Buakaw speaks out!! Controlled & ripped off by gym

Rusty Shackleford - 
1fletch - Yokkao shot themselves in the foot. Who will go to their Bangkok gym now that there's a Buakaw/Yokkao gym... in Bangkok?
They said its temporary. Maybe he's trying to stay hidden still?

Not really, it's well known here now.

Going to the national media has obviously cleared him from whatever real or imagined danger he may or may not have been in. Yokkao has connections here, and money, and it sounds like his gym is going ahead full steam.

Great to hear!

Hope everything works out for him.

Chokdee Buakaw

1fletch - 
Rusty Shackleford - 
1fletch - Yokkao shot themselves in the foot. Who will go to their Bangkok gym now that there's a Buakaw/Yokkao gym... in Bangkok?

Going to the national media has obviously cleared him from whatever real or imagined danger he may or may not have been in. Yokkao has connections here, and money, and it sounds like his gym is going ahead full steam.

ive seen all the pictures. it looks damn good, temp or not. either way hope the best for him and thanks for keeping us fans in the know.

Duke Roufus - Great to hear!

Chokdee Buakaw

Cheers for retweeting Fight Sport Asia stuff Duke, appreciate it.

Check out Pinca/Aikpracha fight vid if you've not seen it yet (on FSA - Aikpracha is one of the men we are tipping as "the next Buakaw")

Rusty Shackleford - 
1fletch - 
Rusty Shackleford - 

ive seen all the pictures. it looks damn good, temp or not. either way hope the best for him and thanks for keeping us fans in the know.

No worries bro. They now have a new logo (my laptop wont upload, grrr) and from what I hear he's a lot happier and is looking forward to this 'project' in Surin (the gym).

Yokkao have pulled their Por.Pramuk sponsorship (LOL) and the owner's son will likely rip down and throw out all their bags, rings and banners, and get a Top King deal or something. Por.Pramuk's name might be sullied internationally (we take some credit haha) but domestically it's a legit and relevant gym with several Lumpinee fighters, Nonathon, Pajonsuk... they'll get a good deal.

Guys who care about Asian MMA and Muay Thai - help spread the FightSportAsia name, I don't make a penny from the site, and thus far it's a labour of love (but a labour of love I want more than 300 views per day on!)
PTT ads are on the site, but that's my mate's gym and where I live, it's on there for him.

ttt

what if he just bails to the US? his contracts cant possibly hold up here can they?

save him Duke!

W!$con$!n

http://fightsportasia.com/2012/03/20/buakaws-new-banchamek-gym-with-yokkao/

Keep checking FSA for your MMA and Muay Thai breaking news from Asia

1fletch - 
Duke Roufus - Great to hear!

Chokdee Buakaw

Cheers for retweeting Fight Sport Asia stuff Duke, appreciate it.

Check out Pinca/Aikpracha fight vid if you've not seen it yet (on FSA - Aikpracha is one of the men we are tipping as "the next Buakaw")

No Worries Great Stuff!

FSA~ Buakaw Not In The Clear Just Yet
Link ^
Credit to my main man Boyd for this one. From two days ago but ah well.

I just read he just had a press conference and got cleared to fight Phone Post

http://www.muaythaitv.com/pages/news/news.php?s_id=2206 Phone Post

Fight Sport Asia: Buakaw Not In The Clear Yet (UPDATED)

Keep checking FSA for your updates :)

One of the hottest babes around.  I thought she looked particularity sexy in the movie Southpaw.  Hit the perfect balance between classy and trashy. 

Ouch!

1fletch - He avoids answering all questions about money, mumbling about recurring injuries. It's well known that Por.Pramuk take most of his earnings; e.g. when he won 1 million yen in K-1 MAX, he only got 20,000 of it while Por.Pramuk bought 4 houses and other shit.

It was actually 20 million yen he should have received just for the tournament win bonus alone for the K-1 MAX GP (in addition to the fighter's purse for the individual fights themselves).

This amount was certainly no secret at the time as not only did K-1 themselves announce that as the prize, but it was written out on the over-sized check that K-1 symbolically handed out to the winner.

So Buakaw should have known how much he should have gotten - and if he ended up getting only 20,000 out of that 20 million yen (which would be in the neighborhood of about $200k U.S., depending on the exchange rate at the time), then he got screwed even worse than reported.

Btw, good job covering the whole Buakaw saga, as well as Muay Thai in general on your site. Appreciated.