Brock Lesnar can be HWT champion again IF

he comes to his senses and hires a good Combat Sambo coach. Whats up with this guy hiring BJJ coaches and all of this other nonsense that doesnt work.

Fedor is the greatest fighter to ever walk the planet. He dominated for 10 years in Pride FC, which is the #1 organization of all time and had the best HWT division. Everybody knows Combat Sambo is the best style for MMA.

Combat Sambo >

Why you hating on BJJ?

Aren't you a purple belt in BJJ?

Also you don't learn Sambo in 2 days. Fedor practiced Sambo for many years.

And lastly, calling him "the greatest fighter to ever walk the planet" is debatable.

if steroids were legal in mma

Haven't seen the Wolfman in a bit! Brock doing Catch subs would be awesome.

Brockuraba would be the GOAT Phone Post 3.0

uhh... Brock's boxing coach is the same guy who trains Kenny Florian

and Brock trains BJJ under Rodrigo Medeiros, who is by far better than anyone in UFC for BJJ. hes a 7 time world champ black belt.. and to add to that, Erik Paulson also coaches Brock, and Erik is agreat catch wrestling coach and also trains Barnett

Brock needs to bring back Greg Nelson. He had Greg Nelson all the way to UFC 100, then got rid of him after the Mir fight

He'd have to get his mind right, first.

marrilia - if steroids were legal in mma

TRT IS legal in MMA, Budrow.

...Cain Velasquez retires.

Wolfman thanks for not spamming/ jacking my thread with your videos!

Combat Sambo > Catch Wrestling > BJJ

DanTheWolfman - IF Catch Wrestling were easy it would be called Sambo :)
If Sambo were easy it would be called Jiu-jitsu!

Brock + Catch Wrestling or maybe even Sambo=Unstoppable Freight Train is back.

Brock is American Horsepower. He needs Catch, and he had some through Paulson and Nelson. He should come train Grappling with Gokor and Gene, and drive to HB to train standup striking/MMA at Kings w Cordiero couple times a week too. Best Mix IMO

Brock vs Mir/Reem Winner for another go, or vs Werdum IMO. I think both Mike and Me are just having a little fun. Respect to all sty1es. Though wrestlers like Brock, Askren, etc. suited well for Catch, and Mother Russia sure did well in UFC this year, and Minakov Bellator HW champ too.

Combat Sambo includes striking thus it is > Catchwrestling

I was never a fan of Brock in his first run and always rooted against him but him coming back would be a breath of fresh air for Zuffa.

I'm a huge Overeem fan but I would love to see Brock fight a deflated Reem in a rematch.

This is an old conversation about Brock but I still say the best answer is to be like GSP and have a trainer who calls all the shots, then bring in (or go to) the very best trainers in the world.

In his last UFC tour he made it the "Brock Camp" and allegedly ran the show. He trained what he wanted, on his schedule and with trainers that apparently didn't push him enough.

tbi0904 - ...Cain Velasquez retires.
This Phone Post 3.0

DanTheWolfman - ByTheWay, not putting down any system....Hayastan Grappling System in which I am ranked is mixture of Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Sambo, and Catch Wrestling.....if it works, use it. I love Sambo too, just wish could have grown up doing it and competing. In U.S., prob. only in NY area to a large effect.

Russian's did fine work this year in UFC, and Minakov is no slouch over in Bellator. Sambo offense with strong punching blends real well for modern MMA than more defensive bjj....bit more fan friendly too though I like watching a guy like Maia work.

Sambo Brock in Kurtka is interesting visual Mike, but Catch Brockuraba might have something for Werdum. Could Brock GnP decision win over Werdum and not get subbed in guard or knee'd in chin on feet?

Combat Sambo though, in addition to takedowns and submissions, adds some interesting striking, some techniques from Karate also are used in Combat Sambo. Brock needs striking work to be added to his game too. His striking is not very good as he turns his head and runs a bit. Combat Sambo gets guys comfortable in all ranges, striking, clinch/takedowns and ground submissions. I believe it is why Fedor was so well rounded. He would win fights standing with striking, he would be great in the clinch with takedowns/throws and he could submit guys on the ground or finish with ground and pound. All aspects included in Combat Sambo.

DanTheWolfman - IF Catch Wrestling were easy it would be called Sambo :)
If Sambo were easy it would be called Jiu-jitsu!

Brock + Catch Wrestling or maybe even Sambo=Unstoppable Freight Train is back.

Brock is American Horsepower. He needs Catch, and he had some through Paulson and Nelson. He should come train Grappling with Gokor and Gene, and drive to HB to train standup striking/MMA at Kings w Cordiero couple times a week too. Best Mix IMO

Brock vs Mir/Reem Winner for another go, or vs Werdum IMO. I think both Mike and Me are just having a little fun. Respect to all sty1es. Though wrestlers like Brock, Askren, etc. suited well for Catch, and Mother Russia sure did well in UFC this year, and Minakov Bellator HW champ too.

so you think Brock should team with a guy like, Erik Paulson?

he's been training with Erik for years now.

Who figured green names would be trolling us?

if he train some striking,  defensive striking mostly.  He just needs to get used to taking shots to the face.  I think Brock's chin is solid as like Mark Hunt.  He'll never get knocked out cold, look at the size of his Jaw.  But, he can't take it.   Overeem's TKO of Brock is more from the Roids and his Diverculitis 

just looking at his Chin factor, This could be a possibility but...  

Heel Hooker - Hmmmm that explains all the champs being Sambo experts and not BJJ black belts Phone Post 3.0

Internettufguy - 
Yun -

if he train some striking,  defensive striking mostly.  He just needs to get used to taking shots to the face.  I think Brock's chin is solid as like Mark Hunt.  He'll never get knocked out cold, look at the size of his Jaw.  But, he can't take it.   Overeem's TKO of Brock is more from the Roids and his Diverculitis 

just looking at his Chin factor, This could be a possibility but...  

WTF is this gif!?! Phone Post 3.0

NHB in Japan MLB

^^  the GIF was for "probably NOT"