Calling All Internet Tough Guys

I think one of this countries biggest problems looking ahead is the unregulated, unsupervised, and unconstitutional use of unmanned aerial drones, the same drones they use on terrorist in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, and Iraq, here on us, the American public. What makes us any different than terrorist if our own government sanctions and approves, and even encourages the use of the same tools, tactics, and weapons that they use on the terrorist, on us?

Seriously? If our Government willingly uses these drones on the bad guys thousands of miles away and then turns right around and uses them to spy on their own citizens, then what's the difference?

American's need to wake up and realize our Congress, our politicians, all have an agenda. And that agenda is no longer in line with their constituents, but more likely in line with lobbyist. Which means that they no longer have our best interest at heart. If by using these drones to unnecessarily spy on you and I, and no one seems to ask why or even give a shit, then to what end are they being used?

I feel dumb even having to ask this question as I already know the answer, but why is the American media, the mainstream media not doing their jobs to cover this? It's because they too are beholden to someone in their back pocket or they're in someone else back pocket.

Ya know, that is part of the image problem w/ cops, the bad guys get all the press. But even when caught red handed doing something wrong there are never any consequences for them. In Victoria, BC a cop pushed a woman with MS to the ground cause he thought she was a street person. Even if she was he sure as shit doesn't have the right to pull that kind of shit. And his punishment for assaulting a disabled woman? Nothing!

Another case I heard about involved a cop pushing a drunk, handcuffed 17 yo boy to the concrete floor (in the station) so hard he gave the kid brain damage. He got a slap on the wrist and his commander officer defended him by saying it was only a momentary lapse because he didn't do anything wrong up to that point or after it. The stupidest thing I ever heard. I want to use that as a defense in a murder, "I didn't do anything wrong before I pulled the trigger or after so I should be let off".

They do it to themselves by not "policing" themselve better. I hold the police to a higher standard because of the position of trust they're in so when the violate that trust they should be held accountable. It wouldn't take much research to discover that the opposite is true. So when ever I run into one that is betraying the trust society puts into them I let them have.

SmasherSnu - 
RLL - 
DakenTattoo - Everyone talking shit about cops becuase Ian McCall said they were dumb, do me a favor. Go up to a cop today and tell them what you think exactly how you wrote your response on this forum. We need video tape proof of you doing this or bullshit. Let's see how that works out for ya.<br /><br />Or better yet do it the next time you call 911 to report a burglary or someone suspicious around your house. They would really love to hear your opinion then. <br /><br />Btw, cops need consent or a search warrant to search your house. A probation officer still needs more than a probation violation to search. Sounds like your UG hero is up to some shady ass shit.

"Go up to a cop today and tell them what you think exactly how you wrote your response on this forum. We need video tape proof of you doing this or bullshit. Let's see how that works out for ya."

What will happen? Will the cop beat me up for saying my opinion? Arrest me while I voice my free speech?

Your insinuation counteracts your argument.

Free speech is an often misinterpreted right. You only have freedom of speech if it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. You cannot go around verbally harassing people, and in some states, you can be arrested and charged for cursing in front of women or children.

Seems like the way people get around infringing on someone else's right to free speech is by asking a question, instead of making a general statement. An example might be: "Are cops abusive power tripping assholes?" or "Police Captain tells his officers to beat civilians?" Sort of like how media get away with slander or other 1st amendment violations. Bloggers in general used to be the biggest offenders of these type of actions, but more and more I see major media sources/outlets get carried away with using this same tactic.

bruised - 
Chimp Strength -
IP - 
Chimp Strength -  My experience is that 95% of cops are assholes.  Im sure there are some decent ones out there, but they are the exception from what Ive seen.  I spent the night in a cell cause some cop was giving me a load of abuse... I told him to go fuck himself and I got arrested.  Apparently the law is a one way thing.

If you've had multiple negative contacts with police you need to take a good, hard look at yourself, your actions and/or who you hang around.

Think about it for a minute. Really.

And you can make that assessment without knowing the circumstances surrounding my contacts with the Police?

And we're just supposed to take some story that you've spun to look like cops are 95% assholes? OK, Chimp Strength. I laugh at all of you guys that would be crying the moment you were robbed because there weren't enough cops and then bitch when you get pulled over because they're everywhere. You know, the funny thing is that every jackass has a story to tell about how a cop fucked them over and that's why they got a ticket/arrested, but never does a shit-head own that they just fucked up and should have been arrested. Why is that? Because to a shit-head, it's always someone else's fault. Phone Post

I'm on the police officers side in this argument, but you're wrong. I tended to be a bit of an idiot in college. I got in a fucking lot of fights and did lots of dumb shit I shouldn't have done.
That being said, I've been arrested 3 times. Once for a DUI, once for driving on revoked after the DUI. Both of those times, I was polite and respectful to the arresting officers and was honest with them. Both of those guys were cool with me, extremely nice, the one for the DUI actually didn't want to arrest me (I wasn't over the legal limit but I was underage) but another officer showed up as he was about to let me go, and I guess his hands were tied. Both of those experiences, I was the first to say I fucked up.
The third time I was arrested, I was at a bar with some friends on superbowl sunday. The superbowl was over and we were leaving, and there was a pretty big brawl outside. Maybe 15 guys fighting. I stopped and was just watching the brawl and enjoying the carnage, when the cops show up. One cop in particular runs up to me, and says "get the fuck out of here". I say "yes sir" and proceed towards the parking lot. Cops break up the brawl and start arresting people. I hadn't driven and the guy I rode with was still inside, and since this cop just told me to leave, I just go to my buddies truck and put the tailgate down and sit on it and wait.
About 5 minutes go by, and the original cop comes up to me and says "I thought I told you to fucking leave", I replied respectfully, "Sir, I did leave, but I didn't drive and my sober driver is still inside". He grabs me by the shirt collar and trys to pull me off the truck (Im a very large guy so he couldnt really move me). I say, again respectfully, "thats not necessary, sir, I'll be happy to do anything you would like without the use of force". This moron pulls out his ASP (spelling?) and tells me to get on the ground. I did, he arrested me and charged me with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and PI.
Well, I go to jail and am bailed out about 2 hours later. I immediately called one of my older fraternity brothers who is now a lawyer and he says hell represent me for free. We get security video from the bar, and I get off scott free, and said officer was fired. Justice was served. Of course I was still out bail money (about 115 bucks) and a few hours of my life, but not that big a deal.
Ran into the guy at a bar about a year later, he actually apologized to me. Said he had a terrible day that day and he didn't know what he was thinking. He told me that he expected me to be an asshole and hard to deal with because of my size. He seemed legitimately sorry and he bought me a beer. Didn't seem like a really bad dude. Perhaps it helped that I have a few cop friends that turned out to be mutual friends, but regardless, the man was held accountable and he apologized eventually.
Point of the story is, most cops are good dudes, some are legit assholes, but maybe others have just had a bad day. Of course that doesn't excuse being a bully, but we've all had that day where we were a complete asshole to someone who didn't deserve it because we had a shitty day.
Sorry for the novel.

blupitt - If U have never been arrested u probably have no reason to hate cops, I however do. Phone Post

Wearing the headband in public again was it? The bastards!! Phone Post

DakenTattoo - Everyone talking shit about cops becuase Ian McCall said they were dumb, do me a favor. Go up to a cop today and tell them what you think exactly how you wrote your response on this forum. We need video tape proof of you doing this or bullshit. Let's see how that works out for ya.<br /><br />Or better yet do it the next time you call 911 to report a burglary or someone suspicious around your house. They would really love to hear your opinion then. <br /><br />Btw, cops need consent or a search warrant to search your house. A probation officer still needs more than a probation violation to search. Sounds like your UG hero is up to some shady ass shit.

Have you ever been on probation?

Your PO can come into your home whenever he likes, with or without police.

A lot of cops do a great job, a lot of cops are fucking idiots

bruised -
Chimp Strength -
IP - 
Chimp Strength -  My experience is that 95% of cops are assholes.  Im sure there are some decent ones out there, but they are the exception from what Ive seen.  I spent the night in a cell cause some cop was giving me a load of abuse... I told him to go fuck himself and I got arrested.  Apparently the law is a one way thing.

If you've had multiple negative contacts with police you need to take a good, hard look at yourself, your actions and/or who you hang around.

Think about it for a minute. Really.

And you can make that assessment without knowing the circumstances surrounding my contacts with the Police?

And we're just supposed to take some story that you've spun to look like cops are 95% assholes? OK, Chimp Strength. I laugh at all of you guys that would be crying the moment you were robbed because there weren't enough cops and then bitch when you get pulled over because they're everywhere. You know, the funny thing is that every jackass has a story to tell about how a cop fucked them over and that's why they got a ticket/arrested, but never does a shit-head own that they just fucked up and should have been arrested. Why is that? Because to a shit-head, it's always someone else's fault. Phone Post

Sounds like anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. OK, the Police only recruit good, honest people... Non of them would ever be an asshole or break the law. Thanks for setting me straight on that one. Phone Post

As others have said, there are good cops, and there are bad cops, much like any line of work.

However if I am a bad IT admin, I am not in position to FUCK UP YOUR LIFE. Thats why cops are criticized so much. I truly believe for every bad cap there are a hundred good ones.

I think nowadays people are just glad that because of the internet, cell phone cams, etc, cops are being held more accountable to act the role model  and good person that there position of power SHOULD make them, but doesnt always