Buffer says fighters go into irrelevancy outside the UFC

Do you agree? Did fighters like Bader, DJ, Alvarez, and Pettis become irrelevant when they fought outside the UFC?

2 Likes

Company man towing the line

21 Likes

Wonder why he has such an opinion

2 Likes

What a foolish thing to say…

5 Likes

Well you definitely get more exposure with the UFC. I mean this is a MMA forum and I feel other promotions hardly get any coverage even here.

24 Likes

He is also correct.

Nobody it talking about Rory Mac, Benson, bader, etc etc

26 Likes

Well at least other announcers say their names correctly instead of making it all about themselves and their fruity little suits.

13 Likes

It’s absolutely true. The other organizations simply are not there, or anywhere near where the UFC is in terms of fighter exposure today. It’s a pretty simple truth he speaks.

2 Likes

The casual fans that drive the buy rates of PPVs don’t even know the lower ranked fighters of the ufc. They’re not tuning in to Bellator and don’t even know ONE exists.
Buffer is right, like it or not.

….but at the end of the day the goal is to make enough money to retire on so if someone is offering you a lot more than the ufc does then take it.

3 Likes

Buffer is mostly correct

1 Like

Buffer is mostly correct, but guys like Bader and Corey Anderson who were unlikely to be UFC champions (or at the very least long running and popular champions, it’s possible they broke through at some point) are making more $ with Bellator. Does anyone care? Probably not…I have no idea what DJ is making, but I watched every one of his UFC fights, and the only thing I’ve seen since he left was the awesome knee to the face that the dude who looked 30 pounds bigger than him landed…and I saw that on instagram.

But DJ is likely make more $ than ever, so I doubt he gives a fuck if a random 40 year old dude is still watching his fights.

3 Likes

Company man. But not wrong.

Any combat sport as a very small shelf life… Buffer is 100 correct though

I could be wrong but what does relevancy have to do with getting paid? You know the thing professional fighters should be maximizing?

Many fighters have proven they are valued more outside of the UFC and I would call that a good business move. Maximizing earning potential should be the focus, not fighting for the UFC.

2 Likes

Bruce buffer sure loves attention. The guy truly believes he is irreplaceable

At 21:35 he won’t even chuckle over a FUNNY impression of himself, he seems insecure and threatened anytime someone questions his talent… like he’s being made fun of or something, but the guy was actually just a huge Bruce Buffer fan

5 Likes

Buffer seems like a cunt, never liked him from the beginning, thought the UFC was pathetic getting a hack just because his brother is the GOAT announcer for boxing, Bruce is all nasal sounding

But the fagoon didn’t go away and now I’m just used to it and hardly notice, the jumping turn thing is also gay as fuck

12 Likes

I don’t know why he’s still there.
He sucks and he always has.
Laura Sanko would do a better job than him and it would be cool to have a hotty like her take his spot.

1 Like

Is anyone really surprised a guy with ab implants is such a fragile douche?

6 Likes

He really has ab implants? I always thought that was a joke

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live