Buffer says fighters go into irrelevancy outside the UFC

3 Likes

Buffer is a world-class chode but he isnā€™t wrong.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s going on with his abs?

2 Likes

My guess is its that lipo where they sculpt beer bellies to look like superfake abs.

4 Likes

Animated GIF

3 Likes

Bruce Buffer is a piece of shit.

4 Likes

he must have some dirt on some people.

1 Like

There is a small niche market where name fighters can make more money at other orgsā€¦

Especially so after a few losses and contract downgrades.

Fighting should always be about the money.

1 Like

Heā€™s 100% correct. Itā€™s not even debatable

Bruce Buffer is awesome. Just ask him

6 Likes

Heā€™s right, sort of. I didnā€™t listen to what he said exactly, but essentially he would be referencing the gap between UFC exposure and that of other organisations, which is massive. Itā€™s not even about individuals, if youā€™re a contender in the UFC then you have a level of exposure that simply isnā€™t attainable under any other banner in the world of MMA.

Heā€™s mostly correct though he is irrelevant himself to the fighting community. Anybody goes to an event to see Buffer!? Just a pompous guy who didnā€™t forget he needs to brown nose even at the ā€œheightā€ of his career.

1 Like

I do wonder how MMA looked good in the Nielsen Report but then you go to twitter and look at AJ McKee, Angela Lee or Adriano Morais and they have like 3k to 20k twitter followers?

How do Bellator and ONE look to be doing so well in terms of clicks and views online but McKee, Lee etcā€¦ donā€™t have any sort of social media following compared to UFC fighters?

The casuals love Bruce Buffer. Does the introductions at the Raider games too.

McKeeā€™s Twitter looks pretty dead, hasnā€™t posted since last year and isnā€™t even verified. Seems he doesnā€™t use it much. His IG has 108k in comparison, but even there you see some sporadic posting. A big no-no in the social media game; if you donā€™t post daily or weekly, and donā€™t update your story, you basically donā€™t even exist.

Angela Lee is no one as ONE doesnā€™t have anywhere the reach in the US that it does in Asia, and even those numbers are debated as thereā€™s evidence that ONE has fudged their online numbers in the past.

And Adriano Morais? Who tf is that guy? If youā€™re referring to Adriano Moraes, the guy who beat DJ, it was a very impressive win for the hardcores, but no one gives a flying fuck about DJ in the US anyway and even fewer give a fuck about a guy no oneā€™s heard of beating DJ in a promotion that again, absolutely no oneā€™s heard of.

Morais, Moraes whatever.

Supposedly the recent Nielson Report of sports viewership via online platforms had ONE as the global leader in sports leagues in terms of online views and the data was audited by this or that tech firm but Iā€™d have to look for a link to that.

*shopā€™d

I met Bruce a couple different times. He was very cool to my son at a UFC event a few years ago. He had two smoking hot model looking types and even tho he looked like he was in a hurry when the kid said HEY BRUCE he stopped and took pictures and talked to him briefly.

Maybe he has a big ego or whatever but he was nice to the kid and friendly enough to fans that I saw and thats 50000x more than I can say for Brock or a few other ACTUAL egomaniac dick heads.

Hes ok in my book.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember the report and it absolutely wreaked of bullshit when I first saw it. I mean, just look at their engagement on IG. Engagement is a tell tale way of knowing if someoneā€™s numbers are legit or not.

They have 6.4M supposed unique followers, but their last photo only got 2.5k likes. The one before that from 9 hrs ago only got 6.7k.

Compare that with the UFC, which we know is actually popular because normal people actually know it exists, and youā€™ll see they got 200k likes while having 31M followers. 5x the number of followers, but *100x the amount of likes.

In order for those engagement numbers to correlate and be proportional, ONEā€™s post should be getting around 5x fewer likes, or 40k, which they donā€™t and it isnā€™t even close. And that leads me to believe that the majority of their followers are fake and the engagement numbers they got thru those Neilsen numbers are also fraudulent.

Now I still watch ONE, because Iā€™m a degenerate with nothing better to do and the fights are actually pretty sick, but the numbers are more likely than not fugazi.

1 Like