving a box of magazines yesterday, i picked up a  mid-nineties karate illustrated and flipped thru it, it has a little story about young yellow belts, rener and ryron, even then, despite supposedly being the uke,  rener was trying to upstage ryron in every photo that appeared in the article

1 Like

So did rorion really shut down this book? I dont recall anything even remotely inflammatory about rorion in the book. Though ive got like 2 chapters left.

FingerorMoon - 
yusul - 

Being out manoeuvred and put out of business by his own sons should be Rorian’s proudest moment as a father.

It’s that weird sociopath pride the papa viper must feel the moment the baby viper sinks his fangs into his throat.

“Goddammit … I taught you well… I should have known.”

2 Likes

the old scorpion and the frog parable

1 Like
shen -
FingerorMoon - 
yusul - 

It’s that weird sociopath pride the papa viper must feel the moment the baby viper sinks his fangs into his throat.

“Goddammit … I taught you well… I should have known.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

1 Like

I spoke to Richard about it and he said its temporarily unavailable but anyone who needs a copy contact him directly, he’s has a few more to sell.

1 Like