Buakaw speaks out!! Controlled & ripped off by gym

So has anybody from Por. Pramuk come out and responded to this? Trainers? management? Phone Post

Duke Roufus - TIT
This is Thailand!
My thoughts Phone Post

1fletch - 
comstock2491 - TTT

Buakaw training at Roufusport would be amazing! I don't know if there are any contractual issues that Buakaw has with Por.Pramuk, or if there is any way of dealing with him directly (rather than through his current management), but it would be amazing to get him out of the situation he is in, and into a situation he deserves to be in. With all that Buakaw has contributed to the sport, it is a shame knowing that he has been treated this way.

I don't think you are aware that P.P "owns" Buakaw, and has him under a lifelong contract.

Many young Thai fighters are bought. Some are like slaves (this case) whereas many/most gyms are decent, and fighters rep them proudly for years, and get looked after.

Buakaw, on the other hand, shares a small room with 3 other dudes, gets 20,000 yen from 10 million yen earnings, gets only a fraction of his overall earnings, is forced to keep fighting when he wants to retire, and is generally very unhappy with the gym he's been forced to train at/fight out of for years and years.

Refer to the article,

http://fightsportasia.com/2012/03/12/buakaw-speaks-out-i-wanted-to-retire-por-pramuk-control-m/

From the sounds of the situation, he could easily claim refugee status in either the US or Canada. And with someone like Duke backing him, he would be very comfortable over here for the rest of his life.

UGCTT_molsonmuscle360 - 
1fletch - 
comstock2491 - TTT

Buakaw training at Roufusport would be amazing! I don't know if there are any contractual issues that Buakaw has with Por.Pramuk, or if there is any way of dealing with him directly (rather than through his current management), but it would be amazing to get him out of the situation he is in, and into a situation he deserves to be in. With all that Buakaw has contributed to the sport, it is a shame knowing that he has been treated this way.

I don't think you are aware that P.P "owns" Buakaw, and has him under a lifelong contract.

Many young Thai fighters are bought. Some are like slaves (this case) whereas many/most gyms are decent, and fighters rep them proudly for years, and get looked after.

Buakaw, on the other hand, shares a small room with 3 other dudes, gets 20,000 yen from 10 million yen earnings, gets only a fraction of his overall earnings, is forced to keep fighting when he wants to retire, and is generally very unhappy with the gym he's been forced to train at/fight out of for years and years.

Refer to the article,

http://fightsportasia.com/2012/03/12/buakaw-speaks-out-i-wanted-to-retire-por-pramuk-control-m/

From the sounds of the situation, he could easily claim refugee status in either the US or Canada. And with someone like Duke backing him, he would be very comfortable over here for the rest of his life.

Perhaps Canada would be a good place for him to attempt asylum. I live on the American side of the Washington/British Columbia border, and I know that Vancouver and its surrounding cities have very extensive Asian populations. Also, amnesty is much easier to get in Canada.

What a shame!!! To be one of the best muay thai fighters in the world just requires so much training, suffering, sacrifice, etc. And to get exploited like that.. it's just awful. I hope we can be kept updated on his situation.

sad

Word on the street is that the same thing happened to Namsaknoi, he had already split from Por Pramuk prior to Buakaw making it big in K-1. The same guy who put the beats on Buakaw in training was left broke, last I heard of him he was training people at a few camps. It's a shame. Phone Post

We should really try to do something to help the guy. The most impressive fights i ever saw in Thaiboxing where because of this guy.

Though i am the last person on earth to effectively be of help to him i would really love to see some fans on the UG and elsewhere put something together to maybe provide that little ''nudge'' that he needs to make live livable again.

Are there currently any people here who go to Thailand regularly. We could set up a thai bank account and set up some sort of short time financial support or give him enough money to book a ticket to the States/Europe or Canada (though i seriously doubt he would get refuge status he could just come on a tourist visa and stay).

This option would of course be much more feasible if he would be able to get a trainer position at some camp.

Though perhaps this is all idle chatter since Buakaw might not want to move away from Thailand or might not be in a position to since threats are being made against his family. He also has status in Thailand which of course he would lose when emigrating (to a certain extend).

But even if we would just set up an local bank account in Thailand and get someone to reach out so that he might have some side funds to make preparations for a different future i think we as a community would have showed that are capable of great things.

Please get in touch if people are willing.

fightharder,

I can ask friends who are there now. but I'm assuming most people on this forum are just throwing things out there and not actually that serious about doing something for real

day 3, no word from Buakaw

He is still nearby. It is still understood by FSA that he will follow through with his seminars in Malaysia, thenceforth nothing is known.

PablosNewton - fightharder,

I can ask friends who are there now. but I'm assuming most people on this forum are just throwing things out there and not actually that serious about doing something for real

I think that the UG has come through for people before, and that this is high profile enough to warrant help.

Perhaps we could start a thread/sticky?

for later Phone Post

comstock2491 - 
PablosNewton - fightharder,

I think that the UG has come through for people before, and that this is high profile enough to warrant help.

Perhaps we could start a thread/sticky?

I agree.

But then, I believe all my threads should be stickied anyway, for 2yrs each mimimum

Apparently he's back and they're building a new camp for him

Twitter.com/yokkaoboxing has pics of a new camp being put together for him Phone Post

Yokkao shot themselves in the foot. Who will go to their Bangkok gym now that there's a Buakaw/Yokkao gym... in Bangkok?

Man I was wondering if he was okay when I heard that he had gone missing. Im glad that he is alive and I hope that he finds his way to the states or someplace that will treat him right.

1fletch - Yokkao shot themselves in the foot. Who will go to their Bangkok gym now that there's a Buakaw/Yokkao gym... in Bangkok?
They said its temporary. Maybe he's trying to stay hidden still? Phone Post

And pojansuk por pramuk was cornered by aikprachas team yesterday? Or am I going crazy? Phone Post

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!!?