Butterbean by Armbar...wtf

As boxer Bean is a bit of a sideshow, but all things considered in the mma world his 20 years of boxing experience will make him a heck of a striker. Heavy hands and a solid chin will help as well. If he gets a good ground game it could be interesting.

"I get from boxing fans about how "even Butterbean can do well in MMA"."

So what if he does? I'm a boxing guy who also likes to watch mma. Not looking to prove one is better than the other. Bean's a likeable guy and it'd be cool to see him do well. Besides it gets his sideshow ass out of my sport (just kidding!!).

I am a boxing fan and have to deal with these people on the regular. It's annoying to say the least.

deal with it

the rest of us will continue to enjoy watching him beat people up

So does Bean end up in K-1 now? I'm sure everyone will agree that he isn't making 265 anytime soon.

Butterbean is apparently fighting Tank in the June K1/EXC show

Butterbean would be a force at 305!

LOL at Zulu being a "Pride level fighter" and "fighting for Pride" meaning something. He is there as a freakshow, not for his fighting skills. If you are denying this you are insane.

I don't need to deny it cause it have felt it. Pride does mean something to me. ive fought my share ,beat good guys so I know the difference. bean is for real. i dont need to prove it too you. if you dont see it you havent fought for real. his record speaks for itself. they can't all be flukes.

"Respect to him he hits like a truck and now just subbed a BJJ guy."

Hahaha@BJJ guy.

So does Bean end up in K-1 now? I'm sure everyone will agree that he isn't making 265 anytime soon.

you might be suprised.

I love seeing boxers convert to mma, I told butterbean years ago when i met him in biloxi he would love this style of fighting

Eric continues to amaze me. His development has been rapid. He says he'll get below 300 within the year, if he does he will be unstoppable. TC-do you really think that your some huge advocate of our sport? You are entitled to your opinions but are you so insecure(or lonely)that you have to repeatedly disparage Eric again and again? PS-tell your boxing fan "friends" that their sport is dying;) lol.

" I don't need to deny it cause it have felt it. Pride does mean something to me."

That's a little creepy.

"ive fought my share ,beat good guys so I know the difference. bean is for real. i dont need to prove it too you. if you dont see it you havent fought for real. his record speaks for itself. they can't all be flukes."

They're not flukes, he just doesn't fight anyone very good. I mean, he lost to Minowa and Genki Sudo.

"TC-do you really think that your some huge advocate of our sport?"

Not on a large scale, no. In my own personal relations though, I try to be.

"You are entitled to your opinions but are you so insecure(or lonely)that you have to repeatedly disparage Eric again and again?"

Lonely? LOL, what are you even talking about? Look, I say the same shit about everyone I think is massively overrated. I said it about Fujita, about Herring, about Thompson, about Yoshida. Butterbean is not a serious athlete, the fact that people are sweating him because he beat Zulu-fucking-zinho is ridiculous.

"Eric continues to amaze me. His development has been rapid. He says he'll get below 300 within the year, if he does he will be unstoppable."

Good luck getting under 300. The dude was 420 as of a month ago and has never weighed less than 300 in his entire fighting career. Even if he does, he will be far from "unstoppable". Please get off his dick.

Have you fought?

No, not really. What is your point?

"He says he'll get below 300 within the year, if he does he will be unstoppable."

LOL. Wow ok, I look forward to this.

Eric has done nothing in MMA as of yet, so you must understand people not believing you, yeah?

My point is that I love couch warriors like yourself.

halfguard sweep

"My point is that I love couch warriors like yourself."

Gotta love the guys who hide behind their green name when they get into an argument. News flash, just because you've had a few fights doesn't mean your opinion is more valid than anybody else's. Some of the top commentators in boxing and MMA have never fought, and some of the worst/dumbest commentators have been former fighters. Calling someone a "couch warrior" is just tiresome bullshit. I've been training BJJ for 6 years, I'm not completely clueless.

I suggest you stick to loving Lytle, he's a far more worthy recipient of your fanboyism.

Butterbean is a nice guy and all, but that fight could have went either way. They looked like two walrus going at it during mating season.

Don't get me wrong, though, BB is good at Boxing, but I'm not so sure about him in MMA.