Bye Eddie Alvarez

Eddie is a warrior and always exciting. He’s never in a boring fight. His dismantlings of Goetje and Melendez are historic already IMO. But he’s one of those guys who seem to crumble once they get hurt. Kinda like Overeem. I hope he sticks around but he’s indeed not in a very good negotiating position.

TeamPrimal -

Why does it hurt your feelings so bad?  Dude is a legend and one of the only guys outside the UFC to help build the sport back in the day.  He rolled the dice and it didn't pay out.  What enjoyment do you get out of someone else's misfortune?  Do you not think fighters are underpaid?

eddie built the sport? man i like the guy, but reaching that far you should change your name to stretch armstrong. Maybe its because ive been around and seen the guys who actually built the sport. Eddie helped build Bellator into a viable alternative MMA competitor to the UFC with the help of investors such as Viacom. Anything more than that is giving Eddie way too much credit.

NicolasRGC - Eddie is a warrior and always exciting. He's never in a boring fight. His dismantlings of Goetje and Melendez are historic already IMO. But he's one of those guys who seem to crumble once they get hurt. Kinda like Overeem. I hope he sticks around but he's indeed not in a very good negotiating position.

his dismantling of melendez is historic? jesus i must have hit my fucking head

RightHandOfDOOM - 
NicolasRGC - Eddie is a warrior and always exciting. He's never in a boring fight. His dismantlings of Goetje and Melendez are historic already IMO. But he's one of those guys who seem to crumble once they get hurt. Kinda like Overeem. I hope he sticks around but he's indeed not in a very good negotiating position.

his dismantling of melendez is historic? jesus i must have hit my fucking head

Sorry I got their fight confused with Melendez vs Sanchez. Still I stand by my statement about Alvarez vs Goetje :slight_smile:

Morpheus1976 -

you bashed the UFC on fighter pay and hold out a new contract after this fight and LOST.

Good luck dealing with the UFC lowballing you big time. Just call Coker already.

Yeah. I dont know if would have played the hand he had in that way. Its not like he was on a 3 fight win streak and is 25. He has had a few L's, and he is getting up there in age and is high on miles. I would have signed on the heels of the Gate-g win try and squeeze a few bucks outta that "most violent guy" shit and see where that went. Now you gotta go to season 2 of the PFL or some shit and get beat by up young hungry unknown dudes instead of main eventing ESPN cards. Bad call.

ThatsHowIRoll - 

Fuck off Morphageus

you are the dumbest cunt on the UG

This.

And there are a lot of dumb cunts on the UG.

TeamPrimal - 

Why does it hurt your feelings so bad?  Dude is a legend and one of the only guys outside the UFC to help build the sport back in the day.  He rolled the dice and it didn't pay out.  What enjoyment do you get out of someone else's misfortune?  Do you not think fighters are underpaid?

Morpheus1976 -

okay, my words are a little bit harsh, but Eddie had a big mouth before this fight and he could not deliver despite the cheating he got destroyed. He didn't lost a split or something.

Its hilariouis that other posters blamed it on the ref why he lost.

Just a head’s up - fighters will say almost anything to get attention which leads to fan interest.

Glad I could help.

PhillyFights -

Never thought I’d see the day where Eddie was (semi) unpopular. On a personal level, you guys have never met him and don’t know all the good things he does so I can understand that. But as a fighter? To hate on him must mean you’ve only seen like half his UFC fights and assumed that’s what the other 30 career fights were like. 

This I've met Eddie when I had a couple guys fighting at a small show in Philly and he was a really cool guy.  I'm friends with Aaron riley so I got Eddie to take a picture with me to send to aaron.  In a related story Eddie is one of the only guys to ever ko Aaron, which is no easy task.  Would be a shame if UFC let him go!