Bring back Jeff Joslin

"why is it that everyone who is a fan of a fighter is a nuthugger"

"everyone" is not. But the endless ramblings about "when will Joslin get his shot in the UFC" etc. at a time when he was 4-2 and had lost his last two fights in a row (all controversy about the Fitch fight aside), and had been inactive for over a year were somewhat over the top. I mean fuck, how would the UFC have even known he was still fighting, he hadn't fought in ages and was coming off two losses.

I was impressed by his first fight in the UFC. He made me a fan during that fight.

I hope he has a long and successful career.

"everyone" is not. But the endless ramblings about "when will Joslin get his shot in the UFC" etc. at a time when he was 4-2 and had lost his last two fights in a row (all controversy about the Fitch fight aside), and had been inactive for over a year were somewhat over the top. I mean fuck, how would the UFC have even known he was still fighting, he hadn't fought in ages and was coming off two losses."

I bet Joslin would tool Serra.

WC17 I completely agree. Bad match up for Serra.

hard to not like the guy if you've met him.

Serra vs. Joslin would be a very interesting fight.

I've only seen two of Joslin's fights. His stand up is very good, and his defensive guard looks fantastic.

How is his wrestling (everyone's wrestling looks bad against Kos)? Also how is his offensive ground game?

If he gets a win over Lytle I'd be interested to see who they match him against next. I'm guessing Fitch.

I can see some potential scenarios where Joslin and Serra could end up fighting each other.

The WW division is so stacked that there are a number of guys who could beat anyone on any given day.

"It just happens to be the fact that Joslin has better boxing"

Lytle has way better boxing than Joslin.

^^^
"Lytle has way better boxing than Joslin."

Why because Lytle has a boxing record??? Nick Diaz outboxed Lytle, Joslin will do the same.

smac1 , i see your point. there have been a few folish joslin posts in the past.

"The blanket got worked on the feet (which mind you he boasts about how great his hands are at AKA and dalimb,

Thanks, and let me reiterate that I am really impressed by Joslin.

"and resorted to the only thing that kid can do is takedwon ppl and lay in their gaurd"

Kos won by fighting smart, and somehow he is the one being criticized. This is typical of the blind Joslin hugging I was talking about.

Perhaps you missed Kos's last fight. He won by out-striking his opponent and keeping the fight standing. Because he would have lost on the ground.

Boring or not Kos keeps his fights where he wants them... but somehow the guy who he beat 30-27 was "tooling" him.

"It's not like he was throwing up subs"

Wasn't he? I haven't seen the fight since it first aired, but I thought I remembered him making many sub attempts.

ttt

ttt for jeff

Great fighter and should be an awesome fight with Chris

Listen, I read this board a lot, more so if Joslin is metioned because he is a great fighter and person, but FUCK, whats the point bitching at each other, for every person that says a good thing, there is a guy saying bad or negative comments. We get it, people made jeff out to be the next world champ before the Kos fight, he lost a takedown war with the best in the WW divison, smacked Kos around on the feet, he put up a good fight and didn't let anyone down, lytle is a better match-up for Joslin in the stand-up aspect, should be a good fight, just let it go and look to the future, Jeff must have, he's never on here bitching about the fight

bloodfighter,
this thread has been pretty tame for the most part.
people posting some opinions ans stuff, the whole point of a forum!

"It's not like he was throwing up subs, or sweeping him.. I guess he didn't take a lot of punishment, but..."

Thats how i feel too. I think many of us more educated fans in reaction to the uneducatedness of UFC judges, overcompensate in giving favour to the bottom fighter at times.

Like, i dont remember, Joslin making any significant subs attempts at all. He kept Kos off balance at times and stuff but i think Kos was more the aggressor there, not by much but still was imo.

Joslin / Lytle will be a war and I predict Joslin by split decision.

Dougie

good luck Jeff