Brock Lesner: untold UFC 141 story/me and my homie, the reem lol

Cool stuff my man.

@TFIHY , I’m assuming you fight?

1 Like

A friend who was DEA/police back in the day, just told me the story about how when he was police in 1990, Nelson Mandella came for a visit to Detroit michigan shortly after he was freed from Prison. Guess he missed prison life. Hence visiting Detroit? Apparently the security was pretty intense. It wasnt long before that, 3 years prior, that flight 255, crashed just outside of the detroit airport after taking off killing 160. (Police friend mentioned 255 for some reason? I think due to the route the convoy was taking? Didnt want a second international news story on same road??? Not sure?)

My police friend was amongst the guy’s working security on behalf of the US.
*This is a lot of build up for something that maybe only I find interesting. Apologies.
Police friends come across these guys on the roof of a wendys. Innocent civilians? Snipers with an agenda? Regardless, the news; city, state, and international, were all talking about Mandella. Locals knew about it beforehand and were lining the streets
In anticipation. Detroit Tiger’s stadium was awaiting his arrival where he’d give a speech. Politician’s, Aretha Franklin, and Stevie Wonder were there.
So my police friend is down in the Wendy’s parking lot yelling at these potentially dangerous or oblivious or simple-minded men (I’m not a biologist but he said men) to get down from the roof before Mandella passes by! They refuse. The customers need AC while eating their frosty and square burger!

My police friend has another car come over and tell these guys the same. No movement. Mandella is going to be driving by soon. My police friend is in communication with several department heads who are making it abundantly clear to, “get…them…the…FUCK! OFF! THE! ROOF! NOW!!”
Police friend’s orders become more stern. Threats are made. No bloody movement by these fools.
My police friend yells at them, “listen to what my bosses are telling me to do on the radio! You need to get down now or we’ll physically remove you!”
Mandella is inching closer. Everyone is infuriated. Dudes on roof just nonchalantly working and ignoring orders. Then you hear the wuh-woosh, wuh-woosh, wuh-woosh thats all too familiar to anyone who has worked with helicopters.

*I was hooking up helos on navy ships. We had birds on board. And I’ve flown in them so I know that sound as the chopper is getting closer. And ill tell stories about sailing, ufos, ufc, government officials I’ve sat with and everyone involved soon.

Team Mandella has a ready-armed blackhawk approaching. My police friend is on the megaphone imploring that these guys get off the roof or they’ll be shot. That helicopter is coming for them! They are prepared to fire! It wasnt until the blackhawk was uncomfortably close that these guys finally bought the threats. One moved quicker than the other to get down. The slower roof guy eventually scurried down a downspout and then leaped from halfway up when he realized the blackhawk was about to be right on top of them.

…but thats the only Mandella story I know, that, to my knowledge, hasnt had ears on it.

5 Likes

I use to… i trained all over vegas for about 5 years but mainly at Wanderlei Silvas place and at Xtreme Couture. I was better than anything anyone ever saw on youtube. I regret not ever getting 1 more in. Only fought 4 times. A current UFC ref fucked me over in my lone “loss” that shouldve been a DQ. Ive got in some training on the ships. I was creative in figuring out ways to roll, hit mitts and spar. (No matts and non skid isnt forgiving) Then when awaiting orders in san diego id train at Victory MMA. Thats where Dean Lister and Jocko are. Or were. I havent been there since shoreside changed where i would stay until given orders. And then ill train some in michigan when on leave.

But… i got that itch again. Im old and broken but damn do i wanna legally taste blood.

5 Likes

Just tell me it was Herb Dean without telling me it was Herb Dean.

1 Like

Edited to directly respond to chilz and i dont recall how to delete.

It was Chris Tognoni!! My opponent axe kicked me in the face when i was lying on my back! And that was after being dropped with a cross! And my opponent and i both paused and looked at the ref like, ‘so what are we doing here?’ And that punk Tognoni said to, “fight on”

Normally a blatent kick to a downed opponent gets, AT LEAST, some time to recover, a warning, or a DQ. Tognoni does NOTHING. Im on my back with my hands up staring at the, “official” waiting for recourse…nothing!

I get up, my opponent clearly knows he screwed up. Knuckles me. Meanwhile im concussed. Thanks for the CTE Tognoni!! I get dropped again. Never went out. Eventually get choked out. Dont remember much of any of it.

I immediately get up and start berating Tognoni. We all exit the cage. Backstage, i run into my opponent, who apologized. He knew the kick was illegal. Just didnt plan on putting the bottom of his foot directly on my face and curb stomping me. Guess who is sitting there to the side and hears all of this?? Chris “it was a legal blow” Tognoni!!! Who ALSO apologized. Said he “thought” the kick, “landed on my chest”

Im 3-0-*1! Correct it nevada state athletic commission.

4 Likes

Overeem cheated and everyone knows it. His body looked completely different after USADA. He looked chubby when he fought (and got knocked out by) Silva and Browne

UFC 100 Lesnar TKOs him easily under two full rounds

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle:

Brock was still on juice when he fought Reem, lol.

8 Likes

No he wasn’t

Cant tell if serious.

2 Likes

Why am I not quoting people im attempting to respond to?

"
High School GIF

1 Like

You need to highlight the part you want quoted…then hit the “quote” feature.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

BOOM…you got it.

1 Like

You must have eaten paint chips as a baby.

3 Likes

TTT

•Should i post all stories in this thread (mma and non mma?)

•should I make new threads for every story?

•Should i only post mma/ufc stories in this thread?

4 Likes

Keep em all here. You can always edit the title.

2 Likes

Great story and story telling Op.

Loved the beginning, middle, and end.

In for more stories

4 Likes